Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Drudkh

Learned
Yeah... I see Owlcat has addressed their insolence over at the steam forums regarding making the game difficult in settings above normal. Perhaps when this is all said and done the enemies will be over nerfed proving the entertainment of new complaint possibilities.

I'm personally gonna come back to this game in a week or 2 (of hopefully patches) after slogging through the absolutely unbelievable amount of bugs plaguing me at nearly every step. I still recommend the game, but it seems Owlcat has hired the estranged soulmate of Adam Brennecke from Obsidian as their programmer.

Sentinel

Arcane
Yeah... I see Owlcat has addressed their insolence over at the steam forums regarding making the game difficult in settings above normal. Perhaps when this is all said and done the enemies will be over nerfed proving the entertainment of new complaint possibilities.

I'm personally gonna come back to this game in a week or 2 (of hopefully patches) after slogging through the absolutely unbelievable amount of bugs plaguing me at nearly every step. I still recommend the game, but it seems Owlcat has hired the estranged soulmate of Adam Brennecke from Obsidian as their programmer.
what bugs did you find?

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Hah, "buggy."

I lived through the era of Troika. You think you know bugs? I was smothered by the bugs, held down by the bugs, why the bugs even damn near tried to eat me alive. Then I embraced the bugs, I honed the bugs, I ate the bugs.

The era of bugs in PC Gaming was once a truly terrifying place, one that I feel is best comparable to the Killing Fields brought on by the infamous Khmer Rouge from Cambodia. We live in a world where patches are machine gunned out like you're working on an MMORPG. Try living in fear that an RPG with such amazing promise may never get that patch, that support it needed to propel it to being one of the all time greats.

Until you experience that, you relinquish your right to bitch about bugs on day two of release. Not you, personally, you look like a sweet guy and I'm sure we'd be great friends. I mean, if the lighting was right and the alcohol was strong enough we could even...

I'm getting ahead of myself. I'll be back in five hours, time to reload a save.
Frankly I heard Stalker had bug in save games that was hidden and slowly corrupted saves until it crashed every time. And it took several patches to make it working well enough that starting new game allowed to finish it. (We are not talking about actually repairing these corrupted saves. That's crazy idea.)

zapotec

Liturgist
I am still downloading the game, so one quick are there combat options like bull rush, disarm, charge, trip and so on? Or just Power Attack :hahano:

Sentinel

Arcane
I am still downloading the game, so one quick are there combat options like bull rush, disarm, charge, trip and so on? Or just Power Attack :hahano:
Haven't seen any of those yet, but I heard people talk about rogues being able to trip.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
How was this stuff not caught in the beta?
It's not that harsh.
But to answer your question, because they are normal company. Self educated high school dropout working for low salary in garage gaming era typically avoided majority of theirs problems. Normal company is just that. Go to work at 9, have lunch, leave work at 17. Perhaps finish work earlier in Friday.

I seen charge command in videos. I think there is also spring attack and most of normal DnD combat stuff.

Theldaran

Liturgist
I think that the combat maneouvres fit turn-based better, like it was in D&D3 with grids and whatnot. It has to be a nuisance to micromanage those attacks in the middle of the fray.

Curratum

I will never understand the RtWP haters. The games have a fucking option where it pauses at the end of every turn, so it's just simultaneous resolution. If you're anal-retentive to the point where you need combat with 4 bandits to take 40 minutes, my condolences.

Sentinel

Arcane
I will never understand the RtWP haters. The games have a fucking option where it pauses at the end of every turn, so it's just simultaneous resolution. If you're anal-retentive to the point where you need combat with 4 bandits to take 40 minutes, my condolences.
Please tell me how you can properly calculate movement in this pile of shit RTwP. 'Cause I don't see a distance meter anywhere in the game when moving.

Theldaran

Liturgist
Please tell me how you can properly calculate movement in this pile of shit RTwP. 'Cause I don't see a distance meter anywhere in the game when moving.

So close a BG spiritual successor that it hurts...

Curratum

You honestly don't. In all my years of playing D&D, I never calculated distance for round-to-round combat purposes in the tabletop as well. To me, this sort of thing is a chore in any medium.

Theldaran

Liturgist

You honestly don't. In all my years of playing D&D, I never calculated distance for round-to-round combat purposes in the tabletop as well. To me, this sort of thing is a chore in any medium.

But, you know, D&D3 was designed to work with minis (they can be $old!) and grids, and movement rate mattered. This is easily transported to a computer game, but devs have to try and implement it, not do things inanely.

Make-believe distances in the DM's and player's heads isn't comparable to a videogame that needs to calculate these distances.

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
By approximation. Just like in BG.

Just like in the real world.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom