Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
- Trickster, as I've already mentioned, it is even bigger hit-or-miss story-wise. Whole drunken revelry aspect is a huge turn off for me personally. Also, the least amount of unique content. But I absolutely love it mechanically and it is an only path that can inherit something after the path-switch in Chapters 5.

Don't merged Angel/Lich keep its mythic spells in case of switching in chapter V?

Tao

Savant
Can you memorize the Lich necro mythic spells with the school slot yet, or is still not thing? I'm thinking in giving the game another try and finalize it this time but i'm not sure if i want to remake my cruomancer or going just universal wizard.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
TTT has very nice Mythic revamp, especially for Trickster.

Parabalus

Arcane
So I'm trying out Angle Oracle in Inevitable Excess - how can it even compete with martials for damage?

You can get 300 damage per target in an AoE, but everything has a few thousand HP, so you run out of spells quick if chain casting.
Compared to buffing and attack moving it seems much involved.

Desiderius

Patron
Angel Oracle gets to Frightful Aspect fast so it can both attack and cast, but you can also build a nuking party (like MDP in Wiz8) and layer that damage among several casters to delete screen by the time you hit lvl 20 if you want.

300 AoE x 6 is (more than) enough. I haven't gotten into the ins and outs of Metamagic with Mythic Spells yet so can't speak to it but whenever I underestimate nukes somebody comes along who owns with it.

Random-ass bug: Healer's Touch, an ability on the Life Shaman tree:

Healer's Touch: The shaman gains a +4 bonus on Lore(Religion) checks. As a standard action, heal blablablabla who cares its a shit use of your standard action

But it doesn't, it boosts Lore (Nature).
Yeah I reported this when I ran Second Spirit Life on Cam to give her Channeling and Resto/Rez for Drezen fight. Which is unfortunate since groups with Daeran instead of Sosiel could use her to cover Religion Lore.

Niche DNE shit. It - can - bring stuff back from unconsciousness at range without needing a Touch. If somehow you've got several people in that situation you could bring back several. Could have used it vs Devarra who torched team that needed to get up and run. It's also infinite use IIRC so you can spam to bring stuff at - HP up over zero without using resources.

Tristian had a similar ability from Healing Domain (Rebuke Death?) which was a good bit worse.

Both abilities are designed for stabilization mechanics that aren't in game AFAICT.

Last edited:

Parabalus

Arcane
Angel Oracle gets to Frightful Aspect fast so it can both attack and cast, but you can also build a nuking party (like MDP in Wiz8) and layer that damage among several casters to delete screen by the time you hit lvl 20 if you want.

300 AoE x 6 is (more than) enough. I haven't gotten into the ins and outs of Metamagic with Mythic Spells yet so can't speak to it but whenever I underestimate nukes somebody comes along who owns with it.

DLC puts you at lvl 20 immediately.

But with a full party comparison you're competing against teamwork feat spam as well.

I expected Angle Oracle to delete screens without much setup, so how do you do it?

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
You can get 300 damage per target in an AoE, but everything has a few thousand HP, so you run out of spells quick if chain casting.
Compared to buffing and attack moving it seems much involved.
It is possible to push it closer to 700+ damage per cast from Storm of Justice, but that will require Metamagic - Bolster + Empower (Favorite from Mythic to make it +1CL), and Maximize Rod on top. Sword of Light with unique cloak gives another +4d6 and all +CL item are good too since Angel's spells got unlimited scaling, like that +3 CL robe from the DLC 3.
Abolish Guile upgrade from the Sword of Justice also works against many enemy types for extra +50% damage on top.

And even without pure damage spells Angel still got Mass version of Divine Power and could cover his whole party with Sun Marked spell for +7d6 Holy damage (and more with CL items) on each attack. Archers and dual-throwers would love that. And he could fight himself with all those buffs, of course.

But I guess most of the rare items are moot point for the new char in DLC 1, so no wonder he will be behind performance-wise.

Desiderius

Patron
Bane of Spirit is insanely OP
Are you having trouble bypassing DR? My understanding is that you can't stack Magic Weapon, Greater any more to bypass everything but Mighty Claws + 4 is on Smilo Pack Leader?

Great vs Swarms obv and I like the bonuses. Free Actions are great!

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Wasn't merging with spontaneous casters nerfed? As you reach high level spells much later.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Bane of Spirit is insanely OP
Are you having trouble bypassing DR? My understanding is that you can't stack Magic Weapon, Greater any more to bypass everything but Mighty Claws + 4 is on Smilo Pack Leader?

Great vs Swarms obv and I like the bonuses. Free Actions are great!

No, it's for Swarms and similar stuff. Since I got the +3 Amulet (now +4) I haven't had any trouble with DR.

Parabalus

Arcane
Wasn't merging with spontaneous casters nerfed? As you reach high level spells much later.

You get your class spells later, but can still cast mythic spells sooner.

So you get 9th level angel spells while getting 6th or 7th level oracle spells.

Given that mythic spells are stronger than class spells it's not much of a loss.

Desiderius

Patron
Man, Instant Enemy + Big Game Quarry + (Improved) Ranger’s Bond is a helluva turn.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

- Aeon, very cool narrative and reactivity, only path that forces you to RP your mythic choice to get most out of it. But it is one of the weakest paths mechanically until MR 6, ok-to-strong after depending on build. Weird case where Mythic Core Mechanics - Aeon Gazes and Bane Weapon clash with each other (and with itself in case of Gaze!), cluttering action-economy.
I guess this was an issue at release, but Aeon Gaze has been changed to Free Action, so no longer a problem.
Also I'm quite confident its one of the strongest paths late game (along with Trickster, Legend and Demon).
- Azata, average amount of story content, but tone is hit or miss - for my tastes it is too tryhard in its desperate attempts to be "cute". Sugar overdose. Average mechanically too, but Azata is early-bloomer so that is a huge plus in the game where last 4 MRs crammed into last 20 hours of 100-hour long journey.
Azata is okay for casters, but IMO not average but simply weak for martial characters.
- Trickster, as I've already mentioned, it is even bigger hit-or-miss story-wise. Whole drunken revelry aspect is a huge turn off for me personally. Also, the least amount of unique content. But I absolutely love it mechanically and it is an only path that can inherit something after the path-switch in Chapters 5.
Well, actually so far the late game paths also inherit mythic spells from merged spellbooks (angel or lich).

Rhobar121

Scholar
Rather, nothing (except maybe Lich) compares to the power of the Oracle Angel.
I don't even mention the unique buffs.
Storm of Justice itself is broken. Not only does ignore the target's magic resistance, it also always hits.
From what I remember, unlike most AOEs in the game, target can't reduce damage, only avoid prone.
With the quicken metamagic rod, you will most likely kill most enemies within 1-2 turns.
In the main campaign, even a limited number of spells does nothing because you can rest as much as you want, although even without it, you have a lot of spell slots due to Heighten Spell.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Angel not strong late?
I mean its fine. But it peaks early and IMO doesn't gain so much late game as these other paths.

You won't have any trouble with it, but won't dominate as much end game, as the other paths.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Azata is okay for casters, but IMO not average but simply weak for martial characters.
I played sword saint 20/azata on core, and it did not feel weak. Maybe it would feel different now with the elemental damage stacking feat being nerfed, but idk. Azata gives a decent amount of tankyness, and sword saint can supply plenty of deeps.

Azata is probably better for casters (free reroll on all your save spells, double target on all ray spells is goood), but still. The dragon was also really strong, but with Aivu's dispel nerfed she might feel very underwhelming now.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
New ring from the DLC 3
LvpRCv6.png

Turns personal version of Incredible Might superpower into Moral +10-20 Attack/Damage bonus. It is lootable in beginning of Chapter 4 and sends martial Azatas to... interesting places.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Yeah, I guess with the ring they become somewhat competitive. But you need the DLC and it's not exactly early. Till late game its still only a bit more bonus then Greater Heroism/Heroic Invocation.
Plus its not a very creative/interesting bonus.

Desiderius

Patron
Yeah, I guess with the ring they become somewhat competitive. But you need the DLC and it's not exactly early. Till late game its still only a bit more bonus then Greater Heroism/Heroic Invocation.
Plus its not a very creative/interesting bonus.
Regill’s Aura is scaling Morale AC. Also would double Morale Saves bonuses. I guess that’s not Azata exclusive.

Been using the Morale AC vs Undead Amulet on Seelah.

Yosharian

Arcane
How are you getting these DLC items in the main campaign?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom