Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Jason Liang

Arcane
AHHH Console League launch is a week behind PC!!!!

I've been wondering why I'm still in Crucible League!

Baron Dupek

Arcane
27vrlid2swib1.png

ArchAngel

Arcane
Nice, minion master is doing Guardian Skele Mages as his starter build.. now I can just copy him exactly :D

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Played for a very little bit, did first trial. This has to be the worst intro to a league mechanic ever. They just dump you right in and you you an info popup that's the height of the entire screen. I ended up losing, because I didn't read it and apparently I couldn't damage the enemy totems?

Alex

Arcane
I was completely uninterested in this league but now I’m gerning FOMO

Shit league:

who gives a flying fuck about challenge rewards

those who want new models for portals, new pets and don't want to look like a hobo anymore?

I thought the only reason people used those things was to annoy other players in town by looking as garish as possible while covering as much of the screen as possible.

TheCumGuzzler

Educated
Half-way through act 2 and the performance is absolute garbage, I'm not sure if it's just me but the game is stuttering and the loading screens are at least 30 seconds sometimes (NVMe SSD), see you all next league.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Half-way through act 2 and the performance is absolute garbage, I'm not sure if it's just me but the game is stuttering and the loading screens are at least 30 seconds sometimes (NVMe SSD), see you all next league.
I do not have big performance problems during playtime but I did notice long load times into towns. But I got an old PC, I am used to game not running at 60 fps all the time :D

TheCumGuzzler

Educated
I do not have big performance problems during playtime but I did notice long load times into towns. But I got an old PC, I am used to game not running at 60 fps all the time :D
The game is running at 60 - 90 fps just not 144 and above which is what I'm used to.

I know I know first world problems and all but I can't play anything under 120 fps, even worse when the FPS is not consistent.

ArchAngel

Arcane
The game is running at 60 - 90 fps just not 144 and above which is what I'm used to.

I know I know first world problems and all but I can't play anything under 120 fps, even worse when the FPS is not consistent.
Did you try playing around with Vulkan/DX11? Change other graphic options?

They did changes to video stuff in patches before this league, I know some people complained how it runs. Then they said they are going to fix it for release, I guess they didn't fix it enough.

TheCumGuzzler

Educated

They did changes to video stuff in patches before this league, I know some people complained how it runs. Then they said they are going to fix it for release, I guess they didn't fix it enough.
I tried all the options but to no avail, though I did notice DX11 made the FPS slightly better so if anyone else is having the issue maybe try that.

ArchAngel

Arcane

I tried all the options but to no avail, though I did notice DX11 made the FPS slightly better so if anyone else is having the issue maybe try that.
check poe reddit, I noticed topics talking about this in last two weeks

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
Frames got so bad before they changed atlas those mtx had me speedrun sirus day 2-3 to get out of oriath as soon as possible.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Leveling with Guardian is interesting. As soon as you get Sentinel of Radiance (that was buffed just before release lol, now has more life and soaks 20% of incoming damage) his RF ability murders everything except bosses. You just run around and teleport him with convocation and just cast other stuff vs rares or in boss battles.

Israfael

Arcane
Frames got so bad before they changed atlas those mtx had me speedrun sirus day 2-3 to get out of oriath as soon as possible.
I have the same 144 fps I had (framecapped) before this (and before the infamous 'poe2 particle system' patch that ruined game for many a player), but I'm a weirdo that uses DX12 instead of the other two options (smoothest experience for me for some reason, but I have very beefy CPU (7950x3d) so may be CPU hiccups are less noticeable with DX12 provided your system is high-end enough)

tritosine2k

Erudite
(and before the infamous 'poe2 particle system' patch

more like console patch for "gpu driven rendering" so cpu will count less down the line

it was the reason i reinstalled really and saw enough so...

Gerrard

Arcane
I have the same 144 fps I had (framecapped) before this (and before the infamous 'poe2 particle system' patch that ruined game for many a player), but I'm a weirdo that uses DX12 instead of the other two options (smoothest experience for me for some reason, but I have very beefy CPU (7950x3d) so may be CPU hiccups are less noticeable with DX12 provided your system is high-end enough)
DX12 doesn't even work for me at all, I just get a black screen after starting the game.

Reever

Scholar
Patron
Yeah, they fucked up the performance for me, too. I've also seen Ben having problems with Sirus' Maze where it kept flickering.
Either way, the mechanic just seems very boring to me so I'll probably skip this league.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom