Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

entr0py

Scholar
Hello 'dexians! I haven't been here in a while (life got in the way) but recently started playing Baldur's Gate 3 and what it made me realize is how good Owlcat's Pathfinder is compared to it. So before I start to play WoR again wanted to ask the experts (a.k.a. you guys) if there is a list somewhere with all the larger issues/bugs that are still in the game after all this patching - like mechanics not working as described, things being broken, etc. So that no unforeseen bug gets in the way of theorycrafting and building the most effiient killing machines that the Sword Coast ....aaaahhh.... I mean the Worldwound has ever seen!
Thanks in advance!

Yosharian

Arcane
Hello 'dexians! I haven't been here in a while (life got in the way) but recently started playing Baldur's Gate 3 and what it made me realize is how good Owlcat's Pathfinder is compared to it. So before I start to play WoR again wanted to ask the experts (a.k.a. you guys) if there is a list somewhere with all the larger issues/bugs that are still in the game after all this patching - like mechanics not working as described, things being broken, etc. So that no unforeseen bug gets in the way of theorycrafting and building the most effiient killing machines that the Sword Coast ....aaaahhh.... I mean the Worldwound has ever seen!
Thanks in advance!
yes

it's all broken

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
You can check steam forums. I remember there was a thread that attempted listing all the broken classes/their features. But it's pretty much impossible to store in one place and track tbh, there's too much of it and every new patch breaks more stuff, often in very creative ways.

What are you using 1 level of rowdy for?

Cleave effectively serves the purpose of an early game damage increase (2x attacks, way stronger than vital strike) and something to do with your standard action. It's important to remember that Vital Strike's damage increase is basically trash, weapon base dice is nothing, until you get mythic vital strike its barely noticable.

On the other hand if you're trying to make a long-term vital strike build and need the 2d6 precision damage per sneak attack then its obviously essential. 20d6 free damage is no joke. Still better off being mounted, having pounce, or having teleportation of some kind. But definitely playable.

razvedchiki

Magister
im trying out a vital strike/cleaving 2 handed build on hard and this far its nothing special. probably needs more dice stack and a reach weapon. once in a while i may get a cleaving finish.

scytheavatar

Scholar
i mean you will use it when you will have to move to attack, if you arent mounted or have pounce i think its worth it.

Which brings about the question as to why you are not playing a mounted character in melee. Mounted characters simply have too much an advantage and no shortcomings over non mounted characters.

scytheavatar

Scholar
Alternatively you can either play a throwing axe character, or you can stack your weapon reach so much that you almost always have full attacks. Multiple attacks simply have too many advantages for vital strikes to compete, the current melee meta is all about fishing for crits. And you want to maximize your crits by having as many rolls of the attack die as possible.

The one good use I can think of for Vital Strike is in combination with True Strike to hit certain super high AC enemies. Of course you're always better off being able to debuff their AC and buff yourself to the point where you can hit with regular attacks but if that's not an option for the party you want to run this works as a mediocre backup.

TheDarkUrge

Educated
Alright for my Angel Mythic run I tried slayer deliverer for Iomedae but I kind of want some more buttons to press, so I'm re-rolling oracle. I played Lich/wizard on release so I wanted to try a melee class this time but it wasn't meant to be.

I usually only play evil paths but for WOTR it seems pretty obvious story-wise you should be good-aligned, so time to smite some demons with prejudice

Merged angel is strong enough to nuke/orbital strike everything to death, but there's no reason you can't be a melee powerhouse still. You're probably not going to have the highest AB of the party to kill bosses but you can easily ride around on a pet and kill 1/2 enemies per turn in melee.

such as the crystal dudes.

They are piss easy to avoid when you have a spell that reduces their dexterity - they simply die. Polar ray is the first one comes to mind.
I think you mean polar midnight. They are not immune to sneaks, fire, sonic, or acid. They can mostly be DPS down with spells, especially if you're using elemental barrage.

I used cleave on Seelah to apply Leading Strike to as many mobs as possible. It was underwhelming. It actually works better on a character with lots of attacks like Woljif. Having him, Regill, and Ashrulaee focus on a mob causes it to trigger repeatedly.

skaraher

Cipher
Merged angel is strong enough to nuke/orbital strike everything to death, but there's no reason you can't be a melee powerhouse still. You're probably not going to have the highest AB of the party to kill bosses but you can easily ride around on a pet and kill 1/2 enemies per turn in melee.
My angel crusader was a beast in melee on Core. He could have been in Unfair if I gave him a pet. :smug:

For the crystal dude they have a really low touch AC. Boost the saves of your ray caster to resist their stun and it should do the trick.

Fun trick:

Skald 1/Primalist or Barbarian 19. Inspired rage only applies +1 AB/+1 Dam as you're a level 1 Skald (though your rage from Barb/Brager still applies and makes up the difference for you personally), and all of the rage powers apply to the party as if you're a full level 20 Skald (so +6 AB/AC/etc). You still have limited uses per day as if you're level 1 Skald but Lingering Performance on its own almost takes care of that and at most you invest 1 feat in extra performances and that'll cover you enough to only need to rest once or twice a dungeon assuming you are properly microing your song.

Notably this can get you a full pet as a Mad Dog and 19 BAB (better power attack damage and slightly earlier extra attacks being the main draw here). Don't really see other great uses. Primalist makes you a pretty bad caster if for some reason you want to keep that. Kind of marginal, mirror image is the main draw but generally a pet is better. I'd guess you could do Skald 1/Primalist 1/Mad Dog 18, picking up a level 1 bloodline ability at basically no loss. 1d6 melee damage (celestial), bite attack (serpentine), or no-DC shaken on charge (undead) are options.

For the crystal dude they have a really low touch AC. Boost the saves of your ray caster to resist their stun and it should do the trick.

The context of the discussion was "things that would suck to fight if you were playing a game without buffs".

Last edited:
Huh, has this always happened?

EkJCpDz.png

Giving a pet with a gore attack a bite attack through skald rage somehow makes both the gore and the bite primary, meaning both get extra attacks from BAB.

Doesn't appear to work with shifter characters. Which is a shame, can imagine some busted amount of extra attacks with a legend 40 BAB shifter build.

Sentinel

Arcane
How should I build Camellia? Yeah she's tanky but her damage sucks. Ember seems better at debuffing, and other characters have more useful buffs (such as Haste) that Camellia can't get.

Currently my party is Mutagen Warrior PC, Camellia, Nenio (only wizard so far, fucking hate her personality), Daeran, Woljitt, & Wenduwag with throwing axes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom