Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
This game is unplayably buggy. I'm at the point where I can't even enter my own city because it just crashes, and now my fort is randomly vanquished but the game over screen is bugged and doesn't tell me why. I tried editing the savefile and setting all my fort stats to 999 and it still happens, so I'm guessing it's just another bug.
this is what it shows when I ask for the final report at the gameover screen:
L4u03W3.jpg

Did you visit your capital once a month?

Jezal_k23

Btw I'm enjoying dialogue with Jaethal, I think she is well written, at least after her intro. She's so evil it's refreshing and entertaining to talk to her, not the usual thing like Linzi or Amiri for example.

Salvo

Arcane
So how linear is this game? Do you merely march from one battle to another like in Blackguards or is there chance for genuine exploration? How good is the exploration / side content?

There's a great deal of exploration, side AND missable content. The whole point of the game is colonizing unclaimed wilderness, after all. The problem is combat balance and bugs of this content though.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
I did think the C&C in the tutorial was kinda cute. I mean, why wouldn't you put on a free ring of prot +1? Why wouldn't I loot a treasure chest??

The excuses were dumb though. Either "I was trying to protect the gold" or "I thought the guards were doing a bad job." Come on. I should be able to say, "Finders keepers, that's why bitch."

Any more stuff like that later?

Codex Year of the Donut
This game is unplayably buggy. I'm at the point where I can't even enter my own city because it just crashes, and now my fort is randomly vanquished but the game over screen is bugged and doesn't tell me why. I tried editing the savefile and setting all my fort stats to 999 and it still happens, so I'm guessing it's just another bug.
L4u03W3.jpg

let me go visit my capit--

oh wait the game crashes the moment I load my city.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
So how linear is this game? Do you merely march from one battle to another like in Blackguards or is there chance for genuine exploration? How good is the exploration / side content?

Chapter 1 is pretty linear (until you reach the kingdom management part) but you can still roam freely after you leave the tutorial area.

Starting with chapter 2 it's pretty non-linear.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
L4u03W3.jpg

let me go visit my capit--

oh wait the game crashes the moment I load my city.

Did u pirate this shit?

If not then try to load an older save.

Xeon

Augur
Dialogue with NPCs does anything? I talked to the 3 companions after reaching the Inn base but I didn't get any journal updates and the choices didn't seem to do anything, felt like flavor so didn't plan on continuing to talk to them.

Frozen

Arcane
Haven't finished tutorial yet but for now it looks to me like just another generic 10000001th isometric retro BG wannabe whatever.
Warrior lady is annoying as f and this lame beginning is copy pasted from Neverwinter 1 only those andaluvian? animals are missing.
Visually it looks poor at least this first tutorial dungeon and I don't get the difference in style between portraits? Some are classic images (ok) and for some characters it looks like in game screenshots (crap)
If story continues to be this fairy tale-ish boring slog for kids I doubt it will interest me because combat is not that great either.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
If story continues to be this fairy tale-ish boring slog for kids I doubt it will interest me because combat is not that great either.

So which other style of story do you prefer then?
The issue is that we've got the choice between Bioware tranny shit, Larian lol randumb shit and this. I prefer fairy tale stuff over the other two.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
So i get my hands on it and played a little.
Hard difficulty is actually hard but I would not call it fair hard. Its heavy rng dependent especially early as you kill or die by dice. Also I can not hit a shit.
So I switched into challenging and its better but still some fights were like bad roll you dead. I hit sometimes. I played a little on this and well spiders are bullshit. An dall ability hurting enemies too. I beat htem but it was pure chaos and I dont know but it looks like they were dodging all fire flask like crazy.
Now I switched to custom(normal but little harder - the base diff you could say) and its fine. Hell even to easy after all other bullshit. But its fine.
Only get one crash.
Game is full of ladings and slow. In the second case cheat engine help a lot even at 1,5xspeed. 2x or 3x is too much for combat for me at last.

Overall it don't really feel like BG but more like IWD which is good thing. Also looks nice but lack of created party(you need pay for it) and loading times make it not that great to play.
Still not bad.

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy

I had exactly 0 bugs 10 hours in.

Xeon

Augur
Another small race writer? wonder if that's the equivalent of the turnip farming in BGs.

Riel

Arcane
Ok I got a problem, am I missing something or did I stumble into a new bug no one else seams to have found yet, or at least so says google after searching: I am trying to recruit a custom NPC in Oleg's Trade Post but when agreeing to the 2000 gold prize the dialogue simply closes and nothing happens.

Shadenuat

Arcane
The mixed ranking and lack of press reviews don't seem to be hurting it very much; maybe the "brutal difficulty" is inspiring people to buy it?
People are stubborn creatures. After a day or two of dying in fights and venting on forums some will chill and their egos would demand them to return and take revenge to remove frustration from losing and to "show that fucking dumb game".

Codex Year of the Donut

I had exactly 0 bugs 10 hours in.
keep playing, I'm about 30 hours in.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom