Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I never played Starcraft, but is it a RTS game?
It is. i have no idea how to implement precise spatial control with a controller considering high speed of Starcraft play.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I never played Starcraft, but is it a RTS game?
It is. i have no idea how to implement precise spatial control with a controller considering high speed of Starcraft play.
You ever play Warzone 2100 on the Playstation? I barely remember it, but it's an RTS game. I had a lot of fun. That is the first and only RTS game I've ever played on a console.

Erikkolai

Learned
Aborted my 2nd run. I started out as LE but it just didn't feel right. LE-options are often just unnecessarily rude, and I started drifting to LN (which my 1st run was based on). I also ended up with too much overlap between advisors and companions from my 1st run (since I was still playing a "law & order" type, and didn't want to go full diabolical evil).

Restarting as a CN character now. Decided to base him on the amoral witcher Gaetan from TW3 (basically the same as Berengar from TW1). I'll play him as a ruthless bounty hunter type, and govern loosely based on the River Freedoms.

I figure I'll make him a Slayer (19) Vivisectionist (1), Strength-based with the Menacing combat style. Usually don't like "dipping into" other classes, but in this case it suits the character concept (Mutagens).

Disliked many of the companions from my 1st run (Linzi, Ekundayo, Valerie, Tristian). Really looking forward to using Jubilost :hug:, Jaethal, Regongar, and possibly Nok-Nok. Will build Jaethal as a tank this time, so I won't have to deal with Valerie again or hire a merc.

This game...

:love:

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
Disliked many of the companions from my 1st run (Linzi, Ekundayo, Valerie, Tristian). Really looking forward to using Jubilost :hug:, Jaethal, Regongar, and possibly Nok-Nok. Will build Jaethal as a tank this time, so I won't have to deal with Valerie again or hire a merc.
:hug:

Erikkolai

Learned
Disliked many of the companions from my 1st run (Linzi, Ekundayo, Valerie, Tristian).
You spelled "(Octavia, Octavia, Octavia, Octavia)" wrong

Well, since I won't be playing a mage on my 2nd run I still need her, and I didn't want to demoralize myself. But yeah, she's annoying mostly for the same reason Linzi is annoying (naive bleeding heart type) and especially due to some of her voice lines ("but they just RUIN THE HAIR!").

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Disliked many of the companions from my 1st run (Linzi, Ekundayo, Valerie, Tristian).
You spelled "(Octavia, Octavia, Octavia, Octavia)" wrong

Well, since I won't be playing a mage on my 2nd run I still need her, and I didn't want to demoralize myself. But yeah, she's annoying mostly for the same reason Linzi is annoying (naive bleeding heart type) and especially due to some of her voice lines ("but they just RUIN THE HAIR!").
I understand how Linzi could annoy people, on paper she annoys me too but in practice I found her bubbly optimism quite charming.
Octavia's just a basic ho and lacks the same charm.

Erikkolai

Learned
I'm contemplating getting the respec mod, and respeccing Jubilost as a wizard. That way I could add another new companion, instead of reusing Octavia.

Jubilost didn't fit into my 1st run party, but I did have him on my council and completed his companion quests. As far as I remember, there weren't any references to him being an alchemist, and I don't remember anything that might conflict with him being a wizard.

Am I wrong? Would there be anything jarring about Jubilost as a wizard (in terms of story/RP)? He definitely has the intelligence and attitude for it.

Yosharian

Arcane
I'm contemplating getting the respec mod, and respeccing Jubilost as a wizard. That way I could add another new companion, instead of reusing Octavia.

Jubilost didn't fit into my 1st run party, but I did have him on my council and completed his companion quests. As far as I remember, there weren't any references to him being an alchemist, and I don't remember anything that might conflict with him being a wizard.

Am I wrong? Would there be anything jarring about Jubilost as a wizard (in terms of story/RP)? He definitely has the intelligence and attitude for it.
No, I don't think it will be too jarring. Might be the odd reference somewhere, but nothing too bad

Erikkolai

Learned
Thanks. I figure I'll go with the racist approach and make him an illusionist (staying true to the gnome stereotype). There's better arcane schools, but this feels right.

The more I think of Jubilost as an illusionist, the more I like it. Alchemists are no doubt powerful, but having a pure arcane caster who isn't a ho seems more essential.

Yosharian

Arcane
Yeah Alchemist is especially good if you abuse that powerful NA bonus.

That said Grenadier is exceptionally powerful, if short-lived

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/640820/view/2734200255920844195

Update 2.1.0f for Pathfinder: Kingmaker Beta Test.
Please be aware of plot spoilers in the description below!

Areas

• In some cases, exiting to the global map could result in exiting to the main menu. Resolution: fixed.
  • White squares were displayed under the dwarf’s dead body in Tranquil River Bend. Resolution: fixed.
  • Fixed the issues with the characters’ movement on the bridge in the Old Sycamore Caves.
  • In Troll Wilderness (trolls’ liar), the area available for movement has been expanded.

Classes & Mechanics

• Fixed the abilities that suggested choosing a spell (New Arcana for the sage sorcerer, Fey Magic for the feyspeaker druid) upon leveling up.
  • Wild Shape could change the visual appearance of the character’s weapon size. Resolution: fixed.
  • The game could sometimes freeze when you hovered over an enemy if the character had a charged Touch spell or a ranged attack and the character was standing far away from the target. Resolution: fixed.
  • The game could freeze during the character’s turn if an AoE spell was used immediately after moving the cursor or the camera.
  • In turn-based mode, you could interact with the action bar during the character’s action. This resulted in issues with the turn prediction. Resolution: fixed. Now the action bar is hidden during the character’s action.
  • When you delayed a character’s turn, the next character could sometimes lose some actions.
  • If an NPC wasn’t supposed to be killed at once according to the story, they sometimes fully restored their health. Resolution: fixed.

User Interfaces

• It was impossible to choose a portrait when creating a mercenary. Resolution: fixed.
  • The constructed buildings were displayed incorrectly in the Building window. Resolution: fixed.
  • Fixed the lighting error that occurred when exiting to the main menu.
  • Fixed the issue when sometimes loot was not displayed in the Loot window.
  • Fixed the issue when tags were displayed in the tooltips.
  • Statuses displayed on the character’s portrait sometimes failed to update. Resolution: fixed.
  • When loading a saved game, you could sometimes see a warning that settings of the kingdom managed in the Auto mode couldn’t be changed. Resolution: fixed.

Miscellaneous

• If Kalikke or Kanerah is dead in the saved game, she will be replaced with Kanerah / Kalikke upon loading the saved game (if the other sister is alive).
  • The "Only active companions receive experience" setting could be reset when starting a new Beneath the Stolen Lands campaign. Resolution: fixed.
  • DLC3: an option to hire mercenaries is now displayed in the dialogue with Xelliren even if there’s not enough money for hiring.
  • DLC3: fixed the issue with the campfire, which is now dropped by monsters correctly.
  • Voice barks were not played after the respec and hiring companions. Resolution: fixed.
  • In turn-based mode, the camera now spends less time focusing on a character that won’t take action.
  • Fixed the issue with pointing the camera at the character when the turn was passed to the next character.

A friendly reminder: while we deeply admire the contribution that mod authors make to our game, we would like you to remember that running custom modifications can lead to unexpected bugs and crashes. Unfortunately, if you encounter any issues while playing with mods, our team will not be able to help you. If this happens, please report these issues to the mod's original creator. Also, remember that after each game update, there is a high probability of previously installed mods not functioning properly. If you wish to play with mods anyway, disabling auto-updates might prevent your save files from becoming corrupted.

Delterius

Arcane
What the fuck is wrong with Lightning Bolt, its going extremely out of its way to hit just my party members lmao (not beta).

Fuck Acid Spray does the same thing.

Aborted my 2nd run. I started out as LE but it just didn't feel right. LE-options are often just unnecessarily rude, and I started drifting to LN (which my 1st run was based on). I also ended up with too much overlap between advisors and companions from my 1st run (since I was still playing a "law & order" type, and didn't want to go full diabolical evil).

Restarting as a CN character now. Decided to base him on the amoral witcher Gaetan from TW3 (basically the same as Berengar from TW1). I'll play him as a ruthless bounty hunter type, and govern loosely based on the River Freedoms.

I figure I'll make him a Slayer (19) Vivisectionist (1), Strength-based with the Menacing combat style. Usually don't like "dipping into" other classes, but in this case it suits the character concept (Mutagens).

This game...

:love:

Starting my second run now. I know how you feel. First run was CN Arcane Trickster, but quickly drifted LN as the CN choices were amusing, but as sensible. My new LG game feels like it will go the opposite way. My first party was kind of what you're going for now. Harrim, Jaethal, Jubilost, Twins, Nok-Nok. I originally wanted to have Regonogar in there instead of the twins, but he was obnoxiously gay. I can't say that I care for Harrim in the least, and Jaethal has been a disappointment. Awesome advisor--but just a bored edgy teenager while adventuring. It's almost like the person who wrote her kingdom/advisor dialogues was a different (more talented) person. The undead status was actually more of a hindrance than a benefit most of the game. The Twins, Jubilost, and Nok-Nok were all good though.

My 2nd LG playthrough will be the more "conventional" party of Linzi, Valerie, Tristian, Ekundayo, and Octavia. If I can't tolerate Octavia, will go with Jubilost. Arcane spell casters are not necessary in PFKM. Melee is pretty supreme here.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom