Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
do you guys fully charge highest tier ore? Did it in t3 once, barely won.
I did it once, spawned some unique bone beast who one shot me with every attack (fast too) and who took 0 damage.

Now I never charge past 50%.

tritosine2k

Erudite
They changed delirium... If you have "never dissipates" and go far from mirror it creeps up to 100% . It doesnt work like free perma delirium orb anymore. You can't do >T12 with 5m DPS...
So back to farming orbs for constant 20%. Oh and NEVER hit skittering delirium in harvest reroll w. 3000 lifeforce.

Even diviner delirium was nerfed it used to drop 3-4 stacked cards at once they killed that a good while back. Oh and never got 3 passive aura efficiency mostly garbage clusters. IDK this might be the end for me. I can't stomach bossing and mapping is shit, shader stutter is horrendous, even geforce NOW stutters lol.

Israfael

Arcane
You can thank Zizaran and the other trade normies that started this weird crusade on div cards. Now they drop like 100x less than they did before scarab rework, and they've basically removed all the good ones (good luck, you SSF plebs)

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
This atlas runner thing does not seem very good. A rank 3 and a rank 2 runner vs a t1 unenchanted map and they still have 30% failure rate.

ArchAngel

Arcane
This atlas runner thing does not seem very good. A rank 3 and a rank 2 runner vs a t1 unenchanted map and they still have 30% failure rate.
From all I read it is best to ignore map running until you got gold to spare and no idea what to do with it. Then you buy high level ones and send them to map. Also send more than 1 per map, more you send, more the chance it goes well.

Israfael

Arcane
Not sure if it ever becomes useful, unless you have like a stack of juiced defiled cathedral and the other maps that drop rare div cards (provided that these runners can actually get em), otherwise for trade league currency spamming the farm would probably be more useful (also, i'm not sure if you can actually sustain the fully maxxed out outpost without doing maps yourself 24/7, it does not feel that you get much more gold on red alched maps as compared to the same alched white or yellow maps

ArchAngel

Arcane
Not sure if it ever becomes useful, unless you have like a stack of juiced defiled cathedral and the other maps that drop rare div cards (provided that these runners can actually get em), otherwise for trade league currency spamming the farm would probably be more useful (also, i'm not sure if you can actually sustain the fully maxxed out outpost without doing maps yourself 24/7, it does not feel that you get much more gold on red alched maps as compared to the same alched white or yellow maps
Farms also have limits, you can only get 18 workers on it and ships can also be intercepted. If you can afford both, it is more chances of getting more divines (or better)

tritosine2k

Erudite
defiled cathedral and the other maps that drop rare div cards

:lol: good thing I tried that before this awesomest new league with worse ui than mobile games. There's maybe 1 candidate now and no quant no divination juice. LOL at that "divination of plenty" limited to 1 and going for 1c.

Kinda bathwater moment of poe imho.

Israfael

Arcane
Farms also have limits, you can only get 18 workers on it and ships can also be intercepted. I
Not sure if you've got far with your outpost, mine is mostly lv8-10 with most of workers of level 5 and higher. Currently the daily rates of salaries are upwards of 40k (and I have either no or only two map runners which i don't use at all), so if you upgrade everything and get all workers to the max level it will probably be at least 2-3x higher (especially if you just hire any worker at any price, I don't do that, never going for those who have more than 300 gph). So, you have to farm thousands of hundreds of gold to keep your things running.

I typically get around 10k gold from one t16 map with 80% quality, so I really doubt you can get much more with corruption /T17 etc, which poses the question of how much time you are ready to spend on simply grinding gold (it is actually what makes this not like self-sustaining trade system from SoZ, but a bona fide f2p p2w mobile game) and what sort of things you are ready to pay for (for example, I see benefit in farming and selling the crops for real money, but I'm not sure I'd get anything useful if I put the same amount of gold into map device spam)

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
More monsters multipliers on maps get you some 20k and I still can't keep up since I don't play enough, the auction house also seems rather spare due to gold costs.

Plenty of performance issues that came from leagues before, I heard bosses were crashing people last league and I had to rush talk to oak and get his health to get over act 2 I kept crashing on him. Any mechanic with lots of monster spawning like Blight and Expedition will desync me if I press the attack button for too long, that gameplay seems unnacessible to me and has been for while, buying better gpu doesn't seem to help much from what I read.

ferratilis

Magister
More monsters multipliers on maps get you some 20k and I still can't keep up since I don't play enough, the auction house also seems rather spare due to gold costs.

Plenty of performance issues that came from leagues before, I heard bosses were crashing people last league and I had to rush talk to oak and get his health to get over act 2 I kept crashing on him. Any mechanic with lots of monster spawning like Blight and Expedition will desync me if I press the attack button for too long, that gameplay seems unnacessible to me and has been for while, buying better gpu doesn't seem to help much from what I read.
Not a single crash so far. Try using DX12, it reduced GPU usage a lot on my setup, and looks smoother overall.

Reever

Scholar
Patron

the oak crash was fixed pretty fast iirc. I had a different problem this patch where lioneye's watch absolutely destroying my PC. I was getting around 20 fps. Switching renders helped enormously.

tritosine2k

Erudite
it's "shader stutter", toggle it with F1, you'll see green pegged constantly because spawns, MTX etc. The weaker cpu the worse. You can even make geforce NOW stutter though so anyway. The way this game "works", spawning enemies out of nowhere ( can't precompile beforehand), is recipe for stutter it's unfixable and catastrophic. You can't even precompile this so it stutters on consoles afaict. LOL. Slow gameplay will fix it and it's sort of a necessity.

ferratilis

Magister
I wish we could disable MTX from other players in town. There is one where they activate some effect on screen that makes my CPU spike up to 100%, and it's annoying af. There's also one with that singing goblin or whatever. But I understand why they do it, if you see other cool kids using MTX, you might open your wallet to join the cool kids table. Human psychology, at the detriment of players who don't care about any of that shit.

abija

Prophet
it's "shader stutter", toggle it with F1, you'll see green pegged constantly because spawns, MTX etc. The weaker cpu the worse.
It's everything actually. Drive, cpu, gpu. They all need to be way more powerfull than the game actually needs just to lessen this issue.

abija

Prophet
A lot higher textures which have small benefit with that camera. Plus glow that you can't turn completely off because apparently is tight coupled with other rendering systems (their explanation at least).

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
it was too easy to get instagibbed by enemy packs since you have to cast skeletons and dark pact before any damage happens.
thinking about it, it pretty similar to ed+contagion.
Except you can send skeletons like a probe while contagion needs proper placement once enemies are already on the screen. Then you are locked to continuous casting in place, while ed you fire once and hope for the best while running around

ArchAngel

Arcane
it's "shader stutter", toggle it with F1, you'll see green pegged constantly because spawns, MTX etc. The weaker cpu the worse.
It's everything actually. Drive, cpu, gpu. They all need to be way more powerfull than the game actually needs just to lessen this issue.
After the big patch this season it works awesome on my Xbox series X and that is few years old hardware now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom