Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

ArchAngel

Arcane
I just want to play aRPG, get loot off ground and have fun.
Then do just that, nobody's holding a gun to your head forcing you to trade. It's there for you if you don't want to grind for 150 hours for a single piece of gear.
Maybe you get your fun from all this shit, I do not.
So not a problem of the trade system. Thank you for agreeing. There's no problem with playing SSF, I get what you're saying, have fun in your own way. I have fun not only completing the game but solving the build, doing all pinnacle bosses and getting rich before I stop for the league.
Also, it doesn't take a lot to "master" the trade or whatever, it's easy. Funny enough, it takes way more time and suffering to clear all content with SSF than doing it with trade. Because then you WISH you could get the ten stacks of orbs that you need to craft your gear with a single trade offer instead of doing 500 map runs.
It is certainly a HUGE problem because game is not designed around SSF (like it should be) but trading is a pain that needs you to learn a seperate game called Trade Simulator.

And the REAL reason why that is, they are afraid people will complete their characters faster and quit the league faster. That is only reason why they put these stupid artificial barriers around trade.
Sure OK, but since SSF is a seperate mode anyways, they could just add better drops there and then both groups would be satisfied.

But what about all the items that would go back to Standard after league is over?
#1 Screw Standard
#2 make Standard SSF and migrate those characters there

Last edited:

430am

Educated
game is not designed around SSF (like it should be)
Really, it should be? Says who, you? It's already easy to complete all 10 acts and finish the game without any help. The pinnacle bosses are for min-maxing your build, like the ubers in Diablo.
And the REAL reason why that is, they are afraid people will complete their characters faster and quit the league faster.
I just told you that clearing all content is WAY faster with trade and sometimes straight up impossible on SSF depending on build and luck. Read before replying to me.
There's no "artificial barriers". You don't have to trade at all if you don't want to. It's entirely possible to self-craft all your gear, but it will take a ton of time grinding the materials respeccing the atlas tree instead of just getting exactly what you want from someone who has it.
Git gud. There's no secret conspiracy theory out to get you, you never bothered to become skilled at the end game in either modes.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
game is not designed around SSF (like it should be)
Really, it should be? Says who, you? It's already easy to complete all 10 acts and finish the game without any help. The pinnacle bosses are for min-maxing your build, like the ubers in Diablo.
And the REAL reason why that is, they are afraid people will complete their characters faster and quit the league faster.
I just told you that clearing all content is WAY faster with trade and sometimes straight up impossible on SSF depending on build and luck. Read before replying to me.
There's no "artificial barriers". You don't have to trade at all if you don't want to. It's entirely possible to self-craft all your gear, but it will take a ton of time grinding the materials respeccing the atlas tree instead of just getting exactly what you want from someone who has it.
Git gud. There's no secret conspiracy theory out to get you, you never bothered to become skilled at the end game in either modes.
"Git gud" in this case means learn the Trade Simulator and suffer the terrible trade system. You are trully retarded, it feels like talking to a TDS person.
What happened to a loot hunt? Why is there not a focus on that?
It is why I said it should be designed around SSF or seperate SSF from trade shit for real, not just in name.

Hopefully PoE2 becomes less reliant on trade

tritosine2k

Erudite
It is why I said it should be designed around SSF

in this game that means farming plus they'll make you jump through hoops twice over before implementing anything deterministic.

It's rather interesting how spectre builds are treated so bad in a row like they are done with that whole ordeal.

In any case if POE2 is really path of souls I wouldn't mind if some of this (1) stuff comes to dungeon crawlers.

ArchAngel

Arcane
It is why I said it should be designed around SSF

in this game that means farming plus they'll make you jump through hoops twice over before implementing anything deterministic.

It's more interesting how spectre builds are treated so bad in a row like they are done with the whole ordeal.
Well PoE2 having special fusings that are drops and guarantee +1 link to your skills and the way they are going to seperate skill links from gear (FINALLY! I hated that shit from Closed Beta of PoE1 and wrote them big feedback post about it) is already a big bonus to not needing to trade. Sure trading will make it faster but hopefully it will not be as crazy difference as it is now. Even in SSF I get plenty of 6L, they are just corrupted items or item bases that are useless for me. Hopefully this Greater Fusing that 6L your skills drops as often as 6L do in current game.

New Chaos orbs being like Annul orb + Exalted in one is also very cool in process of making your own gear instead of trading for it. And shops actually having useful upgrades and being a source of current 1 to 10c rares that let you start mapping without need to trade for them is also incline.

430am

Educated
You are trully retarded,
Yeah, all I hear so far is crying from someone who didn't even clear Eater/Exarch. It's possible just fine on SSF. Git gud.
nah. Even streamers get wiped there on SSF and it's already logout affair. Sadly that's precisely the thing (learn the phase boss fights) that leaves me unexcited for 2.
There's plenty of videos of people doing SSF Eater on youtube, and it doesn't take a lot of effort. Uber Eater/Exarch, yeah, that would be hard. From what I've seen about 2 it has the dark souls roll around combat with bosses so I don't know how to feel about yet. I just hate it being shoehorned into everything these days.

tritosine2k

Erudite
You are trully retarded,
Yeah, all I hear so far is crying from someone who didn't even clear Eater/Exarch. It's possible just fine on SSF. Git gud.
nah. Even streamers get wiped there on SSF and it's already logout affair. Sadly that's precisely the thing (learn the phase boss fights) that leaves me unexcited for 2.
There's plenty of videos of people doing SSF Eater on youtube, and it doesn't take a lot of effort. Uber Eater/Exarch, yeah, that would be hard.
Well in race they do it early and get wiped WITH logout you'll be 10-20x as likely wiped with or without it's just bad mechanic.

Baron Dupek

Arcane

Support Gems (7/14)

Corrupting Cry: Warcries and Exerted Attacks inflict Corrupted Blood

still no clue what exerted is

n2643xrv54hb1.png
Ritual getting 2 Keystones?
That's why they introduce it last?

Ba'al

Scholar
lmao look at this retard trying to improve the perfect trading system:

he is getting BLASTED for it in the reddit thread, everybody hates it lol:

Jason Liang

Arcane
Like I said, trading on console (using the trade market) is very simple, streamlined and impersonal. You drop something someone else wants, just put it in your sale tab, price it, and that someone will find it and pay you. Very no mess.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
If you'd like to play a Damage over Time build but don't have time to wait around for Ailments to deal Damage, check out Sadism Support! It causes supported Skills to have less Ailment Duration and deal Damage with Ailments Faster."

Alex

Arcane
Like I said, trading on console (using the trade market) is very simple, streamlined and impersonal. You drop something someone else wants, just put it in your sale tab, price it, and that someone will find it and pay you. Very no mess.

But how do you run Path of Exile as a command line program?

Ba'al

Scholar
I find this development immensely hilarious. But let's not argue any longer, this is an objective improvement that keeps the trading system fundamentally the same while making scams that little bit harder to pull off. Given that they're set on keeping the current system there's not a whole lot more (besides small QoL improvements) they can do. Since it's obvious that the intern that implemented the currency counting is reading my posts I'll make another request - in the same way that a trade request highlights the item in question in the seller's stash, please make it so it is highlighted for the buyer in the trade screen as well.

tritosine2k

Erudite

• Added a new Intelligence Support Gem - Fresh Meat: Supports skills that create minions. Minions created by Supported Skills gain Wakened Fury and Adrenaline for 10% of their Duration, up to a maximum of 10 seconds.
love how they won't tell if former is even a buff or gutting

• Added a new Atlas Keystone Passive Skill, Unending Nightmare, which grants "Delirium Fog in your Maps never dissipates", "Delirium Orbs cannot be found in your Maps" and "Simulacrum Splinters cannot be found in your Maps".
dis gon b gud, I'll max mirror % and toggle this b***h

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom