Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Parabalus

Arcane
Rather, nothing (except maybe Lich) compares to the power of the Oracle Angel.
I don't even mention the unique buffs.
Storm of Justice itself is broken. Not only does ignore the target's magic resistance, it also always hits.
From what I remember, unlike most AOEs in the game, target can't reduce damage, only avoid prone.
With the quicken metamagic rod, you will most likely kill most enemies within 1-2 turns.
In the main campaign, even a limited number of spells does nothing because you can rest as much as you want, although even without it, you have a lot of spell slots due to Heighten Spell.
Do you just rest after every encounter or what?

And even without pure damage spells Angel still got Mass version of Divine Power and could cover his whole party with Sun Marked spell for +7d6 Holy damage (and more with CL items) on each attack. Archers and dual-throwers would love that. And he could fight himself with all those buffs, of course.

Well that's the comparison right, why waste time casting damage spells&resting when you can whack stuff instead?

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Well that's the comparison right, why waste time casting damage spells&resting when you can whack stuff instead?
That depends on what you are trying to kill. Angel's Bolt of Justice spell is guaranteed damage - Hellfire Ray could do bigger damage, potentially, but it requires beating SR and successful attack roll. So, for example, Very Playful Darkness with her 100+ Touch AC is a child play for Angel/Lich, but pain for everybody else. Or main game's last boss, with non-dispellable 50% miss chance.

Last edited:

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
So, as I suspected, Metal Curse does not work with the Kineticist Metal blast.

However, it works with everything else metal. Throwing axes, morning stars, glaives..

OK, Owlcat. OK.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Melee General with Conscripts, Shout.jpg

Melee General in action. High DC Shout (took the General that starts with Spellcraft), then big stack of garbage gets buffed enough to slay.

Rangers Favored Enemy Demons.jpg

Took Rangers because already had a stack of them. Favored Enemy Demon working now. They're fine and take less babysitting than Marksmen.

Mounted Scouts BAB.jpg

Mounted Scouts BAB is bugged. Should either be getting one attack at +11 BAB or 3 at +11/+6/+1 if it hasn't moved. Instead move with +6/+1.

Undead Skip.jpg

Let me skip Undead fight I was dreading (although Clerics may have been able to Heal them to death) with a 7 Army vs 6 for some reason.

Desiderius

Patron
11 Primalist 55AB.jpg
Primalist Demon AB getting up there. Now to get the damage up too. Looks like I ran out of Demon Rage and just using regular. Mod changes it from fights to rounds but it drains pretty fast.

Athletics check by MC.jpg

MC handing Athletics check nicely (pet can't do book dialogue)

Primalist 11 Swift True Strike.jpg

Bloodrager can get a Swift True Strike when it starts Rage. Here combined it with Intimidate to set up Greybor's Shatter. Destined Strike is Free Action mini True Strike from Destined Bloodline.

Wolf 11 57CMB.jpg

Daeran's Wolf's CMB keeps climbing

Seelah 11 Bless Crit killing Devarra.jpg

Keen Scimitar + Bless Weapon crits a lot even when all the Defensive abilities are up.

Seelah tanking Greengates.jpg

Getting there on the tanking.

Seelah 10 tanking Voetiel 57 AC.jpg

Didn't get a shot vs Devarra because killed her too fast.

Greybor 11 7 attax vs Devarra.jpg

TTT Greybor can just slay.

Devarra debuffs.jpg

Was able to get some decent debuffs thru the SR.

Nenio 10 28 DC Color Spray.jpg

28 DC on the old first level spell here, not bad.

Nenio 10 high DC Rainbow Pattern.jpg

Using Rainbow Pattern here to just skip enemy turns like DOS II

Nenio 11 34 DC.jpg

Unfortunately this didn't seem to do much on Devarra. I have a feeling that won't be the case often.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Anybody know if doing a lot of damage to Devarra in the ambush makes any difference on what ensues?

Greybor 11 111 crit wound is deep.jpg

Loss of Blood.jpg

Does the "loss of blood" give you more time?

Like to get this Relic done first:

Nature Shirt.jpg

For this:

Nature Check made by Nenio.jpg

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
How are you getting these DLC items in the main campaign?

Presumably by playing the DLC in the main campaign?
:philosoraptor:

I thought that the DLC was a separate adventure that you played after you finished the main game? I'm so confused
The Treasure of the Midnight Isles (DLC 3) is like the not-quite-infinite dungeon (Beneath the Stolen Lands) from Kingmaker... you can play it separately or as part of the main campaign. You might be thinking of DLC1 which is separate from the main campaign.

Yosharian

Arcane
Oh fuck I didn't know you could do that

Wait so everything from the Midnight Island can be gotten in the MC now?

Yosharian

Arcane
Can you get this for example:

Broken Trickster
This mask grants its wearer immunity to poison and a +6 bonus to Wisdom and Charisma ability scores. It also makes it impossible to identify the wearer's alignment. Whenever the wearer takes damage of any energy type, they gain resistance 20 to this energy for 1 round. Whenever the wearer takes physical damage, they gain DR 20/- for 1 round.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Not everything, no. And some items are nerfed in the integrated campaign (like the Uber vorpal sword from the final boss).

But apparently it's possible to get quite many items. Some of it random, perhaps?

Yosharian

Arcane

Not everything, no. And some items are nerfed in the integrated campaign (like the Uber vorpal sword from the final boss).

But apparently it's possible to get quite many items. Some of it random, perhaps?
Hmm. So is there a list?

Parabalus

Arcane
Through the Ashes content for base campaign can be gotten at any difficulty, while for IE Hard is enough?

Parabalus

Arcane
Through the Ashes content for base campaign can be gotten at any difficulty, while for IE Hard is enough?

Apparently you also want to do IE on a Lich, they get an extra goodie.

Is it enough to bump the difficulty for the PD fight, or do you keep have to keep it on Hard from start to finish?

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Tsubutai

Educated
For maximum main campaign goodies, you need to kill the secret boss of IE on unfair.

What do you get extra compared to Hard?

Also, is it enough to change it right before the fight, or do you need to set it at DLC start?
Killing it on unfair adds a ring of evasion to the first rift (lol), upgrades the belt of physical perfection in the second rift from +6 to flawless +8, and adds a flawless cloak of resistance to the third rift afaik. You only have to have the difficulty on unfair when you do the boss fight to get the unfair rewards.

Desiderius

Patron
Hey man Ring of Evasion is pretty good against Khor Lightning.

Yosharian

Arcane
For maximum main campaign goodies, you need to kill the secret boss of IE on unfair.

Also, is it enough to change it right before the fight, or do you need to set it at DLC start?
Killing it on unfair adds a ring of evasion to the first rift (lol), upgrades the belt of physical perfection in the second rift from +6 to flawless +8, and adds a flawless cloak of resistance to the third rift afaik. You only have to have the difficulty on unfair when you do the boss fight to get the unfair rewards.
Huh are you sure its the cloak?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

As far as I know the "unfair reward" belt +8 also improves the critical range by 1.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
So, since Elemental barrage is kill, what do with melee Camelia?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom