Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Shadenuat

Arcane
The one that stops you entering the portal in the elk temple
It's not as much as a game breaking bug but has something to do with optimization and loading new world area, since you get teleported around the world map.

It loaded for me after 5-10 minutes or so, some report up to 20 minutes loading.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
There was a missed opportunity here for Owlcat to write the first explicitly asexual romance in a RPG.

The romance with Visas Marr is pretty asexual, in the sense that you don't consummate it or even bring it up (Kreia notwithstanding). Coincidentally, it's one of the best romances because there is an actual connection and shared experiences that bring you closer together. Unless you mean a romance where it's stated from the beginning that sex isn't going to work.

RegionalHobo

Scholar
so did you guys spare the kobolds or the trolls? it was easy killing the trolls, too much of a liability and they did attack first, but i sympathized with tartuccio and the kobolds emergent culture. guess he does deserve his 20 cha after all. in the end thou i killed everyone with the exception of the artist.

sebas

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
So, other than POPE Mole's glorious (as always) funbuilding, any other place to get some cool build ideas?

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
lhtwOej.png

Alrighty then!

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Steam should forbid negative reviews such as these.
If you keep coming back and play something for 73 hours and then give it a bad review, you're a fan but don't realize it.

gaaPTgg.png
I don't know, since the game can't currently be completed (something you do have to play a long time to find out) that review seems fair. Especially since he says that, if patched, the review will switch to positive.

Absinthe

Arcane
Well, to name a few examples off the top of my head:

• Eldritch Scion Magus archetype doesn't use Bloodrager bloodlines, but Sorcerer ones, which completely changes the way it is built
Yeah that's a departure alright, although it still works because Sorcerers have some ridiculous bloodlines that give bonuses much more relevant for fighting than spellcasting.

• some feats such as Crane Style, Slashing Grace, aren't supposed to work with Magus, but apparently they do in this game, which is very confusing
Crane Style should work, to my knowledge. Slashing Grace's wording is just weak enough that I could see the devs not realizing that spell combat counts as the off-hand being "otherwise occupied." I guess they interpreted "otherwise occupied" as strictly meaning "holding shit."

• Rogue, and possibly some other classes, are using Unchained rules, for some reason, which is confusing since it isn't explained anywhere AFAIK
To be fair, Unchained Rogue is a strictly better Rogue, and the Rogue is fucking dogshit unless you play Eldritch Scoundrel which is a lot of Wizard. But if you want to be part-Wizard you should consider playing an Arcane Trickster instead.

Increased DR rage power stacking with Invulnerable Rager DR is another one. They don't stack in the P&P.
They do, even in PnP. Read the text: "The barbarian's damage reduction increases by 1/—." The Barbarian increased DR rage power is very clearly described as increasing your existing DR by 1 for each time you take it. It is not written as "You gain DR 1/— and this increases by 1 every additional time you take it" which is apparently how your group interpreted it. It always increases your preexisting DR.

Last edited:

Sharpedge

Prophet
So I just reached level 9 and I am struggling to resist the urge to start over again. It would be my 6th restart, but the desire to build around items I have discovered, combined with the fact that I keep thinking of new ideas for how I could make my character, are proving incredibly difficult to resist. I will try to endure until I have at least finished the game once. I am really enjoying the experience so far, fights like the Stag Lord and that massive snake in the cave (can't remember its name) have, for the first time in a long time in games, made me stop and think for a bit. I have a very strong desire to murder the bard however, she is very irritating.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The one that stops you entering the portal in the elk temple
It's not as much as a game breaking bug but has something to do with optimization and loading new world area, since you get teleported around the world map.

It loaded for me after 5-10 minutes or so, some report up to 20 minutes loading.
Soooo it is possible to load then?

Vatnik Wumao
So I just reached level 9 and I am struggling to resist the urge to start over again. It would be my 6th restart, but the desire to build around items I have discovered [...]
Speaking of, any fancy heavy armors and helmets except the Paladin armor found within the Troll fortress and the Stag Lord's helm?

And also speaking of the Stag Lord, if you take his wine instead of poisoning it, can you do anything with it?

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If you keep coming back and play something for 73 hours and then give it a bad review, you're a fan but don't realize it.

gaaPTgg.png
I don't know, since the game can't currently be completed (something you do have to play a long time to find out) that review seems fair. Especially since he says that, if patched, the review will switch to positive.

And at least 30% of that playtime is loading screens ;)

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
They do, even in PnP. Read the text: "The barbarian's damage reduction increases by 1/—." The Barbarian increased DR rage power is very clearly described as increasing your existing DR by 1 for each time you take it. It is not written as "You gain DR 1/— and this increases by 1 every additional time you take it" which is apparently how your group interpreted it. It is written as increasing your existing DR from the start, so if you have any DR before taking the power, it just gets bigger.

Wrong.

Paizo designer (and in FAQ) http://paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1fn#v5748eaic9uqg:
Paizo said:
Barbarian Increased Damage Reduction: The increased damage reduction rage power says it increases the “barbarian’s damage reduction”, but does that refer to the barbarian class feature “damage reduction” or to any damage reduction the barbarian might possess. In particular, the invulnerable rager archetype trades away the barbarian’s damage reduction class feature for a new ability called invulnerability that gives a slightly different form of damage reduction, so would the rage power work with that?

The rage power refers to the class feature damage reduction, meaning that it doesn’t help invulnerable ragers’ invulnerability class feature. The suggestion for the archetype to take that rage power in the suggested rage powers is in error and will be removed in the next errata.

bataille

Arcane
So I just reached level 9 and I am struggling to resist the urge to start over again. It would be my 6th restart, but the desire to build around items I have discovered, combined with the fact that I keep thinking of new ideas for how I could make my character, are proving incredibly difficult to resist. I will try to endure until I have at least finished the game once. I am really enjoying the experience so far, fights like the Stag Lord and that massive snake in the cave (can't remember its name) have, for the first time in a long time in games, made me stop and think for a bit. I have a very strong desire to murder the bard however, she is very irritating.

Just create new companions based on these ideas. You don't lose anything by travelling with them except banter at camp sites. Besides, there's nothing to spend money on anyway--except some BP. Certainly it's better than to replay the same content ad nauseum.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik

gaaPTgg.png
What do you mean it can't be completed?

Vatnik Wumao
Just create new companions based on these ideas. You don't lose anything by travelling with them except banter at camp sites. Besides, there's nothing to spend money on anyway--except some BP. Certainly it's better than to replay the same content ad nauseum.
In that case, what party composition would you recommend if I go for pure fighters and pure casters (maybe a crusader, but certainly no magus)?

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Wait, nevermind. Being high on my victory against the greater enraged owlbears, I misread the name of the beast! That treasure is in the swamp...

And here I went around looking for it :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom