Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
This is a strange patch.

After being disillusioned by the EE I took a look at a bunch of other patch notes, and a ton of them are exactly like this.

user

Savant
And the latest patch seems to have broken tabletop tweaks base fml.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'd suggest you to learn to read:

l2r.JPG

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Infinitron how does Lann not have the fanboy-tag yet? We're talking about a guy who literally claimed my bugs were due to mods when I hadn't installed any :lol:

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

View attachment 29565

What do you mean? Last update for TTT was 11 days ago.
Sure and you wait for update to mod before playing again. That is fun of using mods while game is still being heavily patched. (same reason why I use zero mods for this game).

Mods that touch many game areas can break even on hotfixes that come 7 years after the patch cycle has ended. For example, most reason Beamdog language update broke any current game Baldur's Gate game using Spell Improvements. So in that regard, there's no such thing as "while game is still being heavily patched." And it's kind of a joke to say WotR is being heavily patch - there may be frequent patches, but they certainly aren't heavy.

For WotR, it seems that TTT is one of a few culprits in being sensitive to the patch cycle (and sensitive in general, tbh). Respec mod works nearly flawlessly with the EE despite not being updated for it. Toybox can have missing or wonky features but doesn't break anything by being installed if an update comes. Bubble Buff also works without updates to the mod (though they are frequent anyway) and doesn't seem to break anything.

A general rule of "no mods" is rarely useful unless you're talking "you shouldn't use mods at all ever". Rather, it's often the mods that make non-contextual changes that can break saves on updates.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

Desiderius

Patron

View attachment 29565

Sure and you wait for update to mod before playing again. That is fun of using mods while game is still being heavily patched. (same reason why I use zero mods for this game).

Mods that touch many game areas can break even on hotfixes that come 7 years after the patch cycle has ended. For example, most reason Beamdog language update broke any current game Baldur's Gate game using Spell Improvements. So in that regard, there's no such thing as "while game is still being heavily patched." And it's kind of a joke to say WotR is being heavily patch - there may be frequent patches, but they certainly aren't heavy.

For WotR, it seems that TTT is one of a few culprits in being sensitive to the patch cycle (and sensitive in general, tbh). Respec mod works nearly flawlessly with the EE despite not being updated for it. Toybox can have missing or wonky features but doesn't break anything by being installed if an update comes. Bubble Buff also works without updates to the mod (though they are frequent anyway) and doesn't seem to break anything.

A general rule of "no mods" is rarely useful unless you're talking "you shouldn't use mods at all ever". Rather, it's often the mods that make non-contextual changes that can break saves on updates.
Vek keeps TTT regularly updated.

Yosharian

Arcane
So, regarding this natural attack demon build - I've started thinking about a Shapeshifter build instead. Much more room for optimization, and has a more traditional power curve - starting out relatively weaker and ending up more powerful. Which is what I prefer tbh.

The Marilith form is actually quite insane. It has 12 APR and uses a Longsword with a 1.5X STR mod to damage & PA bonus.

Plus there are a lot of fun toys to equip that boost poly forms.

I'm thinking about SS 13/MW 5/IW 2, but I haven't fully decided yet.
Supposedly a Shifter class is already in the game code.

Supposedly it looks pretty decent.
Yeah and undoubtedly it will be absolutely shit

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

View attachment 29565

Vek keeps TTT regularly updated.

Wasn't claiming otherwise - was just saying that unlike most other popular mods, it is possible for TTT to break stuff.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
So tabletoppers want their weird class interactions to be fixed, but do not care about fixing regression errors that were introduced by the EE. Or about controllers not working on the console game version.

This is the next level of intellectually challenged individuals.

Humbaba

Arcane
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1184370/view/3389547565066423854
  • The weather is back! Prepare your umbrella and vescavor repellent spray. And turning on photomode no longer starts the rain.
I was wondering where the vescavors went in Leper's smile, though granted those bug (heh) out all the time. The bug swarm filter in Iz also only worked half the time.

Anyway, I'm finally at Drezen and chose the Trickster path. So now the actual game can begin. Picked the mobility trickster feat, because virtual immunity to aoo's via acrobatics + a speed bonus sound pretty good. But I took it mainly because Rank 2 sounds too good to pass up, from the sound of it I'll be able to run circles around everybody so that they aoo themselves to death. Or just run into a big mob, and then move out of everyone's engagement range and trigger mass death.

Swarm path is coming along according to keikaku, the vescavor queen is smol and sleepy in her little shack.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
I can't believe they dumpstered DR builds. For no fucking reason. Who the hell was building for DR and breaking the game? It was barely viable before. Now it's just completely useless.

user

Savant

ArchAngel

Arcane
I can't believe they dumpstered DR builds. For no fucking reason. Who the hell was building for DR and breaking the game? It was barely viable before. Now it's just completely useless.
Maybe for Unfair but Unfair is not following D&D rules. Basic rules need to work for Core.. not some crazy modifications.

user

Savant

Yeah, ffs... Many sources were already incompatible...

Yosharian

Arcane
Maybe for Unfair but Unfair is not following D&D rules. Basic rules need to work for Core.. not some crazy modifications.
Nah even on Core it really isn't a good ability.

ArchAngel

Arcane

View attachment 29565

pepe-clown.gif
Having a patch almost every week with 20+ changes is heavily patched for sure. Most games give you such patch every few months.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Nah even on Core it really isn't a good ability.
My adamantine DR on everyone disagree. 10 damage less per hit comes up as a lot less damage very fast.

Desiderius

Patron
It’s all the same shit LannTheStupid as you yourself have outlined. Lying won’t fix it.

Well I disagree but maybe we have different playstyles.
Depends which damage you’re trying to ameliorate. As has already been noted the gap between bosses and other mobs is big enough already without DR reducing non-bosses to total irrelevance.

DR 10 with temp HP lets you play a wider variety of classes and party make-ups without trivializing most of the game. Even with damage doubling that makes it DR 20 which is significantly easier to heal thru in most cases if you want to go that way.

By the time that gets outclassed you’ve got a lot more abilities and immunities depending on Mythic Path.

Last edited:

HoboForEternity

LIBERAL PROPAGANDIST
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I beat grisella in chapter 3. That was the toughest optional boss so far. I had to position myself near the succubus archers before cutscene starts, after they are all dead, its all about avoiding her overwhelming presence which a healthy dose of greater heroism does (didn't have freedom of movement because none of the enemies have strong movement impeding skill <_<)

With enough time, i got over her absurdly high AC by virtue of many many dice rolls. On core difficulty but with custom tweak such as reduced enemy numbers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom