Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Mortmal

Arcane
So, what's the consensus on kingmaker by now. I've been busy as fuck and haven't even gotten my barony yet. Rerolled as an alchemist and love the options you get. Aoe's like a mothafucka. Really dig the cyoa sequences and the cnc early on is good so far. Bugs and quirks out the a$$ tho
Better than BG2 till chapter 4, then all crumble under bugs , serious gamebreaking ones.Still 70 hours good to go.Game is likely 150 hours to complete when its fixed.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
pathfinder-kingmaker-2-Character.jpg

Knew the review was written by a woman or an extreme soyboy when I saw this portrait. No one else could possibly want to play as someone with that hair.

Forget the portrait, seeing four odd numbers in a row like that almost made my head explode. Why would someone do something so horrible? This character sheet is a crime against humanity.

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded

Knew the review was written by a woman or an extreme soyboy when I saw this portrait. No one else could possibly want to play as someone with that hair.

Forget the portrait, seeing four odd numbers in a row like that almost made my head explode. Why would someone do something so horrible? This character sheet is a crime against humanity.
Because you are a min-maxing decline enabler! Real players only play gimped characters! Bring on the emo, 9 Int wizard with a broken leg and no arms! THAT is how RPGs are supposed to be played! [/dramafag mode]

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron

In fairness, apparently an odd Int mod isn't useless - it gives you one extra skill point every second level, which is because they halved the Int bonus to skill points when they took out half the skill from PnP.
Otherwise yeah, this is absolute :retarded:

Clink

Educated
Also 1.0.6 introduced new mega bug, where effects from non-standard items duplicate after every load. meaning my Harrim with -4 con cloak now has -32 con although doesn't die, and Amiri does extra 8d6 acid damage with her +1d6 acid gloves.

Sounds like so far the whole situation with bugs is rather desperate...
Fixing some, adding some - could become a very long and sad process indeed.
It's a pity they have released this game in that state. :(

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
They gave Spider-Gwen an SJW buzz cut as well for the new Into The Spider-verse movie. It's gotten to the point for me where buzzed sides and/or colored hair = boycott.

Also 1.0.6 introduced new mega bug, where effects from non-standard items duplicate after every load. meaning my Harrim with -4 con cloak now has -32 con although doesn't die, and Amiri does extra 8d6 acid damage with her +1d6 acid gloves.

Sounds like so far the whole situation with bugs is rather desperate... :(

yea this whole game is a cockroach infestation

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
They gave Spider-Gwen an SJW buzz cut as well for the new Into The Spider-verse movie. It's gotten to the point for me where buzzed sides and/or colored hair = boycott.
Well, the new SJW Peter Parker would be a cuckboy of epic proportions who is totally subservient to the dominatrix Gwen. He goes into a spiral of buttsex orgies, alcohol and drugs when his mistress is killed by the utterly caricature alt-rightwinger and ultimately becomes a tranny in honour of her memory... which ironically allows him to rediscover his balls.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Did they actually developed game or some Chinese guys did it for them and now Owlcat trying to fix bugs of code that they don't understand? Sorry, I maybe talk like a prick, but what the fuck? I understand when game some bugs, but this situation looks like code crumble under weight of itself, holy shit.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Everything in the game pretty much speaks rushed release, especially the way content is cut around the main story and level of develoment of first 3.5 acts compared to second half of the game.

They wanted to make it big, probably biggest since BG2, but burned out/rushed it.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Anyone else been here?

S8w4o1f.png

Completely fucking broken. You enter the map, and you can't move from the spawn point. Complete stop, do not pass go, do not collect 500 shekels.
Happened in my game as well. I think hey have you spawn just outside of the map or something.

It's pretty clear that some areas and quests weren't tested at all.
Yeah it is pretty well known bug. Also there is a fucked location in the fourth chapter,don't remember the name,but you were able to walk only a the lower part of the map. It is somewhere around the barbarian battle/camp.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Also I think at 146.6 hours playtime and transition from chapter V to chapter VI I finally hit that part where I can't progress. The finale of Act V doesn't seem to resolve itself and I still get its murdercards and can't annex more lands.

I'll try passing time before next Ancient Curse quest but might not survive due to my Kingdom rioting/crumbling.
Well just change kingdom difficulty to easy,it lowers the time needed for event completion. Also you could cheat and buy all the building points.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Nah it doesn't work like that since I must
annex Pitax to proceed with the plot AFAIK.
that is where game just kinda breaks.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Nah it doesn't work like that since I must
annex Pitax to proceed with the plot AFAIK.
that is where game just kinda breaks.
Can you annex the two land near the eastern village?

Also i get really annoyed that upgrading villages is a fucking event and not a project. It really fucked me over when it came during the end of the month and i didn't have anyone that could help.:decline:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Nobody can tell you because, as far as I can see from the achievements, nobody has come even close to the end of the game. Those achievements still sit firmly at 0.0%.

Nobody has claimed all regions. Nobody has finished all companion quests. Nobody seems to have finished any romances :D.

I see no reason it isn't completable as is, it's mostly the sidequests & kingdom stuff that are buggy.

It's also a really long game. A lot longer than I thought it would be.

Unlike ye'olde classics this game is finishable, I was only able to finish Arcanum after a year. Thanks to lack of internet mostly but still..
Also there is Gothic 3 disaster...
This game is bug free considering older classics.

Looks like Roguey was right again. They ToEE'd themselves trying to adapt such a large module.

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Nobody can tell you because, as far as I can see from the achievements, nobody has come even close to the end of the game. Those achievements still sit firmly at 0.0%.

Nobody has claimed all regions. Nobody has finished all companion quests. Nobody seems to have finished any romances :D.

I see no reason it isn't completable as is, it's mostly the sidequests & kingdom stuff that are buggy.

It's also a really long game. A lot longer than I thought it would be.

Unlike ye'olde classics this game is finishable, I was only able to finish Arcanum after a year. Thanks to lack of internet mostly but still..
Also there is Gothic 3 disaster...
This game is bug free considering older classics.

Looks like Roguey was right again. They ToEE'd themselves trying to adapt such a large module.
But hey, Co8 mod is available! :D:D:D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom