Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC coming June 13th

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
You can always pick a martial class then pick angel/lich? My first lich playthrough was an invulnarable rager that stacked -\DR. Made hell of tank with OK damage capabilities.

Also my Azata was Mad Dog/Gendarme, had really fun with it even with buggy charge at the release.

can you stack good enough dr?

Yeah, if I remember right I was near 30 when entering Midnight Fane for the first time. Also full immune to sneak attacks and critical strikes. Also a sword and board build with lots of attacks (including a powerful headbut from demonic way mythic) that heal very well with vampiric blade.

Effectively "soloed" act 4 and 5. Only got 2 buffbots with me, skeletal bard and Nenio.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ok.
images (21).jpeg

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I installed it and ran it, picked the low level DLC as the first game's low level adventure DLC was better than the base game and tried to save after character creation.
After a couple of minutes, the saving process still running, I closed that garbage and hit the uninstall.exe.

It was almost fun.

That's what happens when you leave behind all the programmers whom knows what they're doing when leaving Nival.
I doubt Owlrat could copy/paste a snake game code for calculators without messing it up.

Sarathiour

Cipher
all the programmers whom knows what they're doing when leaving Nival

Huh, I did not knew that they were a link between Nival and Owlcat.
Well figures, they probably aren't that much decent programmer/designer around who are also russian.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Well, my only real gripe with the system is the sad lack of balance (dominance of caster generals, alpha strike strategy, brain-dead spamming dwellings in every fort leading to huge numeric advantage, clear cut "best" upgrade paths - and lots of trash-tier units, including pathetic "mythic" stacks and generally inferior 80% of "mercenary" units).

ArchAngel

Arcane
Well, my only real gripe with the system is the sad lack of balance (dominance of caster generals, alpha strike strategy, brain-dead spamming dwellings in every fort leading to huge numeric advantage, clear cut "best" upgrade paths - and lots of trash-tier units, including pathetic "mythic" stacks and generally inferior 80% of "mercenary" units).
Not to mention global spells that give you free units. And lack to ability to actually lose troops and need to wait for more to spawn.
They fucked it up when they made it into a HoMM lite but that does not work unless you go full HoMM. Better if they did Disciples like combat with less useless units.

As it presented zero challenge it was always just a chore to do.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Not to mention global spells that give you free units. And lack to ability to actually lose troops and need to wait for more to spawn.
They fucked it up when they made it into a HoMM lite but that does not work unless you go full HoMM. Better if they did Disciples like combat with less useless units.

As it presented zero challenge it was always just a chore to do.
I generally agree, but wouldn't call it a 100% chore. More like missed potential to be solid.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom