Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Yosharian

Arcane
Wait so Conflagrant Taco can be bought in enough quantities to last the whole game and boosts every ability score by +4?
From the week 2 (iirc) into Chapter 3, yes. DC is 40/44 on Hard/Unfair and 33/37 for Demon Slayer Soup so I was mostly cooking Soup instead in my recent Unfair run, especially when I rested in "unsafe" place - where game forces 1-hour long timeskip to set up camp so all short buffs fall off before rolls are actually made.
Interesting.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Kingdom management had nice rewards (artisans, versus not so great relics), occasionally quests, and they took great care in writing down all different kind of resolutions based on the advisor you used, which I appreciated.

Sure Artisan equipment was great, and the variety was huge.

But about the relics being not so great... Grave Calling, Bane of Spirit, Devouring Lust, Clemency of Shadows, Death's Consonant and a few others would like to have a word with you.

Artisans variety was great and you could find something useful for any build.
I have never used half of the items you mentioned in all my playthroughs, which are four.
Well, then let me tell you, you've been missing out, big time (maybe except Death's Consonant, as that's pretty niche).

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Artisans are a fucking shite mechanic though. If I want an item, I want that specific item and not something else. Don't make the items produced by NPCs random. Ever.

It's a bit like Icewind dale RNG items, butyou could get what you want on a second artisan item generation, while in IWD you had not this option.
I don't mind it, especially as I don't remember not getting what I wanted ever.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

Don't buy HKs (although if I'm not mistaken they've been buffed too).

But why?
They are typically the backbone of my army in later Act 2 and also first half of Act 3. Before the cavalery upgrade (light cavalery is pretty much useless, deals little damage and dies when the enemy looks their way), they are the most mobile unit, quite tanky and capable of dealing a little damage as well (frankly no units deal good damage before upgrades).
Because you can only afford one or the other without spending party gold and Clerics offer more unique effect (independent source of heal). But sure with Caster General HK would be fine too I guess but then your General is healing instead of nuking.

Smite also bypasses DR. HKs look like they’ve been buffed but if you just want tanks there’s all sorts of units to play that role.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik

It has a very good tutorial and a clear goal (unlike KM in P:K) so if people could get over the bad taste of P:K KM and actually dig into it it could be fine. Using idle companions as generals would tie things together better.

Or having generals as NPC you can interact with somehow (with some behind some quests outcome?) instead of just buying them and them being just a sheet of stats.

Desiderius

Patron

Lambach

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Relics are pretty hit or miss. A couple of really great ones (Greater Maximize Rod with 6 charges you can get as early as Ch 3, for example) but also a lot of junk that gets outscaled too quickly or stuff that is very niche/situational.

Can't believe it took me 4 playthroughs to finally notice that ring which converts physical damage into Force, it's been a godsend against swarms and ghosts.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Until Cuirassiers, Hell Knights were my MVPs
Cuirassiers? Did you miss Greybor/do his quest too late?
How does Greybor give new troop type?

Hell Knights are great for the strategic layer early, tanky, high movement, decent damage. Late strategic who cares, your general and ranged forces will instanuke everything.

Relics are pretty hit or miss.
No shit. I especially like how it's basically random how many weeks it will take to make the raw material into an item, and what the resulting item will be. Basically have to use a guide. And iirc the relic handling ties up your logistics which is the most important task type.

Desiderius

Patron
it's kind of funny that for all the random trash you pick up in this game I am consistently low on food reagents, especially purifying solution. I have 9 million diamond dust but i can't make myself a croissant
Make sure you aren’t skimping on Perception. I rest a lot but don’t run low.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
it's kind of funny that for all the random trash you pick up in this game I am consistently low on food reagents, especially purifying solution. I have 9 million diamond dust but i can't make myself a croissant

Almost all of my Characters have high Per. But I seldom see Purifying Solution in any of the Per-loot boxes.

Desiderius

Patron

Hell Knights are great for the strategic layer early, tanky, high movement, decent damage. Late strategic who cares, your general and ranged forces will instanuke everything.

No shit. I especially like how it's basically random how many weeks it will take to make the raw material into an item, and what the resulting item will be. Basically have to use a guide. And iirc the relic handling ties up your logistics which is the most important task type.
Relic crafting is Diplo for some reason, which usually isn’t a problem.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Kingdom management had nice rewards (artisans, versus not so great relics), occasionally quests, and they took great care in writing down all different kind of resolutions based on the advisor you used, which I appreciated.

But about the relics being not so great... Grave Calling, Bane of Spirit, Devouring Lust, Clemency of Shadows, Death's Consonant and a few others would like to have a word with you.

I have never used half of the items you mentioned in all my playthroughs, which are four.
Well, then let me tell you, you've been missing out, big time (maybe except Death's Consonant, as that's pretty niche).

And you are missing out on all the items I am using instead.
Moot point.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

For me it's Diplomacy. I have 50 Diplomacy cards and not a single other card lol

Desiderius

Patron

Almost all of my Characters have high Per. But I seldom see Purifying Solution in any of the Per-loot boxes.
Not all characters *can* get high Per. How high is your highest?

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Can't believe it took me 4 playthroughs to finally notice that ring which converts physical damage into Force, it's been a godsend against swarms and ghosts.
Well it was wonderfully bugged before with buff wasting standard action instead of free so you have not missed much.
You are supposed to buy it in the shops, like in tavern or temple.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Relics are pretty hit or miss. A couple of really great ones (Greater Maximize Rod with 6 charges you can get as early as Ch 3, for example) but also a lot of junk that gets outscaled too quickly or stuff that is very niche/situational.
Devouring lust? Pretty nice rod I agree, but it's not greater.

Desiderius

Patron
There is little that Haplo misses.

Is Bane of Spirit Free Action yet?

I'm still on 1.3.7 and yes, it is. Wouldn't be worth using otherwise.
Oh, there were times...

Bane of Spirit vs The Other.jpg

She's already in the oven for this playthrough - first thing fired up.

BTW, Hard just got Hard again: 35 DC Stealth check on way to Greengates at lvl 10 failed and got jumped by Derakni Devastator + Gibrileths. Second reload so far.

Devouring lust? Pretty nice rod I agree, but it's not greater.
It is even better than a greater rod - it maximizes 6 spells up to lvl 9.
And turns Electricity (not just Electricity, but Stormbolts works well with it) Unholy, which for some reason does full damage to Evil Outsider Demons.

Desiderius

Patron

Artisan items were somewhat better, but you're missing out on some of the best stuff in Wrath as well.

I have 50 Diplomacy cards and not a single other card lol
And most (if not all) of them are just bad.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom