Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
If you want to skip Crusade Mode, talk to Irabeth after meeting with Galfrey to buy a lvl 4 army for 7.5K. If you take one fight per day you should build up enough forces to make about everything flee.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
So, is there a somewhat convenient way to plan out builds, like https://nwn2db.com/, or would I have to go the in-game route of giving myself a ton of XP and then going through the options?
Easiest route for this without mods/save editing - to start Inevitable Excess campaign, if you own DLC 1, you can create Lvl 20/Mythic 10 character there.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
So, is there a somewhat convenient way to plan out builds, like https://nwn2db.com/, or would I have to go the in-game route of giving myself a ton of XP and then going through the options?

Also, PFKM really wore me out on turn-based mode with the sheer amount of encounters. I'm assuming it's not too different here. Are there balance mods for that?

No great buildplanners, but I found that starting a new game in Inevitable Excess worked well enough. I planned out 6 builds there.

Lambach

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Holy Jesus, I thought Lich's Corrupt Magic was stupid overpowered, but Aeon's Greater Bane is ever better.

:shredder:

The Bane doesn't apply additional penalties to an enemy for each dispelled effect, true, but a single successful hit on an enemy auto-removes all of its buffs with no rolls required. This is very handy during Chapter 6, in which there are enough enemies with Caster Levels high enough that even a Merged Lich is not guaranteed to strip them of all buffs with a single cast of Corrupt Magic, and resting is limited.

Lambach

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
I guess its also fun with Destructive Dispel.

So-so. The more buffs the target has, the more effective it is. Its DC is fairly low, so most enemies will make the Save on rolls higher than 1-2. More buffs = more rolls = more chance to roll 1.

It synergizes a lot better with Corrupt Magic, actually, both because it has a higher DC that way and because CM applies a -1 penalty to Saves per dispelled effect.

traa

Literate
Hey folks, what do you think is the best healer build for the game? Let's say it's for core+ difficulty, considering that I'm not a fan of Sosiel's personality at all.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Unfair is just pure aids so you need to go full-Grunker on that

"You keep using that word" -> my party is far, far from optimized. I have a single arcane caster with a woefully inadequate spellbook, the worst Cleric archetype, no bard, no paladin and the rest of my builds while good in my own humble opinion are willfully avoiding a lot of optimization options

So what you're saying is you Grunked your way through it despite having a moderately shit party. :cool:

Desiderius

Patron
Hey folks, what do you think is the best healer build for the game? Let's say it's for core+ difficulty, considering that I'm not a fan of Sosiel's personality at all.
Daeran. Healing really isn't a full action economy tho so lots of ways to go.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Cleric with Healing Domain is probably unsurpassed. You can probably add other metamagic to her healing spells, as well, other than Empowered. You could also invest into a secondary high CHA score, so that your Channel Energy rolls are up to par.

You could probably push that further into Ecclesitheurge, if you're okay with being naked.

Many options. Lots to choose from.

Lambach

Arcane
Possibly Retarded

I don't think there's a whole lot of theorycrafting around healing specifically, tbh.

Obviously, out of non-Mercenary Companions, Daeran is clearly set up to be the best healer. There's a Mythic Ability that adds twice his CHA Modifier to the amount of HP healed when he uses his Channel Ability. His Life Mystery automatically provides some healing Spells when he reaches the appropriate level (e.g. he gets Heal at level 12). That Mystery also gives him Mass Heal as a Level 8 Spell, so he can get it a bit earlier than Sosiel. It also gives him some Abilities to boost certain healing Spells (e.g. to make casting them a Swift Action or remove level caps from "Cure" type Spells) but those boosts are nothing to write home about, specially as you keep advancing in the game.

I suppose if you want him to be a pure healbot you can give him an Animal Companion to use as a Mount (with Impossible Domain), so the Mount can tank for him, and then just keep picking the "Extra Channel" Feat to be able to freely spam it.

But I would not recommend a fully dedicated healer with no offensive capabilities, at least not after early game. It's much better to wrap up fights ASAP and deny enemies the opportunity to damage you in the first place than play catch-up and try to keep a squishy Party member alive against a barrage of arrows.

Desiderius

Patron

I don't think there's a whole lot of theorycrafting around healing specifically, tbh.

Obviously, out of non-Mercenary Companions, Daeran is clearly set up to be the best healer. There's a Mythic Ability that adds twice his CHA Modifier to the amount of HP healed when he uses his Channel Ability. His Life Mystery automatically provides some healing Spells when he reaches the appropriate level (e.g. he gets Heal at level 12). That Mystery also gives him Mass Heal as a Level 8 Spell, so he can get it a bit earlier than Sosiel. It also gives him some Abilities to boost certain healing Spells (e.g. to make casting them a Swift Action or remove level caps from "Cure" type Spells) but those boosts are nothing to write home about, specially as you keep advancing in the game.

I suppose if you want him to be a pure healbot you can give him an Animal Companion to use as a Mount (with Impossible Domain), so the Mount can tank for him, and then just keep picking the "Extra Channel" Feat to be able to freely spam it.

But I would not recommend a fully dedicated healer with no offensive capabilities, at least not after early game. It's much better to wrap up fights ASAP and deny enemies the opportunity to damage you in the first place than play catch-up and try to keep a squishy Party member alive against a barrage of arrows.
Good points but one.

Daeran gets his (full) Mount from Second Mystery Nature Revelation (Oracles don't get Domains), which also gives him several relevant spells and a couple good Revelations unlike shitty Animal Domain on Clerics.

Both Divine Companions come with Extra and Selective Channeling which makes them non-ideal Divine casters but great Healers if that's something you're used to having. Usually better to Heal with Channeling (or use temporary HP without healing in combat at all) than Heal spells but Daeran comes with an ability (and thre's an item at his house) that makes Healing Spells less of a pain in combat if that's your thing.

If it's not even the Companion Pal ends up being able to Heal well enough or you can give Camellia Second Spirit Life to pick up Channeling and Resto/Rez spells.

Lambach

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Daeran gets his (full) Mount from Second Mystery Nature Revelation (Oracles don't get Domains), which also gives him several relevant spells and a couple good Revelations unlike shitty Animal Domain on Clerics.

Right, brain fart.

But in general, I don't think it's a good idea to rely too much on healing and focus a build around it. Specially on difficulties that increase enemy damage. If a Marilith gets off a Full Attack on a Party member without high AC, Concealment etc.... Raise Dead or Resurrection work the same regardless of character build.

user

Savant
The bound of possibility that shares the damage you get to Aivu seems to work even if Aivu is dead, which makes the Azata the best damage reduction tank, especially now with the nerfs
honkhonk.png

Desiderius

Patron
weird class interactions to be fixed
This is the basic ability of the Melee General doing nothing:

View attachment 29576View attachment 29577
What level does the general have? Also, are you sure that this bonus is not in the line "Other: +9"? And, if you are, then what this "Other: +9" consists of?
It's the very first fight of the game. The two logs are identical (other than the random roll) despite one being before the ability was activated and the other following. Whatever the Other is it didn't change. Same thing happens on Footmen if you choose Infantry. You can Mouse over the Icons in the turn order to see the icon for the ability show up but nothing else changes.

Maybe get the Combat Log fixed while you're at it, it's way more opaque than the regular one. Oh and for some reason he's hitting his own Clerics now.

Stop making excuses and shooting the messenger and get your damn game functional.

If a Marilith gets off a Full Attack on a Party member without high AC, Concealment etc....
This is why you Disarm Maraliths. Turns into 8 AoOs instead.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Thx to Daidre for bullying me into playing at least Hard difficulty. Keeps me on my toes but still turns out to be pretty manageable.

Tankard Madness.jpg

Liking Rupture Restraints up front on Wolj.

Seelah6 42AC tank.jpg

This is still lvl 6. 42 AC not bad. Finally figured out what I want to do with Seelah: use the Smite Evil AB bonus to make up for the Fighting Defensively/Combat Expertise Malus. Becoming the tank she was always meant to be. Next up: Unfair Graveyard for Sos quest.

Daeran's Glitterdust.jpg

Don't forget that Daeran comes with a Glitterdust. Can be a lifesaver. MC Hungerseed has Invisibility to help Wolj land Debilitating attack.

Cam Scare.jpg

30 ft AoE enemies only, Shaken on made save. Decent amount of threats are lvl 5 and below into midgame. Cam can switch once Daeran gets Barkskins depending on the fight.

Darl Veil.jpg

Can be purchased at the Bar in Defender's Heart.

Wend6 Cleaving Shot.jpg

Wend Slayer is ok but a little light on the skill pts since I was planning to Mount her on Bismuth.

Daidre

Arcane
The bound of possibility that shares the damage you get to Aivu seems to work even if Aivu is dead, which makes the Azata the best damage reduction tank, especially now with the nerfs
Damn dragon was annoying me so much with the on/off sounds of her Heroism aura on higher mythic ranks that at some point I just started Hellfire-raying her after entering the dungeon.

Edit: hm, Visual Adjustment 2 has amazing component that allows to black/whitelist most of the VFX from buffs. Maybe it can kill off that sound too...

Daidre

Arcane
Any recommendations for where to place Teleportation Circles? I understand there's a cap.
Yes, there is cap. Only 3 outside of Drezen in chapter 3. My usual order is:
1. Treasonhome
2. Land of Yath Watch
3. Camp on the Ferry

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Any recommendations for where to place Teleportation Circles? I understand there's a cap.
Yes, there is cap. Only 3 outside of Drezen in chapter 3. My usual order is:
1. Treasonhome
2. Land of Yath Watch
3. Camp on the Ferry
Afaik no cap to circles, but cap to the number of cities large enough to house them.
I don't remember the names, but basically, place one to the west, one to the south, and then the last either as close to kenabres as possible or between the first two.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom