Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

kelkorkesis

Novice
You get Jubilost in Act 2.

Erebus

Arcane
Do you get an Alchemist companion down the line?

You can get one near the beginning of Act 2, but you need to go to a specific place to get him.

He's at a ford, but I think you won't find him if you go there before Troll Troubles begins.

My PC is a Grenadier (pretty much the same as a basic Alchemist, except better), and the class really is pretty fun. It can do many different things, and can be a lifesaver against enemies with very high AC.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Blind-Fight ftw

Blind Fight can protect you against gaze attacks ? I only gave that feat to my melee fighters, as it seemed fairly useless to others.
It's all in my Steam thing in my sig

basically Blind-Fight simulates the PC closing their eyes to avoid 'seeing' the Gaze attack
Improved Blind Fight is better. Improved Blind Fight applies to ranged damage dealers. Where else Blind Fight only applies to melee. Not good against Wild Hunt. As Wild Hunt mobs have archers.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
I need spoilers for Jaethal's quest. This is a hard one, though:
If I kill Tristian, does that mean that I can take the evil options in Jaethal's quest and still have her in the party forever?

Yep. I didn't kill Tristian... but I didn't finish his quest anyway. And he was killed by Jaetaifu with ther SUPA UNDEAD POWAH. So I am nearly sure it's gonna be the same.

...Nyrissa ressing Tristan to kill Jaethal? That would be retarded. I am actually curious what's gonna happen with Tristan dead let us know.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
There are certain conditions in regards to Jaethal vs Tristian. If you did both of their quests, and completed them to the end. Then Tristian will always win against Jaethal. If you completed Jaethal's quest, but didn't complete Tristian's quest, then Jaethal will win. If you redeemed Jaethal, then Tristian wouldn't kill her, but that one requires a list of other conditions to meet. If you completed Tristian's quest, but not Jaethal, then Jaethal will win. If you killed Tristian, then Jaethal will win.

Delterius

Arcane
There are certain conditions in regards to Jaethal vs Tristian. If you did both of their quests, and completed them to the end. Then Tristian will always win against Jaethal. If you completed Jaethal's quest, but didn't complete Tristian's quest, then Jaethal will win. If you redeemed Jaethal, then Tristian wouldn't kill her, but that one requires a list of other conditions to meet. If you completed Tristian's quest, but not Jaethal, then Jaethal will win. If you killed Tristian, then Jaethal will win.
90000 hours of play indeed

Yosharian

Arcane
Blind-Fight ftw

Blind Fight can protect you against gaze attacks ? I only gave that feat to my melee fighters, as it seemed fairly useless to others.

basically Blind-Fight simulates the PC closing their eyes to avoid 'seeing' the Gaze attack
Improved Blind Fight is better. Improved Blind Fight applies to ranged damage dealers. Where else Blind Fight only applies to melee. Not good against Wild Hunt. As Wild Hunt mobs have archers.
When you say ranged, are we talking about a limited range for the Gaze immunity?

Trashos

Arcane
If you killed Tristian, then Jaethal will win.

So I take it that with Tristian dead I can align Jaethal with her evil religion and not lose her at any point during the playthrough? She is my tank, and I am a bit insecure about it.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Blind-Fight ftw

When you say ranged, are we talking about a limited range for the Gaze immunity?
I am speaking more on this part:
>If you successfully pinpoint an invisible or hidden attacker within 30 feet, that attacker gets no advantages related to hitting you with ranged attacks. That is, you don’t lose your Dexterity bonus to Armor Class, and the attacker doesn’t get the usual +2 bonus for being invisible

Source: https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/improved-blind-fight-combat/

There is also Greater Blind Fight, but it's not worth the 3 feat investment, even on a fighter.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
If you killed Tristian, then Jaethal will win.

So I take it that with Tristian dead I can align Jaethal with her evil religion and not lose her at any point during the playthrough? She is my tank, and I am a bit insecure about it.
>So I take it that with Tristian dead I can align Jaethal with her evil religion and not lose her at any point during the playthrough?
There shouldn't be any conflicts. One of the conditions of Tristian winning that fight, is if he's redeemed by his god, and gets that special power of his.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
Blind-Fight ftw

>If you successfully pinpoint an invisible or hidden attacker within 30 feet, that attacker gets no advantages related to hitting you with ranged attacks. That is, you don’t lose your Dexterity bonus to Armor Class, and the attacker doesn’t get the usual +2 bonus for being invisible

Source: https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/improved-blind-fight-combat/

There is also Greater Blind Fight, but it's not worth the 3 feat investment, even on a fighter.
What. We were discussing the gaze immunity aspect of Blind-Fight. Not the 're-roll misses' aspect.

Vorark

Erudite
GkSmmmo.jpg

:hmmm:

Waited 1+ year to play thinking most egregious bugs were dealt with -> goes in blind -> end up with a bugged class. Great.

Potential fix to be released "really soon".

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Blind-Fight ftw

What. We were discussing the gaze immunity aspect of Blind-Fight. Not the 're-roll misses' aspect.
Okay. My bad. I should have reread that.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Fuck, this game is a bitch on hard. I feel like this gimped ass Paladin is just not meant to be played on hard. Got to my fucking nightmare. A fucking Kobold alchemist that just AoE nukes the fuck out of you. Difficult as fuck to get close to him with Amiri. She dies like instantly even with a potion of enlargement. If she gets one hit off, 99% chance it's a miss, and if she miraculously hits him, it will still take another hit to put him down. Valerie can take maybe two hits of his nuke before she dies.

By the way, Valerie is a great tank. I feel like Amiri and Valerie are the only two worth a damn on my team. Everyone else just seems to suck ass, especially my main character. I feel like everything will be better when I get that shield wall feat, but damn, I'm eating through potions like crazy. I spent all my money on cure light wounds and potions of enlargement. I think I'm going to take this back down to challenging, if it's even feasible with all the money I've been draining anymore. We'll see how it goes. I'm going to spam sleep and see where it takes me.

Finally got lucky. Got a lucky crit before he could cast shield on himself. Had Valerie tie up one of the Kobold soldiers so Amiri, enlarged, could charge the alchemist. Did it several times before I got lucky, though. Was kind of cool seeing tactics and everything. The only thing I don't like is missing so damn much.

Last edited:

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Hehehe. At least your Valerie doesn't get a random crit to the face :D
I3hOMTz.jpg
114 damage!? WTF, dude was trying to hit a dragon or some shit!? Did Valerie get chunked :lol:? Anyways, it gets worse inside the cave. 2 fighters, 3 archers, and a Kobold mage that spams magic missile constantly. Got a sleep spell off that put all three to sleep, but everyone just missed all over the place. Made the lucky spell completely worthless in the end.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Okay, I caved and turned it down to challenging. I think this is the best mixture for someone like me that wants to roleplay, not min-max, and preserve a challenge. The enemy is now missing as much as me :).

By the way, holy shit, the first dungeon and cave have far too many encounters and trash mobs. I would've been pulling my hair. The encounters don't fucking stop.

Hard would be a lot better if they made the maps a lot smaller or populated it with far less enemies. I'd be resting constantly, and probably getting very close to the end of the time limit. IDK why they put a stupid time limit by the way. It was retarded and not explained whatsoever why they put it. I might've missed it, but I didn't see an explanation.

I'm exploring more of the dungeon with all the Kobolds, and I'm running into gigantic spiders and a constant barrage of kobold shaman+alchemist mix. I now know why everyone emphasizes min-maxing when I'm reading up on builds. Hard and unfair are definitely more for optimized builds rather than trying to roleplay characters. Fun ass game, though.

I'm actually enjoying the combat a lot more than Pillars. The only thing I hate is that flanking only means two people fighting one person. I liked Pillars' flanking a lot better. I miss having to maneuver my character around someone.

I'm falling in love with Amiri. Bitch is a fucking monster running around on the battlefield charging mages and shit. Too bad you can't make her a waifu :lol:.

Last edited:

Trashos

Arcane
IDK why they put a stupid time limit by the way. It was retarded and not explained whatsoever why they put it. I might've missed it, but I didn't see an explanation.

The kingdom management aspect would not make sense without the time limits. Also, for some people the vancian system does not make sense without time limits, although I tend to disagree on this.

Hard would be a lot better if they made the maps a lot smaller or populated it with far less enemies.

The game rolls much faster when you are experienced with it and know what to expect. But right, you are not supposed to be playing on Hard before you know the game well enough. I am going Hard on my next (3rd in a row) playthrough. First two have been [Challenging, normal enemies] and [full Challenging].

'm falling in love with Amiri. Bitch is a fucking monster running around on the battlefield charging mages and shit. Too bad you can't make her a waifu :lol:.

I doubt she is into men. Anyhow, you would have to fight over her with Linzi.

Trashos

Arcane
Btw, whoever warned me that Linzi would suck as a Curator was right. Next playthrough she is out of the government. My current government is:

Regent: Val
Councilor: Shandra
General: Regongar
Priest: Harrim
Treasurer: Jubilost
Diplomat: Bartholomew
Curator: Linzi (to be replaced in next playthrough with Storyteller)
Warden: Ekun
Magister: Octavia
Minister: Jaethal

I am happy with Jubilost, Regongar, Valerie, Shandra, Ekun (he sucked as a Minister, though), Bart, and Jaethal.

Harrim and Octavia are merely passable, since I am lawful myself. Linzi downright sucks from a role-playing perspective, even though she has great Charisma.

Last playthrough, I had tried Jhod Kevken as a High Priest and the Storyteller as Curator, and they were both great. But non-companions need training which gets on my nerves, so I tried replacing them this time. Needless to say, the Storyteller is coming back. Linzi sucked as a Diplomat, and now she sucks as a Curator. She is just an immature kid.

Ekun sucked as a Minister, but he is pretty good as a Warden. I should have expected this, since he is Lawful Good.

Last time I also tried Kesten as a warden, and he was excellent. Non-companion though, so he was replaced.

Last edited:

Trashos

Arcane
Trashos who did you get at the baron coronation event? Lander?

Shandra, the Surtova envoy. She is great as long as you do not mind her trickle down economics. Naturally,

she leaves before the second coronation, and only comes back if you align with the Surtovas.

Wait, what? She is a terrible Diplomat but compared to Storyteller Linzi is genius Curator. Storyteller just makes artists starve and they fail in the end.

Linzi's whole strategy as a Curator is to have me give money to the artists. Even after declining over and over, she still comes back later and asks for money for the same fucking artist I have already declined. She got angry when I refused too. She is insufferable.

The Curator at least did not hurt the treasury.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom