Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
oh, boy.

Revenant

Your Path of Exile account has been locked because someone attempted to log in from a location that you don't typically play from - "Shaoxing, Zhejiang, China".

Is this common shit or do I have to be worried that somebody actually knows my passwords to shit? Do they just use some kind of password cracker or have they discovered my personal info.

The thing is I recently had to reactivate my Gmail account for the same reason (although that was from romania which doesnt mean anything)
Change both your Gmail and PoE passwords, immediately. Also, don't use the same password for your email and a MMO.

I use my "weaker" password for PoE, and have also got these "attempted to login from a different location" messages a few times. However, I just reactivated my account and kept the same password :lol: Doesn't seem like my characters were accessed in any way.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
And this is why password protection needs to go the way of the Dodo. It's fine for your treehouse, not for anything that actually matters.

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Oh ffs, was in city of saarn, clicked on the entrance to the saarn encapment, and switched windows, came back later and was dead with it still saying "Entering saarn encampment" or w/e, major rage. At least I got to HC endgame and ran maps and stuff I guess

It is much worse than my 'telephone accident' i guess.

Arkeus

Arcane
Oh dammit, why do i keep dying in Cruel/Merciless to stupid stuff and losing my toons. Latest death: I am in fellshrine, a friend ask me something, i answer him, goes back to the game, dead. Not the first time, and DAMMIT i would really like to get to the endgame one day :-(

empi

Augur
Well if you can afford the 30 exalts or w/e shavronne's wrappings are going for, yeah, it's pretty stupidly OP, should get nerfed soon

And although idk much about your build obviously, i'd remove the 5% spell damage nodes and the 2 uneccesary 6% lightning damage nodes above witch tree, they're pretty bad. Even if you don't want to add survivability getting some cirt chance/multiplier would be better than those nodes. If you want to keep the 6% lightning damage nodes in the templar tree you also have an unnecessary +10 int node. Also +8% mana>3% reduced mana cost of skills.

And get some HP/ES, at least get the 4 body and soul nodes, even for scrubcore ;p. CI isn't really viable until a2 merciless IMO, and before then you'll die a lot with no HP nodes.

Also get inner force cluster, maybe the best cluster on the tree

And you've got all those 6% lightning damage nodes but you don't have the 10% and 8% spell damage nodes at the witch start

And get static blows

LeJosh

Savant
I'm just using Arc with lightning pen. and added lightning right now, using discipline and clarity as auras too.

I've taken away some thing that you suggested, the 6% lightning and got the 8% mana too.

Got 4 passives to use, body and soul looks good. Probably going to get some Templar HP nodes.

Picked up Static Blows for now, defense from here on in.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
I kind of stopped playing this, except occasionally with my brother for some HC co-op. They really need to start adding more content even beyond maps if the game will have life. Can't really put my finger on it, but Diablo & Diablo 2 I played a ton of. Maybe I'm just getting old.

empi

Augur
Eh well they'll add more content to act 3 (later this year iirc?) then add more acts eventually

KoolNoodles

Arcane
That sounds good, just had to put it on the back burner for now. Feel like I've added my two cents to the beta feedback. I still really love the skill system and wish more games would do something like that, but maybe the hack n' slash is not something I can grind out like I used to. Could be loot drops, or something, I'm not sure.

Revenant

After all, one should not hope that the experience of Path of Exile should have the same impact as Diablo II had back in the days, as it was something NEW then. A massive multiplayer grinding roguelike, what could be more awesome? It is completely futile to hope that Path of Exile, even being a very solid modern remake of D2 as it is, would recreate the amazing feeling of playing Diablo II 10 years ago.

However, as I don't play computer games as much as I used to, Path of Exile fills a certain gap in my day when I want to waste a bit of my time, be it 20 minutes or 2 hours, and for that I am thankful.

Gerrard

Arcane
The races are shit too. You need to be literally autistic to enjoy running the same shit over and over again with the same few boring builds that work in low levels.

Revenant

What is the perspective on cutthroat league, though? It is one of the gameplay modes that I look forward to the most.

Stabwound

Arcane
It has nothing to do with being edgy. I agree, races are shit. Adding random things like "now monsters move 2x as fast" doesn't make it any more fun.

I was pretty addicted to this game and got about 100 hours out of it, but I don't even watch to touch it again and haven't in almost a month.

fuzz

Liturgist
Stabwound
If not being edgy, then what?

>I don't even watch to touch it again and haven't in almost a month.
>Adding random things like "now monsters move 2x as fast" doesn't make it any more fun.

How's your crystal ball?
New races bump the difficulty and force you to make a new approach, try'em.

The only difference is that you get even less viable builds.
Nope. New race types twist the game around. You have to adapt your builds to fit the new gameplay. Some underplayed skills get to shine. Take Ice Nova as an example, it's mediocre in vanilla, while on Turbo it gets insane boost because of mobs surrounding you faster.

Revenant

So, have codexers already put PoE to the dust of history, judging by such inactivity of this thread?

I have been thinking recently that unique items are quite overpowered in this game, compared to Diablo II. For instance, in the last few days I found two quite impressive unique items:

XpQFDWT.png

and

pUFlz7P.png

Both items were found during solo play in act 1, the sword was dropped by Brutus and the amulet, I think, came from a common monster. So, I have rolled a duelist and shaped his build to take full advantage of the sword. As I understand, the sword is a prize in the races, so it's supposed to be powerful, but damn it makes the game easy. Basically, all I have to do is spam Leap Slam onto clusters of enemies and they get fucking annihilated mostly on the first hit. I can't remember unique items being so OP in D2 - sure, some of them provided significant advantage for a build but not a single one was as game breaking as PoE uniques tend to be.

Of course, I have no idea if the sword will keep its power later in the game (in all this time I haven't even beaten normal difficulty, lol), so I am curious how things will turn out, unless my duelist will die in the most stupid way as usual and I'll lose both these PRECIOUS items like some pretty cool other uniques I used to have.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom