Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Reinhardt

Arcane
but thanks to codex I've been informed that it's a great supplement for Octavia-Regongar BDSM sessions; Bartholomew's legacy could live in their kinky spare time
That's why next time i will play with custom characters. One "good" companion woman provokes respectable wizard to suicide attack just so she can keep sex toy to herself, another "good" companion woman steals money from treasury just for lulz. "SJW game". Sure.:incline:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Lukrame

Do you like this quest log? :)

2D33CA89B609DDA71215414DAE8FF20F4AC8D08B

Edit. I'm retarded. I still have one quest.

Last edited:

Cael

Arcane
but thanks to codex I've been informed that it's a great supplement for Octavia-Regongar BDSM sessions; Bartholomew's legacy could live in their kinky spare time
That's why next time i will play with custom characters. One "good" companion woman provokes respectable wizard to suicide attack just so she can keep sex toy to herself, another "good" companion woman steals money from treasury just for lulz. "SJW game". Sure.:incline:
Fits them to a T, actually. A SJW will cheat, lie, bully, harass, murder and destroy anyone who disagrees with it. Yet they believe they are "Good" and will proudly put it down on their character sheets if such a thing exist in real life.

Protip: Don't play RPGs with SJWs. Trust me on this one. Unless, of course, you love making them cry, throw temper tantrums, scream and generally act like a madman at the table, which may not be the rest of the table's cup of tea. Whether as a DM or as a player, always be considerate of other players, and unless they love baiting SJWs as much as you, don't do it.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Protip: Don't play RPGs games with SJWs. Trust me on this one. Unless, of course, you love making them cry, throw temper tantrums, scream and generally act like a madman at the table, which may not be the rest of the table's cup of tea. Whether as a DM or as a player, always be considerate of other players, and unless they love baiting SJWs as much as you, don't do it.

fxed

Reinhardt

Arcane
Went with my decisions from LN to LG. I was not that far already and dat armor from troll keep was pretty sweet. If i find something better i can go back in 2-3 choices.

Cael

Arcane
Well, I generally disallowed "chaotic neutral" alignment. That one attracts the most obnoxious players.
I generally disallow Evil unless the guy can give a good reason why his character will support the party and work with it.

Rogues who cheat, lie and steal from the party tend to get sent to CE-land and the next time the Paladin or the Cleric turns on a Detect Evil...

Turjan

Arcane
Well, I generally disallowed "chaotic neutral" alignment. That one attracts the most obnoxious players.
I generally disallow Evil unless the guy can give a good reason why his character will support the party and work with it.

Rogues who cheat, lie and steal from the party tend to get sent to CE-land and the next time the Paladin or the Cleric turns on a Detect Evil...
Yes, that too, just because of the involved mechanics of many D&D spells, which makes mixed good/evil parties not very viable. The players have to choose one or the other. Lawful evil sometimes works out, if there is no paladin or specific cleric in the group.

Cael

Arcane

Yes, that too, just because of the involved mechanics of many D&D spells, which makes mixed good/evil parties not very viable. The players have to choose one or the other. Lawful evil sometimes works out, if there is no paladin or specific cleric in the group.
A Paladin would have issues being in a party with an Evil person but I always waive that restriction, which is a bloody stupid restriction in the first place.

So long as the Evil person has not been working against the interests of the party, there really shouldn't be an issue. It is when people start noticing things are missing, that certain things are going mysteriously wrong, and a guy who didn't turn up on Detect Evil before suddenly does... That is when stuff usually hits the fan. And I don't give warning to the CE guy beforehand. I will just announce that he shows up as Evil and will stress that that has never happened in the past.

Turjan

Arcane

A Paladin would have issues being in a party with an Evil person but I always waive that restriction, which is a bloody stupid restriction in the first place.

So long as the Evil person has not been working against the interests of the party, there really shouldn't be an issue. It is when people start noticing things are missing, that certain things are going mysteriously wrong, and a guy who didn't turn up on Detect Evil before suddenly does... That is when stuff usually hits the fan. And I don't give warning to the CE guy beforehand. I will just announce that he shows up as Evil and will stress that that has never happened in the past.
Meh. I try to nip that in the bud before we start. Stealing from your party members is usually something only one person at the table finds funny. Cleaning the broken glass, beer and blood stains out of the carpet after the session is not my idea of fun, either.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Anyone else ran into a problem in the fight against stag lord that his righthand man and owlbear won't join the fight? In my game they just stood there.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Anyone else ran into a problem in the fight against stag lord that his righthand man and owlbear won't join the fight? In my game they just stood there.
Unless they broke in in patch 1.07 I didn't. I did that fight in 1.06 and owlbear did join (wasn't able to recruit the other guy due to making too much noise while getting over the wall), you just need to have party close to his cage when battle starts.

Turjan

Arcane
I assume this is after you "talked" both into helping you? The owlbear didn't do anything ever in my case. His righthand man didn't work the first time, but the second time I went against the stag lord, he and Kressle had killed the stag lord before I managed to get close. Rather anti-climactic.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Unless they broke in in patch 1.07 I didn't. I did that fight in 1.06 and owlbear did join (wasn't able to recruit the other guy due to making too much noise while getting over the wall), you just need to have party close to his cage when battle starts.

Ah, I rushed in to the door, maybe I'll reload and test it and stay back.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Ah, I rushed in to the door, maybe I'll reload and test it and stay back.
When I did that fight first time on patch 1.04 or 1.03 I also rushed the door and killed Stag Lord without Owlbear help. He also didn't join the fight (but the other guy did). Then when I moved back towards the exit and passed by the Owlbear cage he opened it and ran outside "to fight" but since everyone was dead he just stood there :D

Cael

Arcane

Meh. I try to nip that in the bud before we start. Stealing from your party members is usually something only one person at the table finds funny. Cleaning the broken glass, beer and blood stains out of the carpet after the session is not my idea of fun, either.
I prefer to let the players extract their due. They were the ones who suffered, after all. Whether they decide to banish the guy from the table IRL is also up to them.

Reinhardt

Arcane
He will be party cleric

MW-FV020_Templa_20170925222338_ZH.jpg

Knights and english longbowmen are pretty easy to find. Anyone have good crusader infantry and crossbowmen pictures? I'm preparing first crusade to liberate Holy Land.

Not gonna lie after hearing the troll king's speech I wanted to play another DND style game in a setting where you play as a troll defending your newborn kingdom/shithole cave from borbas.

My experience with PNP is extremely limited but I think Lawful evil is the only thing that can work in with real people party. CE can only work when there party level difference is not uniform but that almost can never happen (CE people forced to obey more powerful people who know their intentions). Opinion wise neutral evil is a shitshow .

Salvo

Arcane
So, I've dug a bit in the files and it turns out that there's plenty of possible different endings, for companions and other things. With people claiming they're not implemented, my guess is they're either bugged or were not properly developed and thus actually not put into the game.

If anybody wants to check by themselves, literally every single dialogue/written thing in the game is inside the file enGB.json, which is itself located under the folder Pathfinder Kingmaker--->Kingmaker_Data--->Streaming Assets--->Localization.

Obviously don't check it out if you want to avoid spoilers.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
The amount of holy-themed classes and archetypes makes me wanna do a full custom turbo good guy group with nothing but Paladins, Clerics, Sages and what have you.

ArchAngel

Arcane
So, I've dug a bit in the files and it turns out that there's plenty of possible different endings, for companions and other things. With people claiming they're not implemented, my guess is they're either bugged or were not properly developed and thus actually not put into the game.

If anybody wants to check by themselves, literally every single dialogue/written thing in the game is inside the file enGB.json, which is itself located under the folder Pathfinder Kingmaker--->Kingmaker_Data--->Streaming Assets--->Localization.

Obviously don't check it out if you want to avoid spoilers.
As more time passes and more info is revealed, this game becomes higher and higher on list of games that desperately need an Enhanced Edition.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom