Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Reinhardt

Arcane
I hate her ascended portrait. Basic scion is much better.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Last change to chilled ground (or similar effects, like that from Cold Snap and Vortex degen chill aoe) was set at 10% slow, unless the source of chilled ground stated otherwise. Used to be 30%. Still affected by chill effectiveness, though.

Mista Reich, gib me some strong league starters for Occultists or Tricksters!

Pretty please!
Both will work well with new Vortex. You just support it with Arctic Breath totem and use new support gem Bonechill. Arctic Breath will leave chilled ground that lets Bonechill apply a debuff on enemy that gives a damage buff to your Vortex.

Occultist if you want to go CI or Low Life, Trickster if you want to go MoM.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Or maybe I should try a Winter Orb cast while channeling Ice spear combo as elementalist or occultist for many icy projectiles!

ArchAngel

Arcane
Or maybe I should try a Winter Orb cast while channeling Ice spear combo as elementalist or occultist for many icy projectiles!
don't forget to link GMP, both skills profit from it. Although I would not use Ice Spear that way. Linking it with spell echo will produce more powerful boss killing weapon.

Gerrard

Arcane
Cs6P2lY.jpg

Joe is back.

T. Reich

Arcane
Last change to chilled ground (or similar effects, like that from Cold Snap and Vortex degen chill aoe) was set at 10% slow, unless the source of chilled ground stated otherwise. Used to be 30%. Still affected by chill effectiveness, though.

Pretty please!

"Just ask Karv" (c) TarkeCat.

I'm starting as Winter orb totem Hiero. If that fails, I'm switching totems to flameblast instead and win.:smug:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Really really tempted to go occultist colder. But I feel the need to wait for PoB to catch up so I can theorycraft.

Zdzisiu

Arcane

Pretty please!

"Just ask Karv" (c) TarkeCat.

I'm starting as Winter orb totem Hiero. If that fails, I'm switching totems to flameblast instead and win.:smug:
I see we watch the same autists!

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Hmmm or maybe the tried and true Fireball Elementalist with ignite action?

Last time I tried it was a couple of leagues ago and it worked quite nice.

I bet it would work even better now with all the new items, affixes, and stuff.

And I kinda liked just carpet bombing everything around.

Perkel

Arcane
For bossing it was. You could reach much higher damage than any spells.

That is the whole point of melee in normal game.

AOE are shit for single target.
Melee is awesome for single target.

By the way, that new "melee" skill Shattering Steel made me remember Get Medieval, where every character would fire projectiles regardless of their weapon.

Reminds me how back when Diablo3 was released half of POE sub was laughing how none of the skills for barbarian and other melee skills used actually weapons. Fast forward 2018 and new melee skills as per usual are just spells masqueraded as melee.

And don't forget that javelins are magic or something instead of you know adding them as dex weapon. Adding polearms as strenght weapon and idk maybe orbs as int weapon.

But that would require actually work...

abija

Prophet
- melee is a different term than single target
- melee shouldn't mean skill executed with a melee weapon but in melee range
- melee isn't an issue to balance if your game isn't designed around killing 1000 mobs in under 1 second
- maybe you mean monk, skills for barb mostly use the weapon
- requires same amount of work, is just a design decision you don't agree with (they care more about how it fits in the existent skills/builds than about making sense, keep in mind, those keywords in tooltip for poe actually mean something)

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Jesus, this league is insane. Just saw the "Craft whatever you one for 10 seconds" thing from syndicate.

Also, we broke 100k concurrents on steam, and it keeps increasing.

Decided to run with the fireball and it plays quite nice, just finished act 2 when the game decided to crash on my for the first time.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
They run into problems that not even "put more servers" helps here. And it kicks me out of queue all the time.

T. Reich

Arcane
Meanwhile, Storm brand is an awesome leveling and potentially endgame pack-clearing skill.

Armageddon Brand is clunky, slow shit with dismal aoe and middling damage.

Winter orb is shit without extra proj; GMP is mandatory.
It's less than impressive with totems so far. But maybe it's gud self-cast. I heard the idea with CWC ice spear, and it sounds pretty gud to try later.

I'm running armag brand elementalist, it's quite clunky indeed, but I wanted to make something around ignite and it fits pretty much perfectly. Aoe feels alright with pendulum of destruction + I got zeel's amplifier while leveling. So it's not too bad in terms of clearing speed, ST is ok as well. Not sure how it will perform come end-game, but I got a few ideas on how to take it there.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Meanwhile, Storm brand is an awesome leveling and potentially endgame pack-clearing skill.
I considered making a storm brander, but the single target damage seemed abysmal, due to the low cap on how many brands you can have attached on a single enemy.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Armageddon Brand is clunky, slow shit with dismal aoe and middling damage.

Winter orb is shit without extra proj; GMP is mandatory.
It's less than impressive with totems so far. But maybe it's gud self-cast. I heard the idea with CWC ice spear, and it sounds pretty gud to try later.
I found WO to be OK on totems. I drop 1-2 next to pack and move on, by the time I exit totem activation range they kill whatever was there.

T. Reich

Arcane
I considered making a storm brander, but the single target damage seemed abysmal, due to the low cap on how many brands you can have attached on a single enemy.

It's absolutely definitely not a single target skill.

I'm using it to clear trash + proc onslaught and arcane surge. Eventually it'll be in a pseudo-6L shaped helmet with extra spell crit and innervate. Will probably slap on culling strike then.
2x arc totems is the main dps.
And then there's pseudo-5L lightning spire trap for that extra single target push when you need it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom