Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

TedNugent

Arcane
Wow, I was just looking at the mythic armor feats.

How does strength increase armor class exactly?

Me big number go up make other number go down. Ooga boog.

How the fuck does it replace dex modifier?

volklore

Arcane

Owlcat low effort way of giving players what they asked for.
TTT, I think, solved the armor mythics issue a lot more elegantly (there 1 mythic ability that increases dex mod for armor scaling with mythic ranks and 1 mythic ability increasing the armor bonus of worn armor scaling with mythic rank) on top of implementing a lot of missing fighter class features.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

They even added in mythic armour abilities/feats in Wrath and still didn't fix the problem because they are almost all garbage
The heavy armor avoidance one is extremely good seeing how insanely high you can stack strength, and you get the whole extra AC right of the bat rather than scaling with mythic ranks.
I just hate the fact it's making mutation warrior into a tank when it's supposed to be an archetype that gives up defense (armor training) for more dmg and a static ac buff from mutagen compounded by the fact owlcat implementation of fighter is horrendously incomplete - no advanced armor training, missing a lot of advanced weapon training etc...)
There's more there than meets the eye. Advanced Weapon Training was implemented with last P:K DLC.

Mut Warrior has always been highly overrated. Hangover from the Vivi hype and Mut gets the Vivi stuff on a heavy delay.

Standard free Dazzling + Bloodline on Scion, TSS, and even Aldori are just more interesting.
Yes Advanced weapon training was added but you very partially (advanced armor training feats are just entirely missing)

1) you can only pick an advanced training option when you reach weapon training +2 (instead of picking a second group) but you should also be able to pick them as regular feats from the moment you reach +1 training bonus with a limitation of 1 advanced training feat per 1 point of weapon training bonus you unlocked.
2) There's a lot of missing options in there including a replica of warpriest sacred weapon applying to your trained weapons as well as weapon enchants (with a small resource pool that scales with weapon training but still a great option to spike on a fighter)

Advanced armor and weapon training are basically additional scaling class features you can pick and chose, and a lot of them are missing which I think hurt fighter quite a lot compared to more properly implemented classes.

TTT/CotW fix all this of course.
The ones you can get are the ones I wanted anyway, particularly Fighter’s Tactics. The Advanced Armor ones are underwhelming.

Desiderius

Patron

Takes strength to move adroitly in Heavy Armor. Moving adroitly makes one harder to hit accurately, which is what is required to penetrate Heavy Armor.

Stop trying to be edgy where it isn’t warranted.

Desiderius

Patron

Owlcat low effort way of giving players what they asked for.
TTT, I think, solved the armor mythics issue a lot more elegantly (there 1 mythic ability that increases dex mod for armor scaling with mythic ranks and 1 mythic ability increasing the armor bonus of worn armor scaling with mythic rank) on top of implementing a lot of missing fighter class features.
Those were nice, but I like several of the new ones too. Boosting Reflex saves in conjunction with Evasion effects is always welcome for instance, and Icy Prison/Grease is also Reflex.

TedNugent

Arcane

Takes strength to move adroitly in Heavy Armor. Moving adroitly makes one harder to hit accurately, which is what is required to penetrate Heavy Armor.

Stop trying to be edgy where it isn’t warranted.
I'd think there would be a delta on that, no?

Heavy armor in game is plate, plate is in actuality no heavier than a hauberk plus gear, which is in turn no heavier than the kit of a legionnaire or a modern soldier with plate carriers. A plate harness actually distributes the weight better over the body due to an abundance of straps, whereas chain is more flexible with only one strap (belt).

Strength isn't really the factor, most women and seedlings can stand while wearing 60 pounds, walking effectively is part strength but primarily endurance/stamina/conditioning, but I realize that D&D stat sheet doesnt have that granularity.

Now if you were wearing fat suits from Dark Souls, that would maybe make more sense.

In that case, why not make encumbrance ratio affect AC linearly?

Anyway, it's a very "gamey" mechanic but I'll take your point not to scratch at it even if it's silly.

I went with a two handed fighter, all the 4 cleave skills, glavie with reach, routinely hit 5 mobs a round. So figting trash mobs is quite fun actually. Supported with bard and priest helps with hits. Heroism, bless, prayer, good hope etc etc. I have Valerie as heavy shield tank and then I basically can take who I want even if the goblin is the best dps machine, but I like the ranger as well, was good on lower levels.

Does enlarge person work with reach? Could I hit even more mobs if I take the potion in fights?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Does enlarge person work with reach? Could I hit even more mobs if I take the potion in fights?
Sure does! Legendary Proportions is even better!

With multiple size increases and a reach weapon you can practically be a ranged character
Not quite in Kingmaker. In Wrath however... Over 30 ft melee reach should be possible AFAIR!

With multiple size increases and a reach weapon you can practically be a ranged character

I think Haplo has some pictures/videos kicking around itt where his engagement circle is basically the entire screen. :lol:

Afraid not, my reach in Kingmaker was pretty humble (would be a bit more with a reach weapon) ...I think you remeber the videos from Wrath (even though I didn't come close to maximizing attack reach there) :lol:
vGgTeB6.png

Beans00

Augur

There should be no waiting around if you’re doing KM right. If you’re getting the most out of it you’d kill for more time.

I beat kingmaker in 87 hours(this is like 8 months later lol) and probably 50 of those hours were me being bored waiting around, or doing the shitty kingdom management.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom