Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

ArchAngel

Arcane
Like I said, trading on console (using the trade market) is very simple, streamlined and impersonal. You drop something someone else wants, just put it in your sale tab, price it, and that someone will find it and pay you. Very no mess.
Search function for marketplace on console is even more cancer than poe.trade. The time you waste trying to find what you want is more than time you waste joining people hideouts..
I play PoE on Xbox in addition to my PC and I tried that trade, it has almost no filters. At best you get 50 pages of kind of close to what you want and then you need to go one by one and look at all the items in the list, they are not even listed by price lol..

ArchAngel

Arcane
Nah, they didn't nerf Boneshatter. Maybe it is time to try Boneshatter Slayer on Ruthless :D
I wonder if that skill gem is one of the quest rewards for Dualist or I need to go Marauder to get it.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Like I said, trading on console (using the trade market) is very simple, streamlined and impersonal. You drop something someone else wants, just put it in your sale tab, price it, and that someone will find it and pay you. Very no mess.
Search function for marketplace on console is even more cancer than poe.trade. The time you waste trying to find what you want is more than time you waste joining people hideouts..
I play PoE on Xbox in addition to my PC and I tried that trade, it has almost no filters. At best you get 50 pages of kind of close to what you want and then you need to go one by one and look at all the items in the list, they are not even listed by price lol..
I can search for the stuff I want without any issues. Once you filter online players only, there is usually only a couple of pages. For example, I found my fractured +1 Fire Skill Gem Prophecy Wand for 20c very easily, just filtered "gems" and looked at all of the fractured Omen Wands highlighted until I found +1 Fire Skill. Very easy to find the right Watcher's Eye as well. You are wasting your time if you are searching non-active accounts.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Anyone here plays ruthless? seems to be a lot of changes for it

gqs1bmp2xchb1.png

you don't say

here are patchnotes without Lootless changes
https://chx.github.io/poe-patchnotes-322.html#atlaschanges

when even content creators (who loves to shit on others and redditors, even when they have valid points) have some doubts

ArchAngel

Arcane
I never played Sanctum so I will have some stuff to try in this league. I just need to find a fun and strong build that requires least amount of trading.

Ba'al

Scholar
I'm a bit mad that they've nerfed ascendancies in ruthless. I thought the point was limiting player power through shittier drops, why would they take away power from the passive skill tree? Are players becoming too powerful through sheer grind? lol

ArchAngel

Arcane
I'm a bit mad that they've nerfed ascendancies in ruthless. I thought the point was limiting player power through shittier drops, why would they take away power from the passive skill tree? Are players becoming too powerful through sheer grind? lol
Kripp is playing Ruthless only now and he is still doing too good.

Perkel

Arcane
Because there shouldn't be ascendancies in ruthless in first place. I remember when they weren't in POE and no one had any stupid arguments about which ascendacy got nerfed or not. People just played witch/maruder/etc and that was it. Made fire duelist ? cool. Moreover with no ascendacies most of classes were very loose. Meaning gearing Witch into melee build was very viable. With ascendacies in you think about ascendacy first then your build later.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Because there shouldn't be ascendancies in ruthless in first place. I remember when they weren't in POE and no one had any stupid arguments about which ascendacy got nerfed or not. People just played witch/maruder/etc and that was it. Made fire duelist ? cool. Moreover with no ascendacies most of classes were very loose. Meaning gearing Witch into melee build was very viable. With ascendacies in you think about ascendacy first then your build later.
Ascendancies make the game and character building more interesting.

Perkel

Arcane
Ascendancies make the game and character building more interesting.
No it pigeonholes builds.

Reever

Scholar
Patron
It's just a matter of preference. I, personally, don't see anything interesting in going melee witch outside of the challenge of it. On the other side, I did make my RF last league Inquisitor just because of the class fantasy.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Is Trickster any good? I like the Shadow start but none of the Ascendancy classes are appealing.

Help me choose for next league-
- Omachi (Scion/ Ascendant using Dancing Dervish and Lightning spells)
- Rowan Mayfair (Witch/ Necromancer with Reaper)
- Unnamed Shadow/ ???

Also I dropped 2 Igneous Geodes this morning but is it even worth running them?

Crook, 24 hours before mothball.

Last edited:

ADL

Prophet
It is certainly a HUGE problem because game is not designed around SSF (like it should be) but trading is a pain that needs you to learn a seperate game called Trade Simulator.
Agreed. Playing without trading should be viable and enjoyable but instead it's treated like an annoying challenge mode. Chris is probably too stubborn for this but I'd like them to steal Last Epoch's implementation wholesale because it seems like the best of both worlds. Target loot and better drop rates versus access to the bazaar. If they can manage Ruthless, why the hell can't they do this too?
Keep in mind RNG will be cut down considerably once we get bazaar/targeted loot from prophecies. Personally I refuse to trade so I'm very excited for circle of fortune (you can still trade among party members if you find an item while they're grouped with you).
55c67fa15eac047a873565e7088dff04b3677b5d_2_812x851.png

fdd94345e27e5f59bd8375987de92196a206cf35_2_812x435.png

e73576c8cc3307430f7405f4212955218f0efd9c_2_812x435.png

https://forum.lastepoch.com/t/trade...ts-guild-and-circle-of-fortune-factions/51994

ArchAngel

Arcane
I might try Guardian summoner this league. Seems Skeleton Mages might be good. But I wonder more how well are his defensive options. Since I will probably play on Xbox again, controllers are bad for targeting with ranged attacks or doing precise dodging :D
I need to be able to survive hits and deal damage without needing to target anything.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Is Trickster any good?
It's decent for Cold DoT and is potentially going to be very strong in the new Sanctum due to the Evasion + Energy Shield mechanics. Trickster is rarely the best Ascendancy choice for any particular build, but looking back at some of your creations I think that the Ascendancy choice is the least of your problems and Trickster is going to be a good fit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom