Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
there is some serious charisma lobbyist in Owlcat team I swear, and they seriously need to go away

The company is a handful of world class designers surrounded by an army of storyphags.

Desiderius

Patron
there is some serious charisma lobbyist in Owlcat team I swear, and they seriously need to go away
It's not a lobby it's mostly the nature of the magic itself. If it's divine then it's WIS. If it's arcane and learned, it's INT. If it's arcane and inherent, it's CHA.

How can it be inherent if it’s given to you by Arealju or whoever?

Mortmal

Arcane
What class have the most necromancer like feel?

Wizard/Lich seems to be amazing in the game. I believe that someone mentioned the 4 most popular classes/mythic paths in beta and was something like
  • Paladin/Angel
  • Cleric/Angel
  • Wizard/Lich
  • Sorc/Lich
Or something like that. Sadly demon is mostly about shapeshifting and raging and to little about demon conjuration,

Go Barbarian/Crusader

Or barbarian/two handed fighter
Ecclesitheurge probably has a good necro feel too if you pick death and magic or evil domains, you get animate dead earlier , selective channels and can spam negative energy to heal your minions. However it wasnt worth it in kingmaker,not only they arent that powerful but necromancy summons were drastically nerfed ,castrated even, instead of using corpse and have permanent summons you only had them for a few rounds. Thats what it was supposed to be : " The undead you create remain under your control indefinitely. No matter how many times you use this spell, however, you can control only 4 HD worth of undead creatures per caster level. If you exceed this number, all the newly created creatures fall under your control, and any excess undead from previous castings become uncontrolled. You choose which creatures are released. Undead you control through the command undead feat do not count toward this limit."

So there was no reason to bother with them, other school of magic does not suffer something similar .Is it any better in wotr ? Since you can have lich undead champion and specific companions it may be worth it . You get slower spell progression than a wizard necromancer, but more versatility and cleric buffs. I dont know how the spells will scale since the cleric use Wis and lich was supposed to be int, now mythic level ?

Most powerful will be probably exploiter wizard instead if its like on tabletop.

FriendlyMerchant

Cha is probably the best caster stat. Intimidate your enemies right before incinerating them? What else do you need?

CaesarCzech

Scholar

CaesarCzech

Scholar

Desiderius

Patron
Okay how does WIS to intimidate work ? like i cant imagine it from logic perspective.

Yes, that's exactly how it works. You nailed it.

There are more things in Heaven and Earth, CaesarCzech, than are dreamt of in your philosophy, or in this case lack thereof.

CaesarCzech

Scholar
Okay how does WIS to intimidate work ? like i cant imagine it from logic perspective.

There are more things in Heaven and Earth, CaesarCzech, than are dreamt of in your philosophy, or in this case lack thereof.

you quoted wrong post, and i basically questioned just how would it work, Strenght Constitution or Charisma are all valid but WIS i really dont get. But yeah feel free to Bonk me for wanting my watsonian and doylist stuff to align.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wisdom in Pathfinder (amongst other things) represents intuition, your ability to read situations and general common sense.

So someone who uses their wisdom to intimidate would be ultra perceptive and be able to read their marks really well.

CaesarCzech

Scholar
Wisdom in Pathfinder (amongst other things) represents intuition, your ability to read situations and general common sense.

So someone who uses their wisdom to intimidate would be ultra perceptive and be able to read their marks really well.

Ah Thank you that makes sense.
Desiderius You could take a few points here, then again you are less convert and more Purge the heretic time.

Desiderius

Patron

Ah Thank you that makes sense.
Desiderius You could take a few points here, then again you are less convert and more Purge the heretic time.

No, I'm not in fact. Heretics are far more interesting than the merely incurious.

Desiderius

Patron

Maybe Priest of Calistra or whatever. Most WIS-based intimidation consists of AWE.

Delterius

Arcane
It's not a lobby it's mostly the nature of the magic itself. If it's divine then it's WIS. If it's arcane and learned, it's INT. If it's arcane and inherent, it's CHA.

How can it be inherent if it’s given to you by Arealju or whoever?
For the same reason a Sorcerer either inherits their power or is enchanted with power. From that moment on the magic is inherent to their body. The Lich shapes the mythic power inside them to wield traditional wizardry. That is why their spells are not an inherent power even though their mythic abilities are. The Trickster shapes the mythic power inside them and becomes fey, their spells are sorcerous in nature.

Shadenuat

Arcane
my father was a vampire, mother was a werewolf
so i dont need to study for 50 years and forego sex, and my spells are based on how attractive I am

5yoqBm.jpg

:killit:

Desiderius

Patron

you quoted wrong post, and i basically questioned just how would it work, Strenght Constitution or Charisma are all valid but WIS i really dont get. But yeah feel free to Bonk me for wanting my watsonian and doylist stuff to align.

No you dumbass I quoted exactly the right post. You can’t imagine it from a logic perspective. That’s an exact description of Wisdom and why it’s intimidating to those who restrict themselves to a merely logical understanding of the world.

xXgKhnT.gif

Philosophy means literally “love of wisdom” and by your own admission when it comes to WIS you’re an incel.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Why? Is the campaign rewarding players that pick Charisma-based classes just like Kingmaker did?

CHA is the base attribute for all Mythic PAths in beta except Angel(wis) and Lich(int)

Based Owlcats acknowledging the supremacy of charisma casters. :incline:

INT > CHA.

The most powerful casters are INT based casters. Karsus? Borys(Athas)? Elminster? All high INT casters. Name one CHA based caster who got close to the power of that casters.

Most powerful will be probably exploiter wizard instead if its like on tabletop.

PACT Wizard in Kingmaker(Call of the Wild) is extremely good too.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Looks like Delterius is right. Trickster Snowball DC is 16 with Caster level 6 at Mythic 3 with +5 CHR bonus. Lol that's what it would be anyway. Let me try again.

EDIT: it's Charisma, take off the helm and it goes down to 15 DC.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Totally unspoiled, but anyone have a long range forecast on the bugs?

What are the odds that it'll have as many bugs on release as Kingmaker, and I should hold off for 6+ months like I *really* should have done with Kingmaker?

Desiderius

Patron
Totally unspoiled, but anyone have a long range forecast on the bugs?

What are the odds that it'll have as many bugs on release as Kingmaker, and I should hold off for 6+ months like I *really* should have done with Kingmaker?

I was able to stand on this roof, and open this chest, and get ganked by the dudes hiding there, and get the very cool weapon, on every previous version:

Falling Through Floor.jpg

So who knows what the fuck they're doing or what they'll have ready in time for release. It's mostly smooth and better than what I understand P:K was at release. There are also inexplicable fuck-ups, like the entire Witch class and all the archetypes using the wrong stat for Hex DCs and never changing it despite being repeatedly reported by everyone for months.

Self-Ejected

Atlet

Self-Ejected
Vatnik
Desiderius, pls stop posting in pathfinder threads, we discuss abt other gaymes here to u know

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom