Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Cheers for all the answers.

the game generally gently nudges you into fully exploring one main area (you can see them on big map, like narlmarches, silverstep lake etc.) then rank up; then quests take you to next one.

Yes, that's what (I think) I did last time, but I was not very happy with the speed I was ranking up with. It was a bit slow, I got the masterpieces late, and I didn't reach top rank for everything at the end.

Of course, I was a complete noob, but still.

Yeah, I wouldn’t do anything but rank up unless I’ve got a good reason. After forty the time gets cut in half.

Desiderius

Patron
C'mon, Seari, you're a cipher not a nuker. Bards are the ciphers in this game.

Desiderius

Patron
you both suck at naming your test characters though.

damn desiderius post the tristan melee dps build to shut him!
tbh I wouldn't call stacking everything on a char to do melee a build. it's just competent party play. I did same with Harrim in various ways (because I love dwarfs) but it doesn't make him an ideal character to make a melee dude out still.

I also always liked how he doesn't take 20 on casting stat on his casters; which is a mystery to me. Guess same reasons why he things Octavia is bad cause she has bad CON; and for me if she had 1 unmodified hitpoint, it wouldn't change anything in my play.

Well I mean you (mostly) need a Cleric, so the question is what to do with them and it turns out they have powerful snowballing self-buffs for melee, culminating in the tremendous Frightful Aspect that no one else gets. Believe it or not, on the pics I've posted that's not everything. There's plenty more I could stack. What he's got is just the routine stuff.

Octavia's CON can be a problem for traveling (fast fatigue). By the time I add her I've got the big CON belt from Barrow to take care of that. He uses 19 because he's autistic and you get 5 opportunities to boost it during level ups. I usually start with 18 because those last two cost a lot of pts and I like more well-rounded characters.

Naming a character I'm going to be playing for an hour is a low priority. That said, Bashful for a shield bash test-build is a good name.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
What do you mean noone else gets Frightful Aspect? Mages and druids do.

Desiderius

Patron
What do you mean noone else gets Frightful Aspect? Mages and druids do.

Lol. Even I don’t melee with Mages (need ranged feats for rays). But yeah, Druids, should have said Divine casters. Haven’t played a Druid that far yet.

What I meant was that Magi/Inquisitors/Vivis don’t.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Fatigue for Octavia is like -1 to skills and ar for rays, so unless she just crawls all you really suffer is just usual marriage stuff

Aspect is 30 ft aura. it is quite easy to get it where you need to.

He uses 19 because he's autistic and you get 5 opportunities to boost it during level ups
well for all the idea of "least suffer" not having max DC early seems counter intuitive. There are less ways of buffing your DC than say AR or constitution.
basically it is easier to buff people to the point of auto hitting than easily overcoming every saving throw in the game at all stages of the game.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
uOoFE3N.png

Oh shit son!

Race restricted items ?! Customs Stats ?! Custom GFX ?!
Hire a writer dear god

Yosharian

Arcane
I'd love to approach it like this. However there are 3 problems :
1. If you're not a Magus (or paladin?), you can't put keen on your weapon and most good arms don't come with that property. That's a double PITA in Kingmaker, as you're halving not only the number of crits your character can make, but also number of Opportunities for bonus attacks with teamwork feats like Outflank and Seize the Moment.
Damn if only there was a mod which fixed this

oh well

Desiderius

Patron
Fatigue for Octavia is like -1 to skills and ar for rays, so unless she just crawls all you really suffer is just usual marriage stuff

Aspect is 30 ft aura. it is quite easy to get it where you need to.

30 ft. can be a little dicey as I've learned with Archon's, but I'm thinking more of stacking STR/Armor/reach/oversizing weapon.

There are less ways of buffing your DC than say AR or constitution.
basically it is easier to buff people to the point of auto hitting than easily overcoming every saving throw in the game at all stages of the game.

So so this.

He's also recommending Vivi 2 splash for Cognatogen and acting like I'm stupid for not buying it. He's all over the place.

John Keel

Savant
EJtN3h3.png

What's that?! Bard Instruments? In Quickslot ?!

Hell yeah my fellow codexian, I do declare that I'm porting most of nwn2 items into PF:KM

Shadenuat

Arcane
He's also recommending Vivi 2 splash for Cognatogen and acting like I'm stupid for not buying it. He's all over the place.
it only makes sense at the very end game, but tbh, in current stage of +stat items game gives you, you overcome endgame enemy saves anyway.
no reason to ruin your beautiful caster class with that degenerate garbage, neither extra dc or sneak will in principle change anything.

John Keel

Savant
Also, straight from Spacehamster, chances for items @ artisans are fixed, there's no other weight/duplicate check or anything going on.

Desiderius

Patron
it only makes sense at the very end game, but tbh, in current stage of +stat items game gives you, you overcome endgame enemy saves anyway.
no reason to ruin your beautiful caster class with that degenerate garbage, neither extra dc or sneak will in principle change anything.

How do you get Cleric DCs that high?

Yosharian

Arcane
What a shame that the artisans cannot prevent me from loading up Bag of Tricks and deciding for myself which item I'll receive

go fuck yourself RNG

John Keel

Savant
What a shame that the artisans cannot prevent me from loading up Bag of Tricks and deciding for myself which item I'll receive

go fuck yourself RNG
Yeah, it should at least give all items of a tier before duplicates ... I think it's easily fixable by mods, not by me tho

John Keel

Savant
Yay / Nay ?

I like the concept a lot tbh, it's for BTSL obviously but still !
Note that the reanimated creature gains Undead features if it's not one already, I shall add it to the description

PDmSU1X.png

John Keel

Savant
What do you mean @ monster, the feature creep ?!

Yes I do, except noone but Pink Eye participate in it so I bounce idea/fling shit here.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Last edited by a moderator:

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Yay / Nay ?

I like the concept a lot tbh, it's for BTSL obviously but still !
Note that the reanimated creature gains Undead features if it's not one already, I shall add it to the description

PDmSU1X.png
Did you add this feat, or is that from an item? Is this from the tabletop?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom