Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Do you only get access to the Hero mythic path in that mode, or can you pick the others, in which case - how?
No requirements, you will be able to choose Mythic path on your main (first) character at the Mythic Rank 3, and optionally switch to some "advanced" paths on MR 8. Other characters created after your run started will only get standard "companion" progression - 5 Mythic Abilities + 5 Mythic Feats.

Tsubutai

Educated
Question for people who played the roguelike mode:

Do you only get access to the Hero mythic path in that mode, or can you pick the others, in which case - how? Do you need to meet some requirements or need to unlock them by playing the main campaign?

So far whenever I got to the point where it let me pick Mythics, I could only pick the Hero.
Your first two mythic rankups are always in mythic hero, in both the main campaign and the standalone DLC. You pick an actual mythic path on your third mythic rankup and then get to choose to stick with it or switch to a late-game mythic path at mythic rank 8.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1184370/view/3389547565066423854
Update 2.0.2c

Hello, crusaders!

An update 2.0.2c is here!

Highlights:
  • The weather is back! Prepare your umbrella and vescavor repellent spray. And turning on photomode no longer starts the rain.
  • In The Treasures of the Midnight Isles DLC, the next party you create after losing the previous one will find an item from the previous team in the chest. And we’ve also fixed the achievements (see below).
  • Sounds from trickery checks will stop haunting you now.
  • If you are playing with the controller, you can skip time now and hire armies after a total defeat.
  • We’ve fixed the bleeding infusion for Blood Kineticists and the number of spells for the Eldritch Fonts.
  • Vital Strike is also fixed now.
  • And finally, the Commander is no longer trapped on the island in The Treasure of the Midnight Isles DLC!
b5550551c9add9d1d42b8937c71827b5510efc4d.gif

This patch is currently only available for Windows, we will upload a patch for macOS later.
If you are playing with mods, don’t forget to update them before loading your saves!
Areas

• The chaplain in Alushinyrra port will read the cleric scrolls for you now, if necessary;
  • Fixed the issues with the terrain in the Rasping Rifts, now it looks as it should;
  • If an island boss previously didn't appear on their island in The Treasure of the Midnight Isles DLC, they will appear now;
  • In Blackwater, the progress of the puzzle with hand, wind, and fire symbols will no longer reset if you quit the dialogue;
  • In Dry Crossroads, characters can no longer walk through the trees;
  • In some cases, an island exit wouldn't appear in The Treasure of the Midnight Isles DLC – fixed;
  • In the integrated mode of The Treasure of the Midnight Isles DLC, it was impossible to loot a container on one sand swamp map – fixed;
  • In the Valley of Temples, corrupted mongrels kept getting up and fighting even after the demon was slain, which prevented the quest from progressing – fixed;
  • Sometimes the game could crash if you triggered the big fire trap in Gray Garrison – fixed;

Quests

• Fixed the delay before the beginning of the conversation with Willodus;
  • We've added a new check in the romance with Arueshalae. If the romance ended while she asked to let her think for a couple of days, the "Time to Think" quest will also fail.
  • Items
  • Updated some properties of Finnean. From now on, with the first improvement, he takes the form of a +3 ghost touch heartseeker weapon, and with the second—a +5 brilliant energy heartseeker weapon. The original and the soulless forms remained unchanged.

Crusade

• After losing the armies, it was impossible to hire a new one if playing with a controller – fixed, there's an extra button for hiring now;
  • Fixed the bug with the visual effects from the Knight Commander's party appearing in the middle of the tactical battlefield;
  • The battle log now updates again during the tactical battles.

Classes & Mechanics

• Acid Evaporation effects from the Star Rattle flowers will stop now after a successful Fortitude saving throw;
  • Bleeding Infusion always dealt 1 damage per round. Now, its damage depends on the amount of kinetic blast damage dice, just like the description says;
  • Changed the class of Backstabbin' Bixie island boss in The Treasure of the Midnight Isles DLC from Slayer to Alchemist;
  • Changing the type of spell's elemental damage now correctly adds the DC from feats that affect the said element;
  • Clerics of Asmodeus can use a mace in the name of Asmodeus now, like they are proficient with it;
  • Damage Reduction doesn't stack anymore now if there's more than one source of it; instead, the highest number of DR is selected, like in tabletop version;
  • Eldritch Font now gets the correct number of spells per day (once spell more per level than a regular arcanist);
  • Fixed the bonus calculation when performing a combat maneuver. Now it counts any bonuses from unarmed attacks. If the maneuver was performed via a special attack (such as Trip (Bite attack), for example), the bonuses from this attack will be used;
  • Fixed the incorrect stacking for the Perfect Form ability;
  • Fixed the return of Ashen Curse status after saving and reloading. Now it will no longer return after you removed it from the character and saved;
  • Impervious Tailwind provided benefits to every class – fixed, now it only empowers the classes listed in its description;
  • Paladin's Celestial Divine Mount now gets smite evil at 11th level;
  • Psychotic Undertow forced the caster to make a Will saving throw for each charge of Magic Missile – fixed, now characters make only one Will save for this spell;
  • Retriever's Eye Rays (Petrification) no longer instantly kills, but instead requires a Fortitude saving throw, as expected;
  • Shake It Off team feat now works correctly. It has a proper radius of effect now, and will be displayed in the battle log;
  • Tailwind of Gnomish Fortune works correctly now: you get 5.000 gold for creating a gnome character, and each gnome in the party reduces the prices by 10%;
  • The Nails feat now allows shamans and witches to use their sharp nails instead of fists to deal damage when they are unarmed;
  • Unholy Dispel of Zombie attempted to dispel all the effects, instead of just one – fixed;
  • Vital Strike now works correctly with the dice size modifications;
  • Weapon Proficiency (Flail) didn't display for the characters who had it – fixed;
  • Zippy Magic now properly works with the touch spells, like cure wounds;
  • The Extra Bombs feat works with the Arcane Bomber archetype now.

UI

• Added the option to skip time when playing with a controller;
  • Animal companions are no longer displayed as party members, if you are in the location where they are not present, or if you can't control them;
  • Bonuses (when executing combat maneuvers, for example) and saving throws were displayed incorrectly in the battle log – fixed;
  • Fixed the combat text (above the characters in battle) for saving throws. Previously, a bonus from the ability scores wasn't included in the number on the right. On the left, we still see a pure dice roll result, and on the right, the number can't be higher than 20;
  • Fixed the issue with animal companion icon not showing in some situations (in the caves under Kenabres, for example);
  • Fixed the localization in the defeat window in The Treasure of the Midnight Isles DLC;
  • For the controller interface, added a button to interact with Shamira;
  • For the controller UI, increased the number of options for spell context menu, fixed the issue with crashes when opening a shortcut menu for spells with numerous options on the action bar;
  • In photomode, navigation could stop working after quitting to main menu and loading a save again – fixed;
  • Sometimes the images on loading screen could be missing – fixed;
  • We brought back the party banters when resting on the global map for controller mode;
  • When playing with a controller, book events on the global map could block the ability to move – fixed;
  • When playing with the controller, the "Expand" option during character creation opened two tooltip windows instead of one – fixed;
  • When the party wasn't full, an animal companion would appear in the controller UI twice: together with its master, and separately – fixed, now the animal companion only appears once, next to the master's portrait.

Audio

• Some traps kept playing the sounds after being disarmed – fixed;
  • Sounds from picking a lock could loop, if the process was interrupted in the middle of the trickery check – fixed.

Visual

• A number of visual effects has been optimized;
  • Becoming a demigod now happens with a beautiful visual effect;
  • Fixed the transparency of the container with Pipefox pet in Ancientries and Wonders Shop, so you won't miss the pet now!
  • Fixed the weather effects;
  • In Drezen, characters could sink into some objects – fixed.

System

• When changing the colors of the class costume and other items, the character could noticeably twitch in the inventory menu – fixed, we've reduced that twitching.

Misс

• After a party wipe in the Treasures of the Midnight Isles DLC, the new party will find a single random item inside the chest, left from the previous treasure hunters;
  • After completing a full standalone run of The Treasure of the Midnight Isles DLC, you didn't get a free mercenary on the new run – fixed;
  • Fixed the achievement ID for the achievements Ride the Wind, Windcatcher, and Windmaster, and now they will properly unlock;
  • Fixed the issue, when the chain in The Treasure of the Midnight Isles DLC stopped responding to the attempts to interact with it;
  • In the Treasures of the Midnight Isles DLC, the player's chest didn't reset after winning the game and starting a new one – fixed;
  • Photomode no longer lets you control the weather;
  • Sometimes your companions could undress when changing the colors of their costume – fixed;
  • Sometimes, after being forced to move by a spell (for example, after falling into a pit), the character couldn't move anymore – fixed;
  • You can buy alcohol from Wilcer Garms now.

Tsubutai

Educated
> Updated some properties of Finnean. From now on, with the first improvement, he takes the form of a +3 ghost touch heartseeker weapon, and with the second—a +5 brilliant energy heartseeker weapon. The original and the soulless forms remained unchanged.

strange sounds of playful darkness laughing at fools who picked a class that doesn't get dimension strike and relied on finnean's brilliant energy to help overcome his AC

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
In some cases, an island exit wouldn't appear in The Treasure of the Midnight Isles DLC – fixed;
Like, what?!

Sometimes the game could crash if you triggered the big fire trap in Gray Garrison – fixed;
I am pretty sure it was introduced by the EE.

The battle log now updates again during the tactical battles.
Desiderius you can check your general now.

• In photomode, navigation could stop working after quitting to main menu and loading a save again – fixed;
But, you know, the photomode is a priority feature. And it looks really good, too. So it's OK to bug the whole game out.

There are several controller related bugs, too.

In general, it's Owlcat as usual: we are adding things to the game, we are breaking it in the process, but then we are fixing it more or less regularly. I guess now the EE can be (tentatively) considered playable.

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
“Sounds from trickery checks will stop haunting you now.”

This has been a bug since OG Kingmaker release :lol:

EDIT: Have they still not fixed the Window bug in Horgus’ quest? Or was that fixed in a hotfix?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So, regarding this natural attack demon build - I've started thinking about a Shapeshifter build instead. Much more room for optimization, and has a more traditional power curve - starting out relatively weaker and ending up more powerful. Which is what I prefer tbh.

The Marilith form is actually quite insane. It has 12 APR and uses a Longsword with a 1.5X STR mod to damage & PA bonus.

Plus there are a lot of fun toys to equip that boost poly forms.

I'm thinking about SS 13/MW 5/IW 2, but I haven't fully decided yet.
Supposedly a Shifter class is already in the game code.

Supposedly it looks pretty decent.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

The battle log now updates again during the tactical battles.
Desiderius you can check your general now.

But, you know, the photomode is a priority feature. And it looks really good, too. So it's OK to bug the whole game out.

There are several controller related bugs, too.

In general, it's Owlcat as usual: we are adding things to the game, we are breaking it in the process, but then we are fixing it more or less regularly. I guess now the EE can be (tentatively) considered playable.
Adding basic abilities that are advertised on the tin when you purchase the general/class(/game) would be preferred.

Stop talking about this! I will be so fucking pissed if they nerf YET ANOTHER mechanic I've built my character around
Put aside the Redditor, Yosharian, become the Codexer you were born to be.

Last edited:

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Sometimes the game could crash if you triggered the big fire trap in Gray Garrison – fixed;

And I am pretty sure it is an old one - conditions for this bug are tricky: you need to miss Thiefling helpers for the Gray Garrison assault AND to play on story mode. Only then, endless fireball trap would be active for you to step on, and since it is impossible to die on storymode, it will trigger indefinitely, overloading cpu with calculations for each fireball. I also suspect that if PC is powerful enough to process that spam, it would take some time to actually crash.

Main reason it is fixed just now - one guy made video and posted it on Reddit, gathering some upvotes and attention.

user

Savant
Typical of nuRPGs, best fun is at the at the low levels.
And as it typical with newer games you just need to raise the difficulty higher and higher until you find the sweet spot between fun/challenge. For me it usually highest difficulty before the last, because actual highest difficulty often have some annoying mechanic like double hp/damage that wrecks indented balance and encounter design.

It worked pretty well for me with all new RPG I recently played - King Arthur, Solasta, Dangeon of Naheulbeuk. Well, Solasta is kinda easy but x2 enemy hp would make it's late game even more boring, but other two were consistently challenging throughout the game on default max difficulty.

And it is the same with Wrath - first "standard" difficulty where AI is feature-complete is Hard, so that is what I usually play, or custom. I do not not like playing Unfair since with x2 damage it is just too reloady for my tastes.

You know you can just play on Unfair and turn off x2 damage specifically, right? :)

Question - if the game difficulty becomes custom by changing a setting like that, do you know if you get the achievements (in order to get the inevitable excess powers etc)?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Typical of nuRPGs, best fun is at the at the low levels.
And as it typical with newer games you just need to raise the difficulty higher and higher until you find the sweet spot between fun/challenge. For me it usually highest difficulty before the last, because actual highest difficulty often have some annoying mechanic like double hp/damage that wrecks indented balance and encounter design.

It worked pretty well for me with all new RPG I recently played - King Arthur, Solasta, Dangeon of Naheulbeuk. Well, Solasta is kinda easy but x2 enemy hp would make it's late game even more boring, but other two were consistently challenging throughout the game on default max difficulty.

And it is the same with Wrath - first "standard" difficulty where AI is feature-complete is Hard, so that is what I usually play, or custom. I do not not like playing Unfair since with x2 damage it is just too reloady for my tastes.

You know you can just play on Unfair and turn off x2 damage specifically, right? :)

Question - if the game difficulty becomes custom by changing a setting like that, do you know if you get the achievements (in order to get the inevitable excess powers etc)?

You don’t get for unfair. I don’t know if you get the Core+ ones

Desiderius

Patron
So, regarding this natural attack demon build - I've started thinking about a Shapeshifter build
everyone are making fun of you
:hmmm:

https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/4694-first-they-ignore-you-then-they-ridicule-you-and-then

There is a mod to restore them, but the answer at this point is no.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron

And I am pretty sure it is an old one - conditions for this bug are tricky: you need to miss Thiefling helpers for the Gray Garrison assault AND to play on story mode. Only then, endless fireball trap would be active for you to step on, and since it is impossible to die on storymode, it will trigger indefinitely, overloading cpu with calculations for each fireball. I also suspect that if PC is powerful enough to process that spam, it would take some time to actually crash.

Main reason it is fixed just now - one guy made video and posted it on Reddit, gathering some upvotes and attention.
Thank you, that's good to know. The combination of conditions is rare, however; I guess failing the check on Story mode is non-trivial as well.

Also, Desiderius : here is your bug reporting tool. Reddit upvotes and funny videos. I remember another redditor making nice collages from various log excerpts to illustrate wrong calculations of hellfire rays damage, for example.

Desiderius

Patron
"Shake It Off team feat now works correctly. It has a proper radius of effect now, and will be displayed in the battle log"

Shake it off.jpg

:rage:

I take it all back, Yosharian, you were right about everything.

when do you figure we're moving on
All the time, brother, all the time. Notice it or not it's still there.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
I am seeing what only can be attributed to "Shake it off" bonus to saving throws on 1.4.4g. However, it is not specifically marked in the log as such.

I think a working bonus not properly described in the log is better than not working at all.
@Desiderius : here is your bug reporting tool. Reddit upvotes and funny videos.
I'm losing too many braincells already from age to risk losing the ones remaining all at once by joining Reddit.
It depends on your goals.

If you want them to fix a bug or add a feature you need to raise awareness and, basically, make a small PR campaign. And a positive one. It seems the only way it works for them.

If you want to complain and rage here, on Codex - then it's OK.

Come to think of it: for me this is the biggest evidence of Owlcat Games wokeism. They ignored and then banned Desiderius for his bug reports, because their "feelings" were hurt. However, they fixed a rare bug after a funny video with reddit upvotes.

Maybe I will not play Rogue Trader after all...

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
P:K Shake had a very big radius (as can be seen in pic). The joke is that they’ve reduced it to adjacent which is I guess is what it shld be. I haven’t actually been using it (or Improved Initiative) that much in lieu of more class-distinctive abilities. Same reason no Freebooter, Skald merc etc…

Makes game more interesting while reducing need to up difficulty.

The Reddit problem is the same throughout tech. Whole generation of programmers more insular than a Klan rally. It’s why Musk is trying to buy Twitter (with Jack’s approval). Doesn’t map onto traditional political/national divides.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron

If you want them to fix a bug or add a feature you need to raise awareness and, basically, make a small PR campaign. And a positive one. It seems the only way it works for them.

I shouldn't be shouting naked in the street doing petition or burn myself for police to respond for a crime report.

Much the same that doing publicity stunt for bug report shouldn't be normalized when they have actual in game tools to do that. I can understand if there is no feature to do that and having to post in leddit. But even then some of these bugs are highlighted in their own forum etc as well.

Stop normalizing bad procedure man.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron

I shouldn't be shouting naked in the street doing petition or burn myself for police to respond for a crime report.

Much the same that doing publicity stunt for bug report shouldn't be normalized when they have actual in game tools to do that. I can understand if there is no feature to do that and having to post in leddit. But even then some of these bugs are highlighted in their own forum etc as well.

Again - it depends on your goals. You cannot change Owlcat Games; well, maybe you can, but you will have to create a boycott campaign against them. Also, depending on the country, even self-immolation might not make the police help you. See protests in Chinese Himalaya.

So if you can change the "powers-that-be", then "normalizing" is bad. If you can't - it is the way to solve your problems.

As I've already written, I can't change Owlcat, but I can ignore their next game.

ArchAngel

Arcane
So, regarding this natural attack demon build - I've started thinking about a Shapeshifter build instead. Much more room for optimization, and has a more traditional power curve - starting out relatively weaker and ending up more powerful. Which is what I prefer tbh.

The Marilith form is actually quite insane. It has 12 APR and uses a Longsword with a 1.5X STR mod to damage & PA bonus.

Plus there are a lot of fun toys to equip that boost poly forms.

I'm thinking about SS 13/MW 5/IW 2, but I haven't fully decided yet.
Supposedly a Shifter class is already in the game code.

Supposedly it looks pretty decent.
I met few as enemy, they were not shifted into any forms and died fast :D

ArchAngel

Arcane
This is a strange patch. It fixes a bunch of bugs that never happened to me even when I interacted with what they described in patch notes.
Then it fixes a bunch of bugs I didn't know were bugs but I used that stuff (like Shake it Off) and it fixes zero of the bugs I ran into and reported.
Some of them was two DLC3 run ago (like bug with Kineticist Burn being reset to 0 all the time randomly).
Then of course no bug fix for Petrification removing Tailwind if you use Stone to Flesh on petrified companion. And that fix for Petrification not rolling Fort save is just a log bug, it shows you succeeding a save but it shows nothing if you fail and die.

user

Savant

They keep saying that they want a lot of people to ask/complain about something in order to act on it. Thing is posts that go "viral" usually go viral for retarded reasons. So yeah you need like, become an influencer, in order for them to take real notice.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom