Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
League mechanic looks pretty cool actually.

Rip raider though, how will I get 250% ms in ssf now?

Edit: also, lul at these melee buffs, doubled damage in some cases. Moving more defences from auras to items sucks.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Damn, this all looks awesome. I just might come back for this league for one last Epic PoE1 league before PoE2.

ArchAngel

Arcane
MF got hit
take my energy
and shove it up your ass
Good change. All changes are good.

Melee league here we go! I just need to find a character that will not die all the time while being too close to enemies and since I am going to playing this on Xbox I will not have precise targeting or moving so I will needs some big AoE melee attack.

tritosine2k

Erudite

Gutting quant is less meta more power creep. Just like T17. "Hooray".

Can't wait for more soulslike towering enemies and mounts. What a slop.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
The way that the Quantity and Rarity of items dropped from extra content has been changed.
Generally we have added item Quantity or Rarity bonuses

would be funny if they repeated the same mistake with LoK league and caused nuclear meltdown in the fanbase
minimum wage league lmao

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Kinda considering doing corrupted bleed wand gladiator again, the clear speed was very fun.

Concerning the warden, barkskin seems pretty bad, tincture nodes feel like they'll probably be bad in ssf. The elemental stuff seems quite strong and fun though. Guaranteed frost, stackable shocks, super saiyan mode. Bit ascendancies with no good defensive options often feel bad. I have been considering some kind of elemental claw build for a while, so might be time to commit.

ferratilis

Magister
I haven't played this in years, does this update mean that trading is now automated, or just for currency? I might try it again if trading can be less of a hassle.

It's also amusing to watch them dunk on Blizzard for nearly a decade. D4 added a new nigger and some jungle area for 40 bucks, these guys add whole new layers to the game for free. Top notch work.

Tarkleigh

Learned
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
The new league sounds super-weird but I usually stick to standard anyway so it is not that important. I do hope the trade system does make it to standard eventually, though. Indirect trading would be much more comfortable than always having to find someone online.

The changes to melee are very interesting and I am itching to test them out. Having real Vaal Pact again is awesome and my very fun Flicker Strike build could profit from it at lot. I will have to dive into the patch notes for more details.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
GGG forgot about this combo
warden-new-class-instead-of-raider-v0-uh20c7yvgcdd1.png

ArchAngel

Arcane
I haven't played this in years, does this update mean that trading is now automated, or just for currency? I might try it again if trading can be less of a hassle.

It's also amusing to watch them dunk on Blizzard for nearly a decade. D4 added a new nigger and some jungle area for 40 bucks, these guys add whole new layers to the game for free. Top notch work.
It is only currency but still it is HUGE QoL improvement. You do not really need to sell gear to get rich which is still irritating with current system (between losing time pricing shit and needing to go back to sell it to others) but buying gear is usually not that bad experience unless you are trying to buy cheap shit that others also do not want to stop mapping or whatever to sell it to you.
So now you can just farm maps and other content for any kind of currency, turn it all into chaos and divines fairly easily and then go buy the item you wanted.

Gerrard

Arcane
The trading thing is a great example of how much GGG actually cares about the player opinions and the experience with the game, it wasn't until Mark himself had to message 100 people and get 0 trades that it became a problem.

ArchAngel

Arcane
The trading thing is a great example of how much GGG actually cares about the player opinions and the experience with the game, it wasn't until Mark himself had to message 100 people and get 0 trades that it became a problem.
I think it is not that. Did you notice that Chris is less involved now than before? He is not even doing interviews for PoE1 anymore.
I think he was the one blocking stuff like this over the years and something happened now and he is no longer doing it. Maybe they made a deal that he is going to get Ruthless mode and PoE1 and PoE2 will be allowed to be made better.

Gerrard

Arcane
I think it is not that. Did you notice that Chris is less involved now than before? He is not even doing interviews for PoE1 anymore.
I think he was the one blocking stuff like this over the years and something happened now and he is no longer doing it. Maybe they made a deal that he is going to get Ruthless mode and PoE1 and PoE2 will be allowed to be made better.
It is weird though, because wasn't Mark the lead for PoE2 while Chris was still on PoE1?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
anything that would make ssf melee necromancer a thing?
Dominating blow is a thing that exists. I don't think the melee buff really helps it, but I don't think it was notably bad last league either. I ran it ssf with guardian (admittedly two years ago, so who knows how it is now) and had good success. It can feel a bit janky against some bosses since it takes a couple seconds of attacking to spawn all the minions, and their duration is mediocre. But it's very fun in maps sine you get to steal auras (if they didnt remove that).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom