Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Is it intended that those spectres in Wintersun give almost 10k XP a piece? They're going to give me an entire level at this rate.

Rieser

Scholar
Is it intended that those spectres in Wintersun give almost 10k XP a piece? They're going to give me an entire level at this rate.
That explains how I hit the next level like 30 minutes after the last. Was wondering what the hell happened.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
That explains how I hit the next level like 30 minutes after the last. Was wondering what the hell happened.

It's really weird and as enemies they are shit design. Seems totally out of place with the insane xp amounts

Tsubutai

Educated
Yes, that is something that was done deliberately. They used to give no xp when killed and people complained about it, so owlcat wildly overcompensated.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
AGxOXEU.png

holyshit-jurassic-park.gif
Been bugged since Alpha.

Shortbows have the same dice as long for Lann but the range matters too and Delamere's Bow has Holy + Entangle. Shortbow has a nice one for Mounted Combat later, but Longbow better otherwise I think. I'll have Wend on Shortbow and Aru on Long.
Shortbows kind of suffer from being the "cheaper" option which is not really a factor after level 3 (in terms of PnP, in WOTR you get showered with mundane loot at second level anyway). It would be neat if Snap Shot got 5 extra feet of range with shortbows or something, to emphasize that they are easier to handle than longbows.
Range is the biggest difference, so Shortbow is fine for Mounted Archer (Keshik bows were relatively short). Making the main Shortbow (early Ch 4 drop) Mounted specific is nice design.

Now that Magic Weapon, Greater isn’t stacking Shortbows get a big advantage since the +3 shows up much sooner (after Vesc Queen). You can get a vanilla +3 Long if you blow up a side quest way early but that’s not really worth it I don’t think. Can usually get Eye for an Eye a couple weeks in to ch 3, but Hunter’s Assurance is fine.

Last edited:

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
Composite shortbows should have been same damage dice as composite longbows. It is also completely nonsensical that shortbows are cheaper option when it is more difficult making a shortbow than a longbow, particularly composite shortbows took expensive materials and years to craft in reality. I was playing a shortbow slayer just for the aesthetics and 1d per hit doesn't matter much in grand scheme of things but the game still suffers from lack of enough uniques.

Unfortunately I don't think a mounted shortbow "horse archer" character works. I suspect however a cavalier alternative who uses shortbows between charges might.

Desiderius

Patron
Composite shortbows should have been same damage dice as composite longbows. It is also completely nonsensical that shortbows are cheaper option when it is more difficult making a shortbow than a longbow, particularly composite shortbows were took expensive materials and years to craft in reality. I was playing a shortbow slayer just for the aesthetics and 1d per hit doesn't matter much in grand scheme of things but the game still suffers from lack of enough uniques.

Unfortunately I don't think a mounted shortbow "horse archer" character works. I suspect however a cavalier alternative who uses shortbows between charges might.
Works great. Nomad is ideal, but can do any class that can get Point Blank Master. Charge with the Mount puts archer in good position for Snap Shots and Full Attacks.

Sohei doesn’t get PBM but should be fine using the Mount for defense and positioning with Flurry on the Bow.

Yes, that is something that was done deliberately. They used to give no xp when killed and people complained about it, so owlcat wildly overcompensated.
Originally super opaque what intended play pattern was and rewards even if you figured it out were shit. On the other hand having another level under your belt for Fane (and maybe Blackwater) should smooth out difficulty curve. In game DLC stuff probably overdid that too.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Originally super opaque what intended play pattern was and rewards even if you figured it out were shit. On the otger hand having another level under your belt for Fane (and maybe Blackwater) should smooth out difficulty curve. In game DLC stuff probably overdid that too.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Eye for an Eye works fine now, I used it in my current run - +1d12 on each shot. There is only one minor issue with it - extra damage is applied against DR separately, but since it is +3 weapon, at least it hits through DR/Cold Iron, and with Covenant it hits through DR/Good.
Still, it is not the best bow for Chapter 3 - this would be the Holy Speed Composite Shortbow + 3 in the Drezen's shop. Alas, all other good endgame bows are Long.
And Greater Magic Weapon still stacks with item's basic bonus, TT Tweaks overwrites it together with Magical Vestment, but only one of them was brought to PnP version in the mod-clear game.

Edit: There is surprisingly good bow in some trash container of the first part of the DLC 3 in main campaign - Evil Outsider Bane Composite Longbow +1, that under Greater Magic Weapon spell acts as +7(!) weapon against the demons, compensating for the lack of Crusader's Edge on the range weapons. They have also patched in alignment restriction for good-only to the Delamere's Bow, so Lann can't use it now.
...and Delamere herself can't use her own bow now, if you did a bad bad thing to her corpse.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Thx for the update. Deleting erroneous info. Guess I’ll shut up on game specific info until I get back to ch 3 since I’m now out of date.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Lich took her because she is Evil, CN Trickster took her because why the fuck not. Angel took Lann who was later replaced by A-nime waifu.

Sorcerer Lich was Lawful Evil. A tyrant that demanded absolute obedience from his minio-uh, I mean, Companions and tolerated no dissent. Someone that gives you advance notice of planning to betray you is immediately placed right on top of the shit list.
Bard Azata was Chaotic Good. Obviously, Wendu luring members of her own tribe to be corrupted and enslaved by a Demon immediately earned her a death sentence.
Monster Tactician Aeon was a devout servant of the Law. Demons are agents of Chaos and must be destroyed. Those who willingly serve Demons are likewise agents of Chaos and must also be destroyed. Simple as.
I was doing LE Wizard Lich, he acted on actions of others, not thoughts. He didn't care what you were thinking as long as you were obeying commands. Wenduag didn't cheat on him. As a result she was only non Undead in the party.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Eye for an Eye works fine now, I used it in my current run - +1d12 on each shot. There is only one minor issue with it - extra damage is applied against DR separately, but since it is +3 weapon, at least it hits through DR/Cold Iron, and with Covenant it hits through DR/Good.
Still, it is not the best bow for Chapter 3 - this would be the Holy Speed Composite Shortbow + 3 in the Drezen's shop. Alas, all other good endgame bows are Long.
And Greater Magic Weapon still stacks with item's basic bonus, TT Tweaks overwrites it together with Magical Vestment, but only one of them was brought to PnP version in the mod-clear game.

Edit: There is surprisingly good bow in some trash container of the first part of the DLC 3 in main campaign - Evil Outsider Bane Composite Longbow +1, that under Greater Magic Weapon spell acts as +7(!) weapon against the demons, compensating for the lack of Crusader's Edge on the range weapons. They have also patched in alignment restriction for good-only to the Delamere's Bow, so Lann can't use it now.
...and Delamere herself can't use her own bow now, if you did a bad bad thing to her corpse.
I didn't find this bow yet in DLC3, probably another RNG item. Just like I didn't find the mirror item in my current run that gives Wis bonus to attack and AC. Just when I was building one of my characters around it.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I didn't find this bow yet in DLC3, probably another RNG item. Just like I didn't find the mirror item in my current run that gives Wis bonus to attack and AC.
There is no RNG in main campaign's version of the DLC 3, from what I saw, but there are a lot of Perception checks for hidden doors/containers. I still hadn't played second and third parts of the integrated version (because those bugmakers broke it two weeks ago and only fixed it yesterday), but I've killed both bosses that were carrying Mirror + Cloak uber combo in rogue-like and both items were replaced with a different loot in the main game. So now my suspicion that Mirror + Cloak hadn't made it into the campaign is stronger than ever, but I still need to make sure with my own eyes.

user

Savant
Dafuq, never noticed this guy before and found him on my demon run in CH3. He sells end-game stuff, like the KM artisan masterpiece perfection and the thundering claw of the bear god.
Initial dialog was:

hygJcYk.png

PDj9Fgd.png

Edit: Wtf reloaded again, went to the delights like before, and he is not there.

Also can't seem to find anything on google about him and wrath wtf have I finally gone insane?

Last edited:

Ghulgothas

Arcane
I think you've triggered part of an as-of-yet unannounced or cut Critical Role crossover event in your save through sheer serendipity.

The dataminers ought to stop bothering, they've no purpose when fragments of future content manifests in people's saves in defiance of this game's programming.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
Dafuq, never noticed this guy before and found him on my demon run in CH3. He sells end-game stuff, like the KM artisan masterpiece perfection and the thundering claw of the bear god.
Initial dialog was:

hygJcYk.png

PDj9Fgd.png

Edit: Wtf reloaded again, went to the delights like before, and he is not there.

Also can't seem to find anything on google about him and wrath wtf have I finally gone insane?
What the fuck?

Yosharian

Arcane
Does anyone have a Demon save file outside the Threshold dungeon? I need one to do some testing for this Shapeshifter build

Yosharian

Arcane
What the fuck? Demon spells automatically use CHA and will not use any other mental stat?

This is fucking DUMB WHAT THE HELL

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom