Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

alcoholyte

Novice
What's so hard in Act IV? I went through most of it without having to fight. Lots of good Intimidation rolls I suppose.
Nothing really? Wrath is a fairly smooth downward difficulty curve IMO, by Act 3 the only fights that are hard are ones that you can just ignore until you're much stronger, ditto with Act 4.

Isn't devouring darkness (or w/e its called, the superboss in the underground temple with the silly AC) right at the end of act 3? Can you just leave it there and come back in act 5 and fight it then? I thought it disappeared when you left for Alushynirra

I was playing a solo arcane enforcer/other busted stuff (mostly wizard tho) and all challenge disappeared as soon as I got lich and that blood spell, but i remember that fight being a stand out

Last edited:

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Does anyone know when more of the second season pass will be released?

I was looking for that info as well but it doesn't seem to be anywhere. Maybe it's just the new version of the Kickstarter scam. Sell season pass but only release part of the DLC so people will buy it and then release the rest in like 10 years when no one cares anymore. Or pretend you'll release it for 10 years until no one cares anymore.

Axel_am

Exploring and Enjoying
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
What's so hard in Act IV? I went through most of it without having to fight. Lots of good Intimidation rolls I suppose.
Nothing really? Wrath is a fairly smooth downward difficulty curve IMO, by Act 3 the only fights that are hard are ones that you can just ignore until you're much stronger, ditto with Act 4.

Isn't devouring darkness (or w/e its called, the superboss in the underground temple with the silly AC) right at the end of act 3? Can you just leave it there and come back in act 5 and fight it then? I thought it disappeared when you left for Alushynirra

I was playing a solo arcane enforcer/other busted staff and all challenge disappeared as soon as I got lich and that blood spell, but i remember that fight being

Playful Darkness. It's an optional mini boss. Not sure if you can go back and kill it after Alushinyrra. But that's definitely a fight you can skip.

Never tried it but Google results seem to suggest you can go back to kill playful darkness in Act 4. Not sure if that includes when returning to Drezen.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Can definitely go back in Act 4 (there’s a quest that sends you there). Can’t remember if it’s still available in Act 5 (through Barracks maybe?).

I usually get it around time I do Humble Abode. There’s a stat book there so don’t want to skip entirely. Some of the mobs do disappear once you leave the first time, but not PD.

alcoholyte

Novice

I was playing a solo arcane enforcer/other busted staff and all challenge disappeared as soon as I got lich and that blood spell, but i remember that fight being

Playful Darkness. It's an optional mini boss. Not sure if you can go back and kill it after Alushinyrra. But that's definitely a fight you can skip.
Playful darkness, yes, thank you. An optional fight, true, but the optional alushynirra dragon in the rooftop was not as rough, though. I felt playing solo just made the game easier.
Wonder if you can finish it on core/unfair without pre-buffing, that might be a neat challenge, and less tedious too. But tbh the game falls off after act 4 (maybe even 3?), not sure if it's worth the bother anyway. Are any of the DLCs worth starting up a full replay?

Wonder if you can finish it on core/unfair without pre-buffing
Core probably. You can throw a good number of offensive buffs up on turn 1 and if you treat it like unfair by giving everyone Last Stand you've got enough time to finish tough fights. Alternatively you could go very hard on offensive spells which rely a lot less on buffs and can alpha strike pretty well to kill or incapacitate everything. You do have the issue being stuck with suboptimal equipment when having more than 1 DC and damage caster but Core should be lax enough that you can pull it off.

Of course, there's also stuff like kineticist which can solo the game essentially without buffs past a point.

alcoholyte

Novice
Wonder if you can finish it on core/unfair without pre-buffing
Core probably. You can throw a good number of offensive buffs up on turn 1 and if you treat it like unfair by giving everyone Last Stand you've got enough time to finish tough fights. Alternatively you could go very hard on offensive spells which rely a lot less on buffs and can alpha strike pretty well to kill or incapacitate everything. You do have the issue being stuck with suboptimal equipment when having more than 1 DC and damage caster but Core should be lax enough that you can pull it off.

Of course, there's also stuff like kineticist which can solo the game essentially without buffs past a point.

That bowling ball nonsense from kingmaker is still in? I could never figure out a fun way to play kineticist, but i'm told it pairs well with demon mythic path in this.
My solo lich run was p fun, and there wasn't much annoying cheese other than teleporting and abusing positioning. The entire first chapter was a rush man, that was the most fun part probably. The only tedious thing was the pre-buffing.
Kineticist looks like it'd be a pain in the ass, but I'm very unfamiliar with it.

Kineticist is broken without mythic paths once it gets deadly earth. Demon mythic just takes broken damage and tripping and lets you turn those hits into an infinite attack loop.

The actual hardest part for a conventional group to do unbuffed is probably something like the fear/paralyze auras random shit has, such as the crystal dudes.

scytheavatar

Scholar

Something very unusual is going on Owlcat, after the whole spyware nonsense they have been sending surveys asking how DLCs should be handed. I suspect the WOTR DLCs have not been selling as much as Owlcat hoped and they are in full panic mode, and rightfully so. Trying to treat a single player CRPG like it is Path of Exile is a dumbfuck idea and never is going to work. It will not surprise me if the rest of the second season pass gets substandard quality and released quietly as Owlcat tries to cut their losses.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA

Something very unusual is going on Owlcat, after the whole spyware nonsense they have been sending surveys asking how DLCs should be handed. I suspect the WOTR DLCs have not been selling as much as Owlcat hoped and they are in full panic mode, and rightfully so. Trying to treat a single player CRPG like it is Path of Exile is a dumbfuck idea and never is going to work. It will not surprise me if the rest of the second season pass gets substandard quality and released quietly as Owlcat tries to cut their losses.
What Varnhold expansion did right for Kingmaker was to tie it into the main story, and I'm a bit surprised if Shifter dlc didn't sell well, and the sidestory dlc was well received.

I see it the other way. The survey (at least the one I saw) was almost entirely about whether future DLCs should be integrated into the main game like Sarkorians was, asked in about 10 different ways. My guess is that Sarkorians sold notably better than previous DLC and they are considering whether to change their plans and make more integrated DLC rather than separate campaigns.

First run. Is "Playful Darkness" name a metaphor for rape? It certainly recreates what happened to my party.

Playful refers to the touch attacks you need to hit him.

should i stick with cavalier or take 1 lvl and the rest something else?

IMO cavalier is a bad class that takes way to long to get its best abilities. Extra charge multiplier at level 20 is way too late, should be a centerpiece of the class gotten early. Until then other full BAB classes with pets (Demonslayer, Paladin, Sohei, Mad Dog) all can do as much or more damage on the charge and even after it they have way more other things that benefit them when not charging.

I'm not sure what you're interested in 1 level of cavalier for. The teamwork feat he can use for 3 rounds once per day? It's really kind of meh. The only great teamwork feat you want ASAP is outflank but you want it all the time, don't want to spend a whole standard action to grant it to allies (e.g. for fights you can't prebuff), and everyone is going to get outflank at level 5/7 anyway. Main reason I'd dip 1 level cavalier is as Beast Rider to get a better pet (Boar for me) on the classes that are limited to worse pets normally.

Last edited:
Mutation Warrior won't level the pet. You can take 4 with boon companion feat but any more and your pet will fall behind. Mutation Warrior 5 is a justifiable loss for weapon training though. If you do this then you won't want to combine it with another class that gets a pet at -4 class levels (e.g. Demonslayer), although I think all of those options get full pet selection and wouldn't need Beast Rider 1 anyway.

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
should i stick with cavalier or take 1 lvl and the rest something else?
If you care about charging, 3 levels with Order of Cockatrice are generally a sweet spot.
You get +2 AB on Charge, negate the AC penalty, get free Dazzling Display and +2 AB vs Shaken enemies. Plus a bonus Teamwork or 2 feats in case of Gendarme.

I rather like Sanctified Slayer 16 / Gendarme 3 / Sohei 1 for example.
Of course, its a bit more complicated then a straight Cavalier.

razvedchiki

Magister
its more of roleplaying reasons, i would like to fight mounted but i want to dismount indoors. mounted combat doesnt seem to be fleshed out at all, there could be made so much with it.

Axel_am

Exploring and Enjoying
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
its more of roleplaying reasons, i would like to fight mounted but i want to dismount indoors. mounted combat doesnt seem to be fleshed out at all, there could be made so much with it.

Minor spoilers ahead. If you want to do some mount roleplaying you can go Azata mythic path for a dragon which you can ride.

Axel_am

Exploring and Enjoying
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I was revolting at what my crusade was turning into after I picked the Azatha path. But what can I say - the hippies slowly grew on me. When it was all over I did not regret picking that MP at all.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous/posts/3890388

Physical rewards shipping: now by a ship, literally​

Hello, Pathfinders!

We are a bit late with this update, because summer is a vacation time for a lot of people, and it took us some time to gather all the information from our long chain of contacts.

Unfortunately, the news we have is not good. As you remember, we were preparing to ship all the rewards from Armenia, where one of our offices is located. Meanwhile, we were in negotiations with local shipping companies, which seemed to be going well. We’ve finished packing everything, and we were really excited that finally, after all the issues with logistics, we are doing it—delivering what we promised to you. However, when it came to actually shipping, the final rates of the local companies ended up being higher than the production costs. That was a bit of a shock, to put it lightly.

Thankfully, that’s when Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader, our upcoming game, lent us some aid. The company that handles both production and logistics of Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader rewards stepped up and offered us help with shipping worldwide. All we need to do is to deliver the shipping container with all the rewards to one of their European warehouses. There are some challenges with that route as well, but we believe we’ll be able to arrange it by putting everything on a ship. So, we’ll be shipping your rewards by the sea, like captain Lann has always dreamt, arrg!

We are really sorry for another delay. We understand how you must feel. These constant obstacles and inconveniences have exhausted us as well, but we don’t give up. We’ll get the rewards to you, we promise! Right now, we are in the process of organizing the container delivery to our partners, who then will ship individual parcels to you. Hopefully this won’t take a lot of time, because we already completed most of the preparations when we planned to ship via Armenia. We will share more details in our next update.

Love, Owlcats

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom