Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Codex Year of the Donut
The encounter with the wolves is the one with 3 wolves? A random one? I found that... easy.
that encounter was easier than most of the bandit ones in the starter area

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I only played through the intro with everything set to "normal" or "1", so as Core as possible and I didn't find any fight too hard.
Typical RTwP pre-buffing and targeting affair so far.

I rolled a dwarven battle Crusader of Caden Cailean btw. MAH WARHAMMER FOR YE DRUNKEN GOD

*Btw game is fun, character building etc is awesome and I like the combat as much as possible for RTwP. Of course dialogues and text in general is hilariously crappy, almost feels like a cringy 14 year old wrote stuff

Lambach

Arcane
I think most of the difficulty is in people rolling wizards or sorcerers on challenging..

:negative:

I mean, it's not all that difficult, per se, with some save-scumming I manage fine. It's just that my Sorc feels pretty useless compared to other characters, and he was fucking min-maxed ffs, how are 80% of my goddamn fucking spells failing against everything goddamn it. :x

Brancaleone

Prophet
Evidently, the game doesn't feed enough the narcisism of nowadays' average player by providing him with a ridiculously easy challenge while telling him that he is doing something really, really difficult.

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
For anyone who cares, I finally found it: settings are stored in the registry(HKCU/Software/Owlcat Games/Pathfinder Kingmaker) in hex format with a NUL terminator('00')

Settings are broken and don't save properly, supposed to be fixed in the next patch.

honestly, I wish devs would just use a plain text ini for config values. Stop obfuscating shit.

bataille

Arcane
I think most of the difficulty is in people rolling wizards or sorcerers on challenging. With my 20 str fighter it's pretty easy.

It's also the fact that a single step in difficulty is quite steep, going from being able to beat an average encounter unscathed to barelly pulling through it. Early on every roll is oh so important: with Amiri decimating people in a single blow and having your low HD adventurers getting shot to death in the first few rounds. The difference should become less jarring with levels, though. But personally, I don't want high levels. This low level partying just feels so cozy and temperate. Like a cup of warm tea with ginger. Just great.

Lambach

Arcane
Evidently, the game doesn't feed enough the narcisism of nowadays' average player by providing him with a ridiculously east challenge while telling him that he is doing something really, really difficult.

Eat shit and fucking kill yourself, nigger. Situations that could be fairly easily handled in the actual PnP version now present a near-immutable obstacle because the game calculates your Saves and DC checks wrong.

Jinn

Arcane
Alright, men. The time has come to do your sworn duty as agents of incline. Owlcat needs our help to fend off the shambling hordes of fools getting angry at a game that is challenging and that respects the intelligence they clearly lack. If you own the game on steam or GoG and you're having fun with it, they could really use those positive reviews right now.

My limited faith in humanity was shaken even further this morning when I woke up to find Kingmaker's steam user rating had fallen to mixed. Can't have anything good in this damn world anymore without a bunch of uninformed, lazy, and lame morons raging against it.

Lambach

Arcane
Can't have anything good in this damn world anymore without a bunch of uninformed, lazy, and lame morons raging against it.

I've already done my part on GoG for this game (not touching Steam), because I want developers to have an incentive to make proper PnP-based RPGs like this.

Still, I urge everyone to flood their Forum section with your gripes, mostly about how their game is bugged to hell and back in the parts where it matters the most, so that the lazy asshats can focus their attention on fixing it.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Alright, men. The time has come to do your sworn duty as agents of incline

I'm stuck. I can't progress. Spiders eradicate me, my entire party got mauled by a single cat, I think it was a cougar or a cheetah
I've DMed Pathfinder for over 7 years now, and I was never as much of a capricious and scornful god as this game is.

I have several issues with Pathfinder: Kingmaker, but the most frustrating one is the difficulty.
Dear Developers - who hurt you so bad, you had to make even normal mode borderline unplayable?

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I started an alchemist with everything set to normal and the game is significantly easier, although those "lucky" natural 20s still mean death for any low level character. I think part of the problem is that the average HP in Pathfinder seem to be lower. On my other character at level 4, Amiri still only has like 40 HP. Fairly certain a barbarian in DnD would be around 60 at that point.

Shadenuat

Arcane
But yeah devs I think made 2 mistakes
- Assumed "normal" is for "normal rpg players" (those who play RPGs) and in their naivety just had no idea how bad players are (Sawyer should have warned them) etc.
- If they knew that, and wanted to make game difficult, they could have marketed game as "isometric dark souls" / AoD "died in first fight" but they didn't. yet the difficulty is there so oops.

basically I think developers missed on correcty assuming and delivering on player expectations.

this is why PoTD I think was undertuned in PoE. It is because if you undertune you only piss off 1% of players; if you overtune you piss off thousands of casual players. it is a lot safer to undertune, then create like day 1 patch "here, extra difficulty for hardcore players!" (which you had in your sleeve all that time) and you're golden.

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
From 81 to 66%, ouch.

Funny to see how Pathfinder fans are criticizing these cargo cult Russians for inflating enemy stats even on normal difficulty (in addition to the whacked-out random encounter tables but apparently that may be a bug??). They should have stuck to the RAW.

Shadenuat

Arcane
From 81 to 66%, ouch.

Funny to see how Pathfinder fans are criticizing these cargo cult Russians for inflating enemy stats even on normal difficulty (in addition to the whacked-out random encounter tables but apparently that may be a bug??). They should have stuck to the RAW.
I don't think there are any particularly too terrible inflated stats on Normal. It's just that most people pick higher than Normal and there enemies get bonuses already which is where stat thing comes from. Many reviews have this i.e. "I picked challenging/hard assuming I am good but enemy stats are bloated can't progress halp"

Jinn

Arcane
Still, I urge everyone to flood their Forum section with your gripes, mostly about how their game is bugged to hell and back in the parts where it matters the most, so that the lazy asshats can focus their attention on fixing it.

I haven't experienced any bugs to my knowledge in the 10 hours I've played yet. What are they so I can keep an eye out for them?

Brancaleone

Prophet
From 81 to 66%, ouch.

After more than 30,000 reviews Kingdom Come: Deliverance is still sitting at 74%, and Daniel Vavra couldn't give less of a shit.

bataille

Arcane

I haven't experienced any bugs to my knowledge in the 10 hours I've played yet. What are they so I can keep an eye out for them?

Broken triggers? I've experienced a few characters not running away before a fight when they should have. The reports about the last party member not being able to join you are kinda frightening as well.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
They are like that Fey in Oleg's trading post that doesn't appear, and some other scipts that doesn't work properly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom