Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Parabalus

Arcane

Don't buy HKs (although if I'm not mistaken they've been buffed too).

But why?
They are typically the backbone of my army in later Act 2 and also first half of Act 3. Before the cavalery upgrade (light cavalery is pretty much useless, deals little damage and dies when the enemy looks their way), they are the most mobile unit, quite tanky and capable of dealing a little damage as well (frankly no units deal good damage before upgrades).
HKs were extremely useful, since you pewpew everything with magic, and just need units to tank.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
it's kind of funny that for all the random trash you pick up in this game I am consistently low on food reagents, especially purifying solution. I have 9 million diamond dust but i can't make myself a croissant

Lambach

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
You should be able to buy enough Purifying Solutions from vendors to never have a problem with them, unless you rest after each fight or something.

But there is a lack of ingredients for some top-end Recipes, so you can't cook those all the time. Demon Slayer Soup for example is stupid good, but I don't remember there being a vendor anywhere that sells one of its ingredients and I haven't found more than about 10-12 of them while exploring.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
But there is a lack of ingredients for some top-end Recipes, so you can't cook those all the time. Demon Slayer Soup for example is stupid good, but I don't remember there being a vendor anywhere that sells one of its ingredients and I haven't found more than about 10-12 of them while exploring.
New vendor from the DLC 3 sells 99 supply of each reagent for the food recipes. And most of high-end recipes too. So now Demon Slayer Soup and Conflagrant Taco are available from the Chapter 3, if you had character with enough Lore: World to cook them, of course.

Yosharian

Arcane
New vendor from the DLC 3 sells 99 supply of each reagent for the food recipes. And most of high-end recipes too. So now Demon Slayer Soup and Conflagrant Taco are available from the Chapter 3, if you had character with enough Lore: World to cook them, of course.
In enough quantities to last the entire game?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
"hey dis camellia writing is p. good it fits the tone of the ga-"

bzIBglK.png

dies-from-cringe-meme-cringe.gif

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
"hey dis camellia writing is p. good it fits the tone of the ga-"

bzIBglK.png

dies-from-cringe-meme-cringe.gif
I mean she's not wrong, sex is fucking amazing for relieving stress

If they wanted a spontaneous sort of "she's in the moment"-kind-of-thing they shouldda just made her jump you. Women don't generally say "I will now sex you", especially not if they're actually horny asf. Tbh considering the kitsch Book of Vile Darkness-style writing of the following dialogue, it was less cringe than I thought it would be, pretty fun. But that line in particular had me cringe like a motherfucker

Also 'Cyrus Steel'? Ouch, the edge!

My first evil D&D character back when I was an edgy kid. Sentimental value :love:

Lambach

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
If they wanted a spontaneous sort of "she's in the moment"-kind-of-thing they shouldda just made her jump you. Women don't generally say "I will now sex you", especially not if they're actually horny asf.

At this point she's convincing you that what she's doing serves a higher purpose, that it's for the good of Sarkoris. That lie would've been undermined if she didn't have an excuse to jump you beyond "killing makes me horny".

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
If they wanted a spontaneous sort of "she's in the moment"-kind-of-thing they shouldda just made her jump you.
That would be rape. She's just a serialkiller but not that evil.
This post is a parody. I know, it's pretty subtle.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
The battles would need a complete revamp, which is obviously never gonna happen. Currently they're p. much an equivalent of someone doing an arma suicide nuking tactic in homm over and over, only without the suicide part.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Wait so Conflagrant Taco can be bought in enough quantities to last the whole game and boosts every ability score by +4?
From the week 2 (iirc) into Chapter 3, yes. DC is 40/44 on Hard/Unfair and 33/37 for Demon Slayer Soup so I was mostly cooking Soup instead in my recent Unfair run, especially when I rested in "unsafe" place - where game forces 1-hour long timeskip to set up camp so all short buffs fall off before rolls are actually made.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
If they wanted a spontaneous sort of "she's in the moment"-kind-of-thing they shouldda just made her jump you.

Considering the tendency in the writing I wouldn't be at all surprised if they shyed away from that because of the lack of consent, which, considering the scene: :lol:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Considering the tendency in the writing I wouldn't be at all surprised if they shyed away from that because of the lack of consent, which, considering the scene: :lo:
Yeah, I would not be surprised at all that there was a rule that NPCs can't initiate romantic contact with the PC without express consent.

Iirc there's an event later where a succubus tries to seduce you and even if you lose your will save nothing happens.

Lambach

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Now that you mentioned it, I don't remember there being any allusions to rape whatsoever. One Lich casually says he plans on committing a few genocides here and there if you help him escape imprisonment (and if you do, end-game slides show he wasn't kidding), one of Aru's acquaintances mentions how she used to love flaying people alive and making dresses out of their skins or something to that effect, but nope, no rape-y stuff at all, even as a hint.

That's one helluva hierarchy of taboo and sin. :M

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Kingdom management had nice rewards (artisans, versus not so great relics), occasionally quests, and they took great care in writing down all different kind of resolutions based on the advisor you used, which I appreciated.

Sure Artisan equipment was great, and the variety was huge.

But about the relics being not so great... Grave Calling, Bane of Spirit, Devouring Lust, Clemency of Shadows, Death's Consonant and a few others would like to have a word with you.

Artisans variety was great and you could find something useful for any build.
I have never used half of the items you mentioned in all my playthroughs, which are four.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Now that you mentioned it, I don't remember there being any allusions to rape whatsoever. One Lich casually says he plans on committing a few genocides here and there if you help him escape imprisonment (and if you do, end-game slides show he wasn't kidding), one of Aru's acquaintances mentions how she used to love flaying people alive and making dresses out of their skins or something to that effect, but nope, no rape-y stuff at all, even as a hint.

That's one helluva hierarchy of taboo and sin. :M
Iirc the corrupted azata you encounter in act 4 mentions he'd like to sodomize you with a glowing hot poker or something, which kind of counts as rape? That's the only occasion I can remember, and the line feels INCREDIBLY out of place.

And well, this is american/hollywood morality for you. Murder and torture is ok, boobs are not.

Yosharian

Arcane
Kingdom management had nice rewards (artisans, versus not so great relics), occasionally quests, and they took great care in writing down all different kind of resolutions based on the advisor you used, which I appreciated.

Sure Artisan equipment was great, and the variety was huge.

But about the relics being not so great... Grave Calling, Bane of Spirit, Devouring Lust, Clemency of Shadows, Death's Consonant and a few others would like to have a word with you.

Artisans variety was great and you could find something useful for any build.
I have never used half of the items you mentioned in all my playthroughs, which are four.
Artisans are a fucking shite mechanic though. If I want an item, I want that specific item and not something else. Don't make the items produced by NPCs random. Ever.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom