Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

skaraher

Cipher
1691163120-owlcatwriting2.jpg

What can change the nature of a waifu ? :mca:

I rejected her and went for the superior queen romance. :drink:

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Ahh, OK. It's the hallway with like 40 enemies that just keep coming? Last time I did that I had Nenio with like 50 effective weird DC so it was a bit trivial. Maybe hard if you didn't have AoE but nowhere near the hardest fights in the game IMO, no enemies with horrifically high DC spells you need to shrug off.
The stun on Weird even on made save seems kind of gratuitous. Even 50 effective DC is no guarantee of success.

Unfair Abode Nenio Weird.jpg

AC above 60
Those are rookie numbers.

Unfair Abode Reg Dimensional Hop.jpg

Last edited:
I'd have to look again, but I think that value was the touch armor. That's an issue because it makes touch spells a problem for my casters. My whole party was on the balcony. Regill and Woljif were switched to bows. They helped Aru kill whatever wasn't CC'ed of various priority. Everything else below fell to the killing fields of CC and DoT. Third time was the charm.

Desiderius

Patron
Regill and Woljif were switched to bows.
What are you even doing? See above pic. The whole point of DEX-based is being able to mix it up mano-a-mano. Brilliant Energy effects are very nice for stuff with high regular AC (unlike in P:K where most high AC came from Natural Armor).

Nenio 19 Polar Ray vs Mephisto.jpg

This is Nenio from around that time. A couple bonuses from mods but 48 AB should be enough to hit about anything with Touch if you're debuffing stuff properly. And this is without Hearth yet.

Unfair Abode Opening Van Aeon18.jpg

MC taking out Gallu at opening of fight. Chainmail of Dragonfly Insight bonus is +2 for team and stacks.

Unfair Abode Seelah opener.jpg

This is Seelah going after the boss to turn on Fighting Defensively and Combat Expertise AC. As a Pal she also has high saves for whatever nonsense they throw at her. Notice massive Brilliant Energy bonus from Divine Weapon Bond.

Unfair Abode Bulwark Indomitable.jpg

Bulwark inherent DR keeping Lann's mount alive, and Indomitable Mount Feat making the save for him.

Unfair Abode Sosiel whacking Gallu.jpg

Sosiel getting in on the action since his Divine Power is up to +6 now and it lets him use his perma-advantage ability.

Unfair Abode Van Aeon weird crit.jpg

MC cleaning up the ambush in the rear (notice Seelah in position to tank them again). Those damage packets have been fixed but still would be solid without and could use a better bow.

Unfair Abode Bismuth doing work with Trip.jpg

Don't know why Bismuth gets a Trip. Ranking up UMD paying off with the Divine Favor scroll.

Unfair Abode Lann Nomad Crit.jpg

Nomad Lann taking out the trash. He paid the full Feat tax TTT requires to get Full Attack with Mount move.

Unfair Abode Nenio Persistent Putrefaction.jpg

Persistent meta coming through on Phantasmal Putrefaction/Web. Very solid go to CC for Nenio.

Unfair Abode Finish.jpg

Eventually got bored with Aeon Vanguard MC destroying everything.

I used dimension door to elevate myself out of range of the multitude of melee threats. Instead of being surrounded by enemies on all sides, I'm was only threatened by a fraction of the ranged ones. Furthermore, if I'm bathing the ground level with AoE damage and CC because that's where 3/4 of the enemies are located, why would I isolate my two melee characters into that soup of death?

Desiderius

Patron
What soup of death?

Get your AC up. That’s what DEX is for. Win initiative. Play to the strengths of your companions.

Seelah tanks back room (with Weird support) while you’re clearing the front (especially Gallus). Only hit I took was the Gallu on Lann’s Mount.

Reg used Dimensional Hop (from Travel Domain via Godclaw abilities) to effectively Pounce the one guy Weird didn’t neutralize.

Main difficulty of fight is mind/fear immunity of Slaves so can’t easily neutralize with Nenio’s CC. Have to burn them down with damage, which is why I had Sosiel fighting which is something I rarely had to.

Adds in the back are not mind-immune so easy to tie up if you need more time on the main force.

skaraher

Cipher
Did for the first time the Good ending of Ember quest and it's even worse than I thought. I guess the game can't even decide what to do with demon, the idea of evil and alignment. + Talk no jutsu is especially irritating when it's no well written.

Like Ember is saying "Yeah this war is kinda pointless, just go home and be good", "you're all good people pushed to do bad thing". It's like a very dumbed down and warped version of Rousseau philosophy and Christianity, but understood through the lens of a fat 21st century Russian SJW-Neckbeard. A Neckbeard whose ignorance seems to extend to the realm of womenfolk interaction, as it is the same writer for the Arueshalae character.

Also his writing isn't even coherent among his different characters. Ember's arc undermines the whole relevance of Arueshalae arc. Why need a goddess intervention and brainwashing to make a Succubus sees thing from a mortal perspective while you just needed to tell a bunch of demons violence is kinda pointless ?

Last edited:
I've been in the busted phase since ML5, but since I got to ML6 it's even more spectacular. I took sorcerous reflexes because I'm no longer resource constrained. My Level 0 Burning Hands is also quite fearsome now. It's still 4 mythic levels from full strength but I dump an average of 131 damage per cast, which I can do twice in the first round. Even more when I have Sense Vitals up. Theoretically I should be able to get it to do 75-296 97-328 per cast at ML10 or 97-348 if Empowered. Not that it will be relevant anyway. This is just an exercise on what I can get out of a Level 1 spell at this point. At ML7 I will double my spell book. Ray spells are also completely out of hand. They were always good, but now that I have Aspect of the Asp to add, one cast of (a level 1) Scorching Ray fills up the full expanded combat log with all of the damage it produces. Deleting Balors with a single level 1 spell slot has a certain charm to it. It's all steamroll now, but I don't mind. Trickster was a late payoff mythic path. I had to wait until Act 4 to get the power fantasy really going. Now that I'm in Act 5 and the game is a bit long in tooth, steamroll is kind of welcome.

Last edited:

Mauman

Scholar
Did for the first time the Good ending of Ember quest and it's even worse than I thought. I guess the game can't even decide what to do with demon, the idea of evil and alignment. + Talk no jutsu is especially irritating when it's no well written.

Like Ember is saying "Yeah this war is kinda pointless, just go home and be good", "you're all good people pushed to do bad thing". It's like a very dumbed down and warped version of Rousseau philosophy and Christianity, but understood through the lens of a fat 21st century Russian SJW-Neckbeard. A Neckbeard whose ignorance seems to extend to the realm of womenfolk interaction, as it is the same writer for the Arueshalae character.

Also his writing isn't even coherent among his different characters. Ember's arc undermines the whole relevance of Arueshalae arc. Why need a goddess intervention and brainwashing to make a Succubus sees thing from a mortal perspective while you just needed to tell a bunch of demons violence is kinda pointless ?
Technically she's brainwashing with divine power as well, even if she'd refute that or is ignorant of it.

That stupid bird.

Regardless, it's still incredibly stupid.

skaraher

Cipher
Act 5 do drag on a lot. Ulbrig's quest was... meh. Not terrible, but a bit pointless and not really interesting. The final recompense is really strong, but at that point of the game you're already pretty much invincible.

I tried messing around with Legend. What a pain in the ass to get it. I discovered that I get to retain my first Mythic Ability and Feat, which is intriguing. Elemental Barrage and d8 Sneak dice. I also get to retain my spellbook as is. That means all of the spells I altered with Completely Normal Spell are still kept. The things most fundamental aspects of my build are largely intact, I just cannot change them. When it comes down to it, the outcomes are very close to equivalent. I lose Atheletics, but I get tons of saves and BAB from class levels. I lose UMD III, but I get +20 levels of a spellcasters classes, and a CL +8 greater than trickster. So it's mostly infinite wand loss, not even any spell slots. I lose Stealth II, but I have so many spell slots that's not really an issue. I lose the profane gift, but I get +6 stat boost. I lose Trickery dispels, but I now have superior dispelling from Caster Level 28. Then there is Persuasion II/III loss. That one is really good. I have TTT installed so it's really good without being auto win. It not only Frightens enemies, but it lowers their SR by 10, their saves, and BAB. So now the dispelling is also equivalent again. At a glance, it looks like raw power might favor Legend, but convenience features favor trickster. I really like Sorcerous Reflex. Infinite wands is pretty damn good. Would have loved it sooner, but it's still great. Don't knock infinite wands. Heal, Lesser Restoration, Good Hope, Improved Invisibility, Haste, Enervation, and Animate Dead. Even at the broken tiers of late mythic, these things are still awesomely powerful. I'm going to lose a lot of time screwing around with builds before I make my choice. Kind of annoying, so close to the end. I'll probably just leave it be and stay Trickster.

scytheavatar

Scholar
I tried messing around with Legend. What a pain in the ass to get it. I discovered that I get to retain my first Mythic Ability and Feat, which is intriguing. Elemental Barrage and d8 Sneak dice. I also get to retain my spellbook as is. That means all of the spells I altered with Completely Normal Spell are still kept. The things most fundamental aspects of my build are largely intact, I just cannot change them. When it comes down to it, the outcomes are very close to equivalent. I lose Atheletics, but I get tons of saves and BAB from class levels. I lose UMD III, but I get +20 levels of a spellcasters classes, and a CL +8 greater than trickster. So it's mostly infinite wand loss, not even any spell slots. I lose Stealth II, but I have so many spell slots that's not really an issue. I lose the profane gift, but I get +6 stat boost. I lose Trickery dispels, but I now have superior dispelling from Caster Level 28. Then there is Persuasion II/III loss. That one is really good. I have TTT installed so it's really good without being auto win. It not only Frightens enemies, but it lowers their SR by 10, their saves, and BAB. So now the dispelling is also equivalent again. At a glance, it looks like raw power might favor Legend, but convenience features favor trickster. I really like Sorcerous Reflex. Infinite wands is pretty damn good. Would have loved it sooner, but it's still great. Don't knock infinite wands. Heal, Lesser Restoration, Good Hope, Improved Invisibility, Haste, Enervation, and Animate Dead. Even at the broken tiers of late mythic, these things are still awesomely powerful. I'm going to lose a lot of time screwing around with builds before I make my choice. Kind of annoying, so close to the end. I'll probably just leave it be and stay Trickster.

Once you reach mythic level 9, you gain access to Trick Fate. That by itself is far more powerful than anything you can gain with Legend.

I ended up fighting the Trickster Council at what is presumably the end of the Trickster path. There was an option to continue with the plan, but I didn't bother. It never interested me. The trick was on them! Fight a crowd of Level 35-38 extraplanar beings with about 750HP each and saves in the mid 40s wasn't really that hard. I ended up beating them with DC casting, rather than blasting, or melee. Regill died, but death is of no consequence at this point and hasn't been for some time. Everyone else was mostly unscathed.

I'm now ML9. I like the path features, and some of the things you can do to people in the main plot, but the path itself was entirely dissatisfying. I stuck with it out of necessity. It also develops way too late. I doubt I'll ever do it again. It is nice being ascendant though. I think people who cranked this game up to Unfair did themselves a disservice. I think things are supposed to become steamroll once you get over the hump of Act IV.

Mauman

Scholar
I ended up fighting the Trickster Council at what is presumably the end of the Trickster path. There was an option to continue with the plan, but I didn't bother. It never interested me. The trick was on them! Fight a crowd of Level 35-38 extraplanar beings with about 750HP each and saves in the mid 40s wasn't really that hard. I ended up beating them with DC casting, rather than blasting, or melee. Regill died, but death is of no consequence at this point and hasn't been for some time. Everyone else was mostly unscathed.

I'm now ML9. I like the path features, and some of the things you can do to people in the main plot, but the path itself was entirely dissatisfying. I stuck with it out of necessity. It also develops way too late. I doubt I'll ever do it again. It is nice being ascendant though. I think people who cranked this game up to Unfair did themselves a disservice. I think things are supposed to become steamroll once you get over the hump of Act IV.

You missed an opportunity to knock Nocticula down a dozen well deserved pegs. The closest she gets to Karmic justice in this game. Especially if you do Ember's quest where
she gets everything she wants with no downsides (ultimate karma houdini status)

Axel_am

Exploring and Enjoying
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Just finished it. A colossus of a game. Can't believe I still want to play after an already spent 120hrs+.
Great achievement by Owlcat. A bit lackluster in the polishing department but I've played much worse and not so many better. Credit where credit is due.

All of the cultists and blood got me even more amped up for Rogue Trader. I only hope they don't fuck it up.

Everybody is complaining about Nenio but she was fun to be around, unlike Ember. People even complained of the Abyss. Just goes to show you that people know nothing about nothing.

Tell me about the DLC guys. It looks a little bit gay, but is it fun to play is all I'm asking? Is it a good enough of a reason for a new playthrough?

Can anyone make a comment on the difficultly. I'd like to play on Core, but my previous experience with Pathfinder tells me not to. I don't feel like spending 10hrs into the campaign just to realize I have to begin it anew. Normal felt pretty normal. I didn't use any save-scumming, guides or min-maxing tactics when playing and the whole Crusade was pretty smooth.

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
Tell me about the DLC guys. It looks a little bit gay, but is it fun to play is all I'm asking? Is it a good enough of a reason for a new playthrough?
It depends if you try out the new class. The new companion is good and it's add to the game seamless. It's on par with the tiefling sister from Kingmaker, from what i played.

I used the new Class and was everything i wanted from a Shifter.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Just finished it. A colossus of a game. Can't believe I still want to play after an already spent 120hrs+.
Great achievement by Owlcat. A bit lackluster in the polishing department but I've played much worse and not so many better. Credit where credit is due.

All of the cultists and blood got me even more amped up for Rogue Trader. I only hope they don't fuck it up.

Everybody is complaining about Nenio but she was fun to be around, unlike Ember. People even complained of the Abyss. Just goes to show you that people know nothing about nothing.

Can anyone make a comment on the difficultly. I'd like to play on Core, but my previous experience with Pathfinder tells me not to. I don't feel like spending 10hrs into the campaign just to realize I have to begin it anew. Normal felt pretty normal. I didn't use any save-scumming, guides or min-maxing tactics when playing and the whole Crusade was pretty smooth.

Core is definitely harder than normal, and you do have to keep an eye on combat effectiveness, it it's doable if you're a bit cautious, and it's the last stop where you can still afford to think of a character as a person in the virtual world to some extent, with at least a little bit of flavour and fluff - as opposed to a streamlined machine built to weather attacks from RNGeesus, which is what you need for the higher difficulties (basically, on the higher difficulties most characters will have to end up as muscle-bound morons with halitosis, hyper-charismatic but stupid weaklings, etc., etc. :) )

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Starting on Core and kicking it up when things get too easy works well. If they don't you can just stay on Core.

I think people who cranked this game up to Unfair did themselves a disservice. I think things are supposed to become steamroll once you get over the hump of Act IV.

We were steamrolling Unfair by then.

Axel_am

Exploring and Enjoying
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
What's so hard in Act IV? I went through most of it without having to fight. Lots of good Intimidation rolls I suppose.

gurugeorge I was really surprised to see how strong my Kinght Commander was getting. When I started playing I didn't suspect a thing of the levels of powers my Knight Commander was about to obtain. Didn't see anything similar to this in my playthrough of Kingmaker. Tho I'm sure min-maxing is valid there aswell.

Last edited:

Core is the point where you need to start thinking about class synergy a bit, boosting AB/AC/saves with characters that can stack different kinds of bonuses. If you have, say, a bard with their song and a cleric with guarded hearth then you need to realize the bard's AB boost is useless vs. bosses since guarded hearth will override it. Hence why Skald is basically a universally better bard. There's nothing wrong with enabling character retraining or dropping difficulty down mid game though.

Inevitable Excess is meh, designed to let players use their broken level 20 MR 10 abilities.
Through the Ashes is meh, low level thing but its a bit too low for the sweet spot where many classes start to come online.
Midnight isles is roguelike, adds more powerful items if you do it during campaign (and tons of XP). Though only the standalone version is randomized.
Sarkorians adds a new character with a new class (pretty powerful full BAB one). Also adds a lot of powerful items and XP with a few new areas and quests. Definitely the best DLC to get,

We were steamrolling Unfair by then.
Yeah if you're building well its almost impossible not to be steamrolling whatever difficulty you got through act 1/2 with by act 4/5.

What's so hard in Act IV? I went through most of it without having to fight. Lots of good Intimidation rolls I suppose.
Nothing really? Wrath is a fairly smooth downward difficulty curve IMO, by Act 3 the only fights that are hard are ones that you can just ignore until you're much stronger, ditto with Act 4.

Axel_am

Exploring and Enjoying
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
True, most of the challenges I had were the ones I arrived too early at.

DLCs don't sound bad at all actually. I can spam Midnight Isles to boost up my character with some XP, yes? But what's this SpyWare bullshit I'm reading all over the Steam comments. Wasn't that like a one time patch that they immediately removed from the game?

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

gurugeorge I was really surprised to see how strong my Kinght Commander was getting. When I started playing I didn't suspect a thing of the levels of powers my Knight Commander was about to obtain. Didn't see anything similar to this in my playthrough of Kingmaker. Tho I'm sure min-maxing is valid there aswell.

Well the Mythic powers are an extra layer of superdoubleplusgoodness added on top of the normal D&D/Pathfinder type of level progression so that you can cope with mega demons. There's nothing like that in Kingmaker, you have to be content with just being godly in the last few levels :)

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Does anyone know when more of the second season pass will be released?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom