Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Weird thing about Mage General is that Energy Points are supposed to be limiting factor but that you’re rewarded in every way for going slow which makes them moot.
Or you build Alchemist Labs and have almost endless mana. Learn to use instruments that game gives you desi, rest spamming and sitting on your ass was never intended design direction no matter how much you like it.
Remind me who has to buy Purifying Solution and who doesn’t Daidre?

No rest spamming here, just taking my time and being thorough.

Desiderius

Patron
I only bought limited mercs (mostly clerics and HKs) and can't say I've ever struggled.
We’re talking about ch 2.
Even more of a cakewalk then. Apart from 1-2 fights maybe, for which you might need to bring a few extra troops.
Ch 2 is where you accumulate your army to get a good foothold in ch3. And evidently with the way people talk about Gargs and Incubi its not a cakewalk for them, nor is going up to get STR belt and Income nodes ASAP, which is something you can do if you build up your forces skillfully.

Lambach

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
rest spamming and sitting on your ass was never intended design direction

If there's nothing penalizing you for doing so, I'd say it kinda is the intended design in some way.

Rest spamming outside of Crusade Mode is penalized through the Corruption system. Taking your sweet, sweet time in Crusade Mode is discouraged by..... nothing. There is a time requirement for unlocking the secret ending, but other than that, nothing I'm aware of. No difference if you finish Chapter 3 in 30 in-game days or 30 in-game years.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I only bought limited mercs (mostly clerics and HKs) and can't say I've ever struggled.
Even more of a cakewalk then. Apart from 1-2 fights maybe, for which you might need to bring a few extra troops.
Ch 2 is where you accumulate your army to get a good foothold in ch3. And evidently with the way people talk about Gargs and Incubi its not a cakewalk for them, nor is going up to get STR belt and Income nodes ASAP, which is something you can do if you build up your forces skillfully.
Never mistake complaints of "this shit is tedious" to be a complaint of "this is hard".
There is a time requirement for unlocking the secret ending, but other than that, nothing I'm aware of. No difference if you finish Chapter 3 in 30 in-game days or 30 in-game years.
It's not even true, the time requirement for secret ending means you need to enter final dungeon during a specific week of the year. Doesn't matter if it's 4th or 8th year since the crusade began.

Energy is not a problem on mages. Even if you go straight from fight to fight you'll clear out a third of the map before you run low. And there is no reason to clear the map that quickly, because you can't complete main quests quests at that pace.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
DLC1 question

When Inevitable excess came out, you had to kill Inevitable Darkness to have rifts with items from the DLC appear in the main game.
I killed it on hard, 1000 patches ago.
Did they change anything that requires to kill it again? Maybe on Unfair?

Desiderius

Patron
rest spamming and sitting on your ass was never intended design direction

If there's nothing penalizing you for doing so, I'd say it kinda is the intended design in some way.

Rest spamming outside of Crusade Mode is penalized through the Corruption system. Taking your sweet, sweet time in Crusade Mode is discouraged by..... nothing. There is a time requirement for unlocking the secret ending, but other than that, nothing I'm aware of. No difference if you finish Chapter 3 in 30 in-game days or 30 in-game years.
It eventually saps morale. I think they saw how people preferred to play P:K and designed around that. And it does make some sense since time is on the side of the Besieger in most cases rather than the Besieged.
No shit, which is why there’s no reason for him to bite my ankles like a noob.
The great understanding of why I could be so spiteful from time to time, depending on the mood, will come to one day if you decide to check my profile.
Yeah, pretty bad to misgender someone that isn't even trans. Every autism has a dump stat. My apologies.

Never mistake complaints of "this shit is tedious" to be a complaint of "this is hard".
Tedious is just a different kind of hard. Same thing with "trash fights" complaints. No reason for it even to be tedious.

Git gud.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik

I don't think anyone said they are hard. Gargoyles especially aren't (never done incubi with a warrior gen.), it's just I don't want to wait a gazillion turns with +1 dmg every hit with a Warrior general, I tend to value my time.

Desiderius

Patron
I don't think anyone said they are hard. Gargoyles especially aren't (never done incubi with a warrior gen.), it's just I don't want to wait a gazillion turns with +1 dmg every hit with a Warrior general, I tend to value my time.
Lol then play better. Whole point of Warrior Gen is to buff your dudes. What abilities are you even taking?

Desiderius

Patron
Correct, that's why you take a mage general, as is the better choice.
Anyway, I will try again with a warrior general next play through.
No reason not to wait until Dispersal is fixed. It's a nice challenge and maybe someday either the DLC or mod will make it worth doing/necessary. I did it this time for RP but no doubt late heal (and probably needing to take Spellcraft) is a pain.

I'm using Conscripts for first time so will see how they do with Close Combat boost. Would be interesting to go really balls out and try Wend's Convicts but they look incredibly weak.

Last edited:

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
DLC1 question
Not afaik, I still use ancient save from my first completion and I am still getting 3 items. BUT portal with flawless headband next to salamander was bugged for a time, it was not spawning. They fixed it recently though, I got everything in my last run.
Which you should be able to bring back up with those Repeatable Decrees. I obviously haven't tested this for 10+ in-game years, but there's no reason it shouldn't work in theory.
I tested it with 3-years long crusade out of curiosity, Morale loss greatly outpaces those Repeatable Decrees even if you have all of them available. There are some random cards with huge +20-30 Morale bonus though, they help to keep crusade afloat.
Interesting fact: game does not end when you hit -100, you can only "lose" crusade if demon's army "takes" Drezen after besieging it for days, in strategic mode. Then Irabeth comes to the throne room, says that you suck and forcibly puts your crusade on auto.

Last edited:
I used the cleric heal quite a bit myself, mage generals can totally hire clerics. Then the clerics can heal up the archers who got nuked and I can nuke an enemy stack out of existence.

I didn't have any trouble with the gargs in chapter 2, as I recall the only troublesome crusade fight was that damn incubus general. And even that was fine when I realized I just needed to keep healing the damage (and I guess have a large enough stack of archers to not get completely wiped out in one nuke).

After getting fireball my main general's army doesn't even do all that much. Mainly just exist to shoot brimoraks and fire elementals...

Do I need to be strategic about saving enemy forts for morale purposes? I certainly haven't been waiting for the banner to turn yellow between fort captures. Is that gonna bite me later?

Desiderius

Patron
I try to just take one fight per day, which is kind of dumb but works out. Sometimes I go ahead and take two. Like Daidre said you can probably end up managing the Morale if you rush but taking your time lets you get enough infra up for ch 5 and lets you keep your spells fresh when traveling.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
I always rush and never had morale issues.
I think this was a problem when the game came out, now you have some random enemy armies spawning, keeping your morale high by victory.
(Which btw sucks and its a chore).

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I think this was a problem when the game came out, now you have some random enemy armies spawning, keeping your morale high by victory.
you always had random weak armies spawning to attack.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
you always had random weak armies spawning to attack.
There was a bug where they stopped spawning and morale would go down and you could not do anything about it.

Desiderius

Patron
Morale still gets drained if you stop conquering locations.

Desiderius

Patron
Hold on, does Pounce work with Demonic Charge? It’s not an attack right?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom