Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Got another unique today, Shiversting. It doubled my 2h marauder's dps from 100ish to 200ish :D

that is just criminal.
Actually I got 3rd one in 6 hour period, Blackgleam quiver. Good drops got me pumped up and I played until 7am :oops:

Arkeus

Arcane
Loot drops suck major balls in normal play. I had to set up a gimp farming set with +rarity/quantity gear and gems and grind the Ledge for hours on end to finally see some rares drop. Got a decent unique Templar chest too; not sure if i should sell it or hang on to it for a possible alt.
The higher your level compared to the map's level, the lower your odds of having any noteworthy drops.
E.G, farming the way you are doing it is a waste of time.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
The overlevel penelty only applies to currency items and scrolls.

As for increased item rarity and quantity, straight from the wiki:

Increased Item Rarity % modifiers increase the chances of an item being magic, rare, or unique. For example with a total of +100% increased item rarity, you'd get twice as many magic items, twice as many rares and twice as many uniques from normal enemies.
This modifier has no effect on the number or type of currency items, scrolls, or gems that drop.
When in a party, only the modifier from the player who lands the killing blow on an enemy is counted.
If one of your minions gets a kill, the minion's IIR is added to yours and the total is used.
Magic, rare, and unique monsters have an Increased item rarity modifier for drops.

Increased Item Quantity

This modifier increases the average number of items that drop from monsters and chests. It does not affect the type, quality, or rarity of item dropped, only the chance that something will drop. There is no cap on the usefulness of this modifier, as monsters can drop more than one item at a time.
The base chance for an item to drop from a normal monster is 16%. This varies between monster types, and special monsters have higher drop chances.
When in a party, each player in the party after the first gives the equivalent of +50% item quantity modifier on drops.

Castanova

Prophet
Ran my first map with my Summoner. Did the level 66 "Dungeon," modeled after the Act 1 Prison, complete with a Brutus-esque boss. Wasn't too bad except for a couple surprising spike-damage instances. The drops were actually pretty horrible but I guess I can't complain because I did find a 9% quality Crypt map.

I kept re-rolling the map until I ended up with -25% to your max resists and Enemies can't be stunned. It was +22% item quantity or so, not sure if that's a sufficient item quantity to blow a map. The Max Resist thing I didn't care about at all since my resists aren't nearly maxed. The stun thing was pretty minor I thought.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Amusing, that would have been an example of a deathtrap map for me when I was racing. I had over 80% resists and relied mostly on my 100% chance to stun anything in the game.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
I just got killed by Piety because the fucking town portal I was trying to escape with had been set by a guy who quit the fucking party :x:x:x:x:x

Arkeus

Arcane
The whole point of Hardcore is the rage and butthurt when dying :D
The downside is the rage and butthurt when dying because of lag.

Rpgsaurus Rex

Loot drops suck major balls in normal play. I had to set up a gimp farming set with +rarity/quantity gear and gems and grind the Ledge for hours on end to finally see some rares drop. Got a decent unique Templar chest too; not sure if i should sell it or hang on to it for a possible alt.

Grinding same old safe areas is pointless, you get best % of drops if you tackle areas that are at your level. Just be aware of your +% to rarity and quantity (quantity is more important), as well as your build - the less equipment-dependent it is, the more suitable it is for farming because you can wear more +% items.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
If I ever get around to this I'd play on hardcore. Rather treat it as a rogue-like than farm for loot.

made

Arcane

Grinding same old safe areas is pointless, you get best % of drops if you tackle areas that are at your level. Just be aware of your +% to rarity and quantity (quantity is more important), as well as your build - the less equipment-dependent it is, the more suitable it is for farming because you can wear more +% items.
As someone already mentioned, that only applies to currency drops, and it's a whooping -2% per level difference above 2. Ledge was perfectly fine at lvl55. Now I'd probably farm Felshrine but it's just too damn tedious.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
Oh you think those three stacks of cromatics will be enough to roll a 3-link you want? You silly, little man.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Oh you think those three stacks of cromatics will be enough to roll a 3-link you want? You silly, little man.

"Oh, this would be absolutely perfect if I could just make it into a 4L. How hard could it possibly be?"

Two stacks of Fusings later:
:x

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
On the official forums, some dude is complaining that he blew 1200 Fusings trying to get a 6-link - and failed. It seems that in most cases it's way, WAY cheaper to just trade for the gear you need instead of trying to craft it yourself.

DakaSha

Arcane
Im getting really close to normal piety with one of my exiles.. What do i need to be aware of? is she harder than vaal?

Arkeus

Arcane
Im getting really close to normal piety with one of my exiles.. What do i need to be aware of? is she harder than vaal?
You need all your resists at 75/80, as well as a good amount of life/es. Apart from that, she isn't too hard (i never had any problem whatosever with Vaal though, and Piety almost kills me every time).

Zdzisiu

Arcane
She will enter those portals she summons and morph into an Avatar of Fire/Cold for a short time. When she is the Cold Avatar, she will spam multiple Ice spears that hurts like hell when you are far away. Just hide behing pillars, stacks of bodies until she returns to normal form. When she returns to normal form, she is kinda stunned, just stays there so you can hit her like a bitch. Fire Avatar form is easier, it just runs after you like Usain Bolt and hits like Mike Tyson.

Sometimes, she will also spawn those lightning balls, and those are fucking deadly, stay away from them.

All in all, you hit her when she is in normal form and try to not get killed while she is morphed.

DakaSha

Arcane
Well.. question became meaningless.. that asshole 'Kole' One shot me... wtf. It wasnt even his slam. it was that chain. I had max health and energy shield (about 1k)

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. The gear and gems piss me off the most lol

Arkeus

Arcane
Well.. question became meaningless.. that asshole 'Kole' One shot me... wtf. It wasnt even his slam. it was that chain. I had max health and energy shield (about 1k)

Dying with a quality gem on yourself = FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Cowboy Moment

Arcane

Ahahahaha, finally my nemesis Kole is getting the recognition he deserves! Last time he hit me for about 1600 with his normal melee attack in Cruel. I'm really looking forward to meeting him in Merciless. I have three Granite Flasks prepared this time.

Ahahaha!

:(

abija

Prophet
I'm really looking forward to meeting him in Merciless. I have three Granite Flasks prepared this time.

Ahahaha!

:(
Don't test it. Armor is listed as % mitigation but it's capped. That value is for attacks from normal mobs, in the case of hard hitters armor barely makes any difference unless it's stacked with high hp/shield and endurance charges.
I had 2500ish hp and my char screen was saying 90% reduction and the fight with him was a pusyfest.

empi

Augur
I don't believe you people, kole's easy

and that 5l is a pretty low base item, i guess worth a few alchs? Maybe more if it's a high itemlevel

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom