Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

ArchAngel

Arcane
Since I've decided to not wait for console release and play on my old PC I am used to bad performance and hopefully minion playstyle will cover for me if FPS drops become really bad. So far during leveling it is between 45 and 60 fps

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Grunker RF build is going well. Did uber ascendancy and got enough currency to afford an aegis aurora, a 6l and a decent weapon.

Very smooth to play so far and I was impressed how early on I was able to transition to using RF (I started using it around level 35).

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Grunker RF build is going well. Did uber ascendancy and got enough currency to afford an aegis aurora, a 6l and a decent weapon.

Very smooth to play so far and I was impressed how early on I was able to transition to using RF (I started using it around level 35).

You can do it @ 20 because of the masteries from last league. Very QoL

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker

You can do it @ 20 because of the masteries from last league. Very QoL
Yeah, I started using RF at 20. It feels very good now that I've gotten the explode ascendency from chieftain and started using fire trap. Gearing has also been super smooth with the fire res conversion.

I'm kinda liking the league mechanic, although I think it will get boring in time. I'm having most success with just bumrushing the opponent and hopefully aggroing the entire enemy team. It feels like defenders/flankers can barely be relied on to win 2v1 matchups without aid.

The tattoo rewards feel good (although a lot of them won't apply to your build), the random rares/currency are kinda meh.

Last edited:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Performance for me is way better than it used to be previous league, seems to be the graphic patch that they rolled out. Fixed the frame-lag.

I mostly had good performance on POE (As I'd hope on a 3080), but yeah this patch has made my framerates much more stable.

I was kinda surprised considering all the complaints of the patch destroying performance.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I got to maps over the weekend but since yesterday I have decided to go back to JA2 1.13 until they try to fix performance issues and put out usual post release patches for the league mechanics.
Also prices for items I need will drop if I wait for a while after the initial rush has passed and supply becomes much bigger than demand.
Maybe I even switch to playing it on Xbox if the performance fix comes to Xbox at similar times. Also PoE on M&K is really bad for my neck, it all started hurting again over just two days of playing.
I am too old and hurt now for fast games on M&K.

Gerrard

Arcane
Yeah I'm sure it's the ground tiles that make entering town take 30+ seconds when it used to be 3.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Can anyone give me a suggestion for a relatively beginner friendly league starter that has good single target damage? I wanted to farm Essences & Harvest for my endgame route, so I want to be able to actually kill the Essence Boss at a decent speed.

Jason Liang

Arcane
I'm playing Eternal Youth/ Dissolution of the Flesh Ascendant. Supposedly both Blood Sacrament and Reap completely melt bosses in bossing.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Can anyone give me a suggestion for a relatively beginner friendly league starter that has good single target damage? I wanted to farm Essences & Harvest for my endgame route, so I want to be able to actually kill the Essence Boss at a decent speed.
I hear good things about Enki's builds, the latest of which is https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3410006.

I'm very disappointed that resolve mitigation in sanctum completely ignores your resists. Sitting here at 85% in all and not getting any benefit.

RF is fun, the chieftain explode makes it smooooth. I've got a bunch of skill sockets left open that I don't know what to do with however. This is not a problem I usually have. I'm still in very low tier maps though, and my gear is mostly horrendous. I had the good fortune to find a 5L during campaign, but like half of my slots have been the same since act2. Will be interesting to see how the build scales. Managed to get the helmet from ritual with "your hits with socketed skills cause exposure" which seems like a good pickup for dps. Not having shock/freeze immunity sucks a bit though, but not sure how I can fit it in without wrecking my dps.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
What performance issues? Just turn off sounds entirely as usual.
Or use soft that limits your CPU... or do it yourself via BIOS.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I'm very disappointed that resolve mitigation in sanctum completely ignores your resists. Sitting here at 85% in all and not getting any benefit.

I just knew they'd fuck this up somehow. Guess Sanctum still isn't on the menu when I return.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Also, Ralakesh's Impatience are worth like 4 divine now. Saw a pair in a ritual altar, but I didn't have enough tribute to defer, unfortunately.

When did that happen? I remember them being a cheapo 1c unique.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
For early bossing start with Sabo using fire mines (Pyroclast+Astral Projectile ring)/traps and kongmings shield for damage against blinded enemies

Last edited:

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I hear good things about Enki's builds, the latest of which is https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3410006.

RF is fun, the chieftain explode makes it smooooth. I've got a bunch of skill sockets left open that I don't know what to do with however. This is not a problem I usually have. I'm still in very low tier maps though, and my gear is mostly horrendous. I had the good fortune to find a 5L during campaign, but like half of my slots have been the same since act2. Will be interesting to see how the build scales. Managed to get the helmet from ritual with "your hits with socketed skills cause exposure" which seems like a good pickup for dps. Not having shock/freeze immunity sucks a bit though, but not sure how I can fit it in without wrecking my dps.
This looks perfect. Thanks you beautiful bastard.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
explode makes it smooooth

Told you, nigga. Now go get yourself a pair of Legacy of Fury
Have to fight the maven for that since I'm ssf. It ain't gonna happen, at least not anytime soon. I could take the fire mastery explode, but the damage from that explosion seems really low.

I just knew they'd fuck this up somehow. Guess Sanctum still isn't on the menu when I return.
I also remember every floor used to be, kill boss get out, now some floors are just find the exit, some are kill every boss/rare (usually there's around 6 that need to be killed). Also this shit is still very annoying. Ran into a trap fight room where the traps shot laser beams that track you (hf if you don't have a teleport skill), forcing you to relocate a lot and of course the enemies have no problem attacking you from offscreen and it's not like you can dodge if you can't see. So yeah, I'm not exactly excited to play more.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
high density economy tips video for Trade League specifically:

Least fun I had in any League to date so far. This could very well just be on me, because of my starter choice and/or IRL stress. OR the League actually isn't that good. I don't remember ever complaining about Heist when it initially launched. At least there you were getting some good rewards. In Ancestor I'm either getting ass raped and have to wait until I fully lose a match and then the tourney OR I'm winning, but it takes minutes and the reward is 3 Jews or 6 Chance Orbs or some such. Hopefully this hotfix will make things more fun and also a different build maybe (currently leveling Ice Spear Totems Hiero).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom