Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC coming June 13th

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I'm betting that Camellia will be thoroughly mediocre
I mean, you're making her a 20 cleric. She's gonna be a good buffer, but giving her weapon focus feats seems very optimistic.
There are many worries with the setup, especially because I have so little casting.
In terms of offensive casting you have the most important (hellfire ray). 3/4 people in melee is going to be pretty volatile after the early game I expect, especially since you won't have enough buffs for all of them. Especially since you don't seem to have a source of haste, which is arguably one of the best buffs in the game.

Ember has Haste (Agility Patron)

Yosharian

Arcane
He took over my save and is now the player character. In Group Manager he has the lock symbol now and when I click on NPCs, he moves in to talk and it's his portrait that is shown on the left. Genius game design. Kojima would be proud. I knew I should have killed him in that gargoyle cave. Time to find a different save.
Could be Owlcat's bug, but I saw how Respec mod removed "MC" tag from the first character in DLC 3 turning her into basically hireling after using version that is not-yet-compatible with EE. You may have used this mod in the main campaign, per chance?
It could be a mod bug for sure, there's quite a few bugs with the respec mod - though it will works remarkably well considering how many moving parts there must be

Percy

Cipher
I bought the Season Pass and the Midnight Isles is fun so far.

It's like speed dating for build fags.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I am chill

f8adf203015fe884bcdd2b8f4fb12f67.gif
It’s a redneck thing, black guys trying to act white wouldn’t understand. Hatfields and McCoys were having the times of their lives.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
He was even banned from the official forums for being a constant dick.
No, constant dicks at least get a warning or a PM. I got the award for highest level of liked posts on Owlcat Forums and no warning. Then banned the next week by one guy at Owlcat who got his epistemology hurt and told Steam to ban me too. Steam mods have generally been cool with me.

Get your story straight. You're a smart kid, you don't have to live like this.
Well you should have been more considerate about his epistemology. It might have been congenital.
The one telling you your fly is down *is* being considerate. The people walking by are the inconsiderate ones. Autists are the breakwater for all kinds of social contagions.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Hosilla down :salute:

It was a tough fight without using the Haste potion, but Barkskin, Shield of Faith and Reduce Person got Wenduag to a respectable AC, so she could tank Hosilla somewhat reliably using Fighting Defensively. Then Bit of Luck on my MC made sure he could hit with a masterwork Greatsword, and Seelah's Smite ensured her hits weren't terrible. Then came the Quasits which were woefully annoying. Wenduag tanked one but the other was pretty terrible to deal with, had to reload a good deal. But they're down, so now I have marching terror for the last two fights. And Haste for the water elemental.

Switching Wenduag to fighting defensively and having SoF from my MC (his Oracle level spell) has improved my life a lot in general.

Last edited:

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Could be Owlcat's bug, but I saw how Respec mod removed "MC" tag from the first character in DLC 3 turning her into basically hireling after using version that is not-yet-compatible with EE. You may have used this mod in the main campaign, per chance?
Judging by his/her/its status on my reply - yes, it did. So all the whining (including Pink Eye's - maybe COVID-19 addled his brain) is for naught; game developers do not and should not bother with mod compatibility.

Do corpses also T-pose for you guys? Happens often (like, 70% of the time) after loading saves for me
You're playing fully respecced companions and doing hell knows what else to break your game. You should be thankful the program even runs.

Last edited:

Tsubutai

Educated
Do corpses also T-pose for you guys? Happens often (like, 70% of the time) after loading saves for me
You're playing fully respecced companions and doing hell knows what else to break your game. You should be thankful the program even runs.
I have the same issue and do not use mods at all. It's a pretty minor glitch in the grand scheme of things though.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I have the same issue and do not use mods at all. It's a pretty minor glitch in the grand scheme of things though.
I am playing the game without mods and on the latest stable patch (meaning 1 minor version less than the current). Which means I need to switch to 1.4.4g from 1.3.7d - haven't done it yet.

I have never seen this.

Your word against mine?

Delterius

Arcane
I'm starting to think that the answer to the physical vs energy blast question for a Kineticist is actually both. You start off as, say, Earth and you target normal AC with Elemental Engine's buffs. Then on level 7 and 14 you transition to pure energy. This lets you ignore spell resistances and energy resistances through those parts of the game where feats and mythic powers are in short supply. And you still get to target touch AC in those fights where it really matter.

IllusiveBrian

Novice
I tried running the armored mage tailwind (the one that gives you extra % damage for each % spell failure chance you have) and thought I would be clever by running a stigmatized witch with wolf-face to see if that counted for extra damage. I don't know the answer, because the tailwind is just giving all my characters +20 damage to all spell casts (currently wearing a chain shirt, but the tailwind also gives -20% ASF so I assumed the intended effect is that since that nets 0 ASF it wouldn't give extra damage). I had a couple mods enabled, toybox seeming like the most likely culprit, so I disabled all of them, uninstalled UMM, went into the pathfinder folder and removed the mods folder, and still am seeing this behavior. I even got a merc cleric and her spells also get +20 damage, and this was long after I disabled and removed all mods. I wanted to see if anyone else has tried this tailwind post EE, I don't really care enough to restart my whole run since I want to get all the way through DLC3's story but I figured I'd ask.

For what it's worth, the -20% ASF from the tailwind did not apply to the curse % failure.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Well if you were crazy enough to pull trough with this... you just might make it on Unfair.

I've just recently switched to Unfair - but much later - at Mythic Rank 4, with my OP Mobility Trickster. Still not sure if I'll persist, not a huge fan of accidental one-shots - common here.

Stoned Ape

Savant
Just finished Leper's Smile and the attached cave on hard. I forgot how much I disliked Vescavors and their bloody hum.

Party is:
Seelah (Paladin 8) Horse. Heavy Armor & Bardiche. (Substitute: Regill (Armiger 5, Hell Knight 3 (Nobility Domain).)
Wenduag (Fighter 1/Mad Dog 7) Dog. Heavy Armor & Glaive.
PC (Oni-Spawn Crusader of Calistria 8) Heavy Armor, Longsword+Shield. (He can't use a reach weapon as when I tried he got destroyed by surprise mobs aggressively targeting him. Stays conscious far longer when using a shield.)
Ember (Stig. Witch 8 (Salamander Ring for Fireball was pretty useful against the insect bastards). (Substitute: Nenio (Scroll Spammer 8).)
Camellia (Shaman 8) Heavy Crossbow. (Substitute: Woljif (Eldritch Trickster 8) Shortbow + Rays.)
Daeran (Oracle 8 Life+Nature) Wolf. Rapier+Shield.

Going to drop Seelah after I recruit Greybor. He's going to be a Slayer/Freebooter because I want more +AB buffs if I'm losing Mark of Justice.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom