Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Wenduag just suggested we put some rando child cleric into a bubble of furs and let him slowcook, while describing his agony in detail - which was just the culmination of a series of such suggestions...
I don't remember that, but it's probably a cleric of an evil god right? Turnabout is fair play.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Wenduag just suggested we put some rando child cleric into a bubble of furs and let him slowcook, while describing his agony in detail - which was just the culmination of a series of such suggestions...
I don't remember that, but it's probably a cleric of an evil god right? Turnabout is fair play.

No, quite the opposite. It's the poor cleric kid in the Temple of the Good Hunt. Her justification is his "betrayal", but that's not really the point, the point is how comically explicit it is. This game has a real fetish for explicit evil. It's like it thinks that the more explicit some act is, the more it succeeds in depicting evil. I don't mind it most of the time, it's a game about demons so hey, you know, it's got a Book of Vile Darkness vibe which is fun in the kitsch sort of way. But with the companions it's a little comical

Lambach

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
No, quite the opposite. It's the poor cleric kid in the Temple of the Good Hunt. Her justification is his "betrayal"

So a character that openly says she'll turn on you if she meets a stronger master to serve is morally outraged at that kid's "betrayal", huh?

At some point you have to wonder if the writers were intentionally trying to portray her as a hypocrite or if they're just shitty writers.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
No, quite the opposite. It's the poor cleric kid in the Temple of the Good Hunt. Her justification is his "betrayal"

So a character that openly says she'll turn on you if she meets a stronger master to serve is morally outraged at that kid's "betrayal", huh?

At some point you have to wonder if the writers were intentionally trying to portray her as a hypocrite or if they're just shitty writers.

That critcism kindda backfires - they give you the explicit option to confront her with that very fact and her answer is true to her nature and own reasoning - if not very logical.

Lambach

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
That critcism kindda backfires - they give you the explicit option to confront her with that very fact and her answer is true to her nature and own reasoning - if not very logical.

I've gone with Lann in 3/3 of my playthroughs because I just couldn't think of a logical reason from a LARP-ing perspective as to why any of my 3 Characters would want her in the Party, so the only heart-to-heart I've had with her was when she was bleeding out. Her reasoning was mostly just mad raving, tbh. Definitely sounds like either a character intentionally written to be completely psycho and brain-broken or just poorly written.

Guess I'll have to finally check her out in playthrough #4, which is going to be a Demon. Should def make her happy.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

I've gone with Lann in 3/3 of my playthroughs because I just couldn't think of a logical reason from a LARP-ing perspective as to why any of my 3 Characters would want her in the Party, so the only heart-to-heart I've had with her was when she was bleeding out. Her reasoning was mostly just mad raving, tbh. Definitely sounds like either a character intentionally written to be completely psycho and brain-broken or just poorly written.

Guess I'll have to finally check her out in playthrough #4, which is going to be a Demon. Should def make her happy.

She's not a very good companion (at least so far), but she's not retardedly written (this was just an example of how they actually take stuff like that into consideration). She's just very one-note and unlike all the demon-stuff which is intentionally kitsch with it's over-the-top EVUL, she's played straight, which doesn't gel well with her somewhat comical evilness.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

Same.

Since my MC is a Tiefling Dragonheir going with the Spiderchick made sense, and so does her quest arc if you start out with her.

Camellia on the other hand (especially since you've already got one cannibal companion) is written out of pure resentment of the hot chick.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
AGxOXEU.png

holyshit-jurassic-park.gif

ArchAngel

Arcane

Lich took her because she is Evil, CN Trickster took her because why the fuck not (also fucked her until she changed). Angel took Lann who was later replaced by A-nime waifu.

Lambach

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Lich took her because she is Evil, CN Trickster took her because why the fuck not. Angel took Lann who was later replaced by A-nime waifu.

Sorcerer Lich was Lawful Evil. A tyrant that demanded absolute obedience from his minio-uh, I mean, Companions and tolerated no dissent. Someone that gives you advance notice of planning to betray you is immediately placed right on top of the shit list.
Bard Azata was Chaotic Good. Obviously, Wendu luring members of her own tribe to be corrupted and enslaved by a Demon immediately earned her a death sentence.
Monster Tactician Aeon was a devout servant of the Law. Demons are agents of Chaos and must be destroyed. Those who willingly serve Demons are likewise agents of Chaos and must also be destroyed. Simple as.

Desiderius

Patron
Been bugged since Alpha.

Shortbows have the same dice as long for Lann but the range matters too and Delamere's Bow has Holy + Entangle. Shortbow has a nice one for Mounted Combat later, but Longbow better otherwise I think. I'll have Wend on Shortbow and Aru on Long.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I need to find a permanent solution to swarms in this caster-light party. Tick swarms in Ash Giant cave cost me 5 Horrid Wilting scrolls :lol:

Yosharian

Arcane

She's not a very good companion (at least so far), but she's not retardedly written (this was just an example of how they actually take stuff like that into consideration). She's just very one-note and unlike all the demon-stuff which is intentionally kitsch with it's over-the-top EVUL, she's played straight, which doesn't gel well with her somewhat comical evilness.
Wenduag seems more of an LE-friendly choice rather than CE - Camellia is the better fit for a CE character from what I can tell

Desiderius

Patron
I need to find a permanent solution to swarms in this caster-light party. Tick swarms in Ash Giant cave cost me 5 Horrid Wilting scrolls :lol:
Lightning works. Sort of. I always figure something out then forget what it was.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Lightning works. Sort of. I always figure something out then forget what it was.

Lightning works, yep, but I haven't got a single AoE damage spell on my casters. Camelia can do Flame Strike in a bit but that won't be sufficient.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Well, I for one find both Camel and Wendy a lot of fun to have in the party when you're going for an evil run.

Desiderius

Patron

Lightning works, yep, but I haven't got a single AoE damage spell on my casters. Camelia can do Flame Strike in a bit but that won't be sufficient.
Can always get Nenio out of mothballs. That's kind of the point of inactive companions getting EXP.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Craft the Bane of Spirit relic ring. Voila, swarm problem solved (and ghost + shadow demon problems as well).

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
You might delay the cloak if you plan to switch to a late game Mythic Path, though. As it would become useless then.

Late game Mythic Paths seem pretty useless themselves, honestly. Though I guess Swarm might be a fun gimmick, from what I've seen.
Mostly you're right. But 20 extra levels to play with are kinda nice....

IllusiveBrian

Novice
Been bugged since Alpha.

Shortbows have the same dice as long for Lann but the range matters too and Delamere's Bow has Holy + Entangle. Shortbow has a nice one for Mounted Combat later, but Longbow better otherwise I think. I'll have Wend on Shortbow and Aru on Long.
Shortbows kind of suffer from being the "cheaper" option which is not really a factor after level 3 (in terms of PnP, in WOTR you get showered with mundane loot at second level anyway). It would be neat if Snap Shot got 5 extra feet of range with shortbows or something, to emphasize that they are easier to handle than longbows.

Delterius

Arcane
lol, remember the trickery sound bug they fixed? I have it right now
they've been fixing it since kingmaker hit the shelves

I know, but this is the first I've heard them claim to fix it specifically
have i ever told you the story of loremaster the wise? some say owlcat patch notes had to fix him twice and it still worked far too well*

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom