Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Got jumped by Devarra on way to Greengates. Don’t remember that happening before. Is it customary to just hunt her down first? Used to wait for lvl 11.

Humbaba

Arcane
I always rush and never had morale issues.
I think this was a problem when the game came out, now you have some random enemy armies spawning, keeping your morale high by victory.
(Which btw sucks and its a chore).
you always had random weak armies spawning to attack.
There was a bug where they stopped spawning and morale would go down and you could not do anything about it.
Iirc spawning armies never replenished morale, only conquering areas and defeating stationary armies does.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Got jumped by Devarra on way to Greengates. Don’t remember that happening before. Is it customary to just hunt her down first? Used to wait for lvl 11.
That does tend to happen. That's why I don't speak to Graybor in the tavern until l'm ready.
She doesn't spawn then.

Just don't delay it too long - I want Graybor onboard when you're ready to upgrade the cavalry.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
DLC1 question

When Inevitable excess came out, you had to kill Inevitable Darkness to have rifts with items from the DLC appear in the main game.
I killed it on hard, 1000 patches ago.
Did they change anything that requires to kill it again? Maybe on Unfair?

Rewards you can get in the main campaign do depend on the DLC1 difficulty AFAIK.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Do I need to be strategic about saving enemy forts for morale purposes? I certainly haven't been waiting for the banner to turn yellow between fort captures. Is that gonna bite me later?
As far as I know, no. This was changed not to "run out of" forts.
And morale gains from conquests cumulate and last.

Rhobar121

Scholar
From what I remember there is a building that neutralizes the morale effect. I just don't remember if it unlocks in act 3 or 5.
In practice, morale doesn't matter as long as you have a general mage, usually one spell is enough to end the fight.

The mechanics are so insignificant that I have no idea why it exists at all.
I don't know why owlcat puts so much emphasis on management mechanics. The game would have been much better if they had completed the rest of the game instead.

Desiderius

Patron
That does tend to happen. That's why I don't speak to Graybor in the tavern until l'm ready.
She doesn't spawn then.

Just don't delay it too long - I want Graybor onboard when you're ready to upgrade the cavalry.
Ah that’s what did it. I used to delay it back when it cost 25k. Now that it’s only 2.5k I figured I’d get things rolling while I was picking up the Goggles. Thx for the tip.

Second time she showed up (first time was wipe) I had time to get fire resist/prot up and to spread out and let Fear Immune Seelah (and some summons) tank her. She left before I could do any damage (no Snowballs up and didn’t want to risk MC who can hit her, Seelah’s Bless Weapon Keen Scimitar got a little unlucky).

Final switch I hope to Primalist Cleaver (Gold Dragon/Destined Bloodline) for Demon. I’ll hold off on Gold Dragon Natural Attax build for Shifter DLC.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik

If you avoid the fire breath and run away, she eventually goes away after following for like 10 secs.

Desiderius

Patron

If you avoid the fire breath and run away, she eventually goes away after following for like 10 secs.
Finally figured that out. First time didn’t have a chance to.

Big Game Gloves working now is a big game. Might not need to bring Cam’s Snowballs at all to the main fight.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Are the other mythic quests insane like azata's? First the slave market fight, after that mephistoteles. It actually made me reduce the difficulty because he keep spamming sirrocco+hellfire ray, etc.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Are the other mythic quests insane like azata's? First the slave market fight, after that mephistoteles. It actually made me reduce the difficulty because he keep spamming sirrocco+hellfire ray, etc.
Most of hem have some super boss. Aeon fights
even meaner version of Meph
and Trickster and Demon for example can optionally fight, imho, nastiest enemy in the game:
Nocticula

Yosharian

Arcane
Most of hem have some super boss. Aeon fights
even meaner version of Meph
and Trickster and Demon for example can optionally fight, imho, nastiest enemy in the game:
Nocticula
I'm looking forward to kicking that bitch's ass

Parabalus

Arcane
Which mythic path is in a better place atm, demon or lich?

Played through as trickster on release.

Daidre

Arcane

They are pretty close, it is matter of flavor.

Imo, Trickster is worst possible choice for the first time run and got the least amount of narrative content too. So little, that sometimes it seems they had run out of time mid-development and never bothered to put it in-line with all other "basic" Mythic Paths. I have played Aeon for the first time recently and difference in reactivity is just... brutal.

Parabalus

Arcane

Imo, Trickster is worst possible choice for the first time run and got the least amount of narrative content too. So little, that sometimes it seems they had run out of time mid-development and never bothered to put it in-line with all other "basic" Mythic Paths. I have played Aeon for the first time recently and difference in reactivity is just... brutal.

I played Aeon during beta so didn't really want to do it again.

Didn't dislike Trickster at all, felt like it had a lot of interactivity. Guess I'll be pleasantly surprised by the rest.

Think I'll actually go with Angel, forgot about that one.

Yosharian

Arcane

Really, it's that bad?

Parabalus

Arcane

Really, it's that bad?

You get beer elementals and get to turn people into inanimate objects all the time, can get an extra crystal too - don't think it's that bad.

Yosharian

Arcane
I have been reflecting on what you get from the Trickster path and it is really nice but I am considering switching to other paths because essentially the crit feats amount mostly to 'Win More'. And I'm not wild about the Trickster theme.

However, I'm not sure what other paths would work better frankly, since you pretty much lose all their abilities. At least with Trickster you get to keep something.

Yosharian

Arcane
I've even considered replacing it entirely with Demon but ehhh I'd kind of have to give up Paladin that case

At least then I would be able to fight
Noct
though which I really want to do

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Meh they added cutscenes to the main game like in "through the ashes".
Just started a game and saw it in the cutscene of Deskari killing Terendelev.
:decline:

Daidre

Arcane
Really, it's that bad?
It is amazing mechanically but its tone is huge hit or miss depending on tastes.

I have played 5/6 basic Mythic paths (and my Lich run was interrupted in the middle by fatal modding accident in Chapter 4) and my impression were like:

- Angel, amazing mechanically, on merged casters - to the point of being broken. Very solid story-wise, lot of content and writing is pretty nice. Could be a bit boring (or predictable) from time time, but it is a solid Crusade against evil experience as it was supposed to be in original module.
- Aeon, very cool narrative and reactivity, only path that forces you to RP your mythic choice to get most out of it. But it is one of the weakest paths mechanically until MR 6, ok-to-strong after depending on build. Weird case where Mythic Core Mechanics - Aeon Gazes and Bane Weapon clash with each other (and with itself in case of Gaze!), cluttering action-economy.
- Lich, from what I saw, above average on the narrative side, very strong on merged casters with unique spellbook and surprisingly good on martials.
- Azata, average amount of story content, but tone is hit or miss - for my tastes it is too tryhard in its desperate attempts to be "cute". Sugar overdose. Average mechanically too, but Azata is early-bloomer so that is a huge plus in the game where last 4 MRs crammed into last 20 hours of 100-hour long journey.
- Trickster, as I've already mentioned, it is even bigger hit-or-miss story-wise. Whole drunken revelry aspect is a huge turn off for me personally. Also, the least amount of unique content. But I absolutely love it mechanically and it is an only path that can inherit something after the path-switch in Chapters 5.
- Demon, one of the richest narratively, although huge chunk of it in the Chapter 4 and fits main storyline exceptionally well. A bit backloaded on the power curve, blooms around MR 5, but it is still the best path for DC casters and some niche melees, like Vital Strikes or natural attackers.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
Demon, one of the richest narratively, although huge chunk of it in the Chapter 4 and fits main storyline exceptionally well. A bit backloaded on the power curve, blooms around MR 5, but it is still the best path for DC casters and some niche melees, like Vital Strikes or natural attackers.
Hmm cool. I think I will definitely play Demon at some point but I want to devise something different from my Trickster mounted charger, can't play the same shit over and over.

Parabalus

Arcane
Really, it's that bad?
It is amazing mechanically but its tone is huge hit or miss depending on tastes.

I have played 5/6 basic Mythic paths (and my Lich run was interrupted in the middle by fatal modding accident in Chapter 4) and my impression were like:

- Angel, amazing mechanically, on merged casters - to the point of being broken. Very solid story-wise, lot of content and writing is pretty nice. Could be a bit boring (or predictable) from time time, but it is a solid Crusade against evil experience as it was supposed to be in original module.
- Aeon, very cool narrative and reactivity, only path that forces you to RP your mythic choice to get most out of it. But it is one of the weakest paths mechanically until MR 6, ok-to-strong after depending on build. Weird case where Mythic Core Mechanics - Aeon Gazes and Bane Weapon clash with each other (and with itself in case of Gaze!), cluttering action-economy.
- Lich, from what I saw, above average on the narrative side, very strong on merged casters with unique spellbook and surprisingly good on martials.
- Azata, average amount of story content, but tone is hit or miss - for my tastes it is too tryhard with in its desperate attempts to be "cute". Sugar overdose. Average mechanically too, but Azata is early-bloomer so that is a huge plus in the game where last 4 MRs crammed into last 20 hours of 100-hour long journey.
- Trickster, as I've already mentioned, it is even bigger hit-or-miss story-wise. Whole drunken revelry aspect is a huge turn off for me personally. Also, the least amount of unique content. But I absolutely love it mechanically and it is an only path that can inherit something after the path-switch in Chapters 5.
- Demon, one of the richest narratively, although huge chunk of it in the Chapter 4 and fits main storyline exceptionally well. A bit backloaded on the power curve, blooms around MR 5, but it is still the best path for DC casters and some niche melees, like Vital Strikes or natural attackers.

Which ones do you think will get the most content added with new patches?

Daidre

Arcane
Which ones do you think will get the most content added with new patches?
Honestly, none of them. Olwcat was pressured to extend Golden Dragon/Devil paths for a long time, some content was datamined or mentioned as planned by CM on Reddit, but most of it never made it into EE. But at least there is some vague hope for those two.

Imho, we wont see anything but mechanical balancing/bugfixing (and that is optimistic!) for the main 6 paths any time soon.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom