Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Dominating blow is a thing that exists
oooh... was thinking about something else but i havent done dominating blow yet...

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
Farm holy relic of conviction and lancing steel of spraying in lab there you go your "melee" minion build, oh and for this league ignore any build guide without endurance charges.

Israfael

Arcane
anything that would make ssf melee necromancer a thing?
Depends what you mean by melee, if you use aegis aurora and things like frenzy, you'd stay in the melee range anyway to get regen / buffs. I just rolled Holy relic of conviction (since i had Dialla almost since first week of the 3.24 thanks to lucky nameless seer(before it got nerfed i guess, later i haven't gotten even one t1/t2 item from him in 5+ tries)), pretty tanky and versatile build even without ashes or enhance (never dropped for me in 3+ months).

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
That's infernal legion skitterbot, it kinda sorta works from act2-5 then it's unscalable bc. DoT and I go for attackspeed/crit. That's my scion go-to now lazy enough. Might do a practice run.
was thinking about burning myself but... might adapt

tritosine2k

Erudite
That's infernal legion skitterbot, it kinda sorta works from act2-5 then it's unscalable bc. DoT and I go for attackspeed/crit. That's my scion go-to now lazy enough. Might do a practice run.
was thinking about burning myself but... might adapt
oh and devise new cheesing mechanism for brutus bc. there wont be decoy totem apparently.

then also holy flame totem flamewall :lol:

Last edited:

tritosine2k

Erudite
Oh its not all totems just melee. Then prob usual cheese still works. Let's try holy flame/wall.

Let's try holy flame/wall.

OP AF with witch because flamewall scales with spell damage.

I don't want to start mule character so gave raging spirit a go instead, raging spirit+ flamewall works in conjuction reasonably well until melee splash. Brutus can go down without portal and cheese. Act2 was a breeze with melee splash in 3 link (+lighting damage). Scion has advantage because 3-3 minion block passive and spell duration passives (+1 up). I'll go until Gravicus and respec into animate weapon as usual+assassins mark/punishment. Might want to visit act4 Piety with a hefty 25-30 minion gang (SRS+AW).
Minor annoyance with Scion you can't get lvl1 arcane surge linked with move skill bc. starts with 3 but after spell duration passive its no issue and you really want cast speed. Oh and iron rings for elemental specific bosses and offhand gems. IDK how new players get to do all this but good luck.

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I'm going to be trying 2-element dual-claw blade flurry warden this league. Seems pretty easy to hit high spell suppression and evade, and some extra defense from freeze. Tried to fit some rage, but can't quite work it in usefully.

The shock notable from warden seems like a trap: base shock duration is only 2 seconds, so glhf trying to reach 50 stacks. Scorch seems like it could be quite good. Not sure if getting high uptime tincture is better than barkskin, neither seems particularly useful. Current guideline PoB for actual play is https://pobb.in/mBzjDdo6rby8 (Comment welcome). Would be kinda nice to replace one of the claws with a shield for easier gearing, but feels like it would also cost quite a bit of dps and high ApS will be good for qol.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I am going to go Jugg some Slam or something. Thinking crit Ice Crash maybe so I can freeze the screen. I am just afraid that managing warcries is going to kill my will to play. I might need to automate some with the autoexert gem.

tritosine2k

Erudite
Went to act6 with SRS scion. In retrospect SRS is too involved until you get fresh meat support.

I'll use a witch mule for second quicksilver and infernal skitterbot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom