Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
image.png

This game gets ridiculous by level 20.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Player choice, amirite?
More seriously, sir, I know that you are very knowledgeable and passionate about this game and its predecessor and I'm just coming back to it after a long hiatus. Will you please rate my next PC? I'm thinking of going Lich MP, so Death Knight, of course.

Anyway, I'm making him the Vampire Hunter D Dhampir thing for +str +int, then starting as fighter. At fighter 1, I can take both arcane armour training and arcane armour mastery for -20% to casting in armour. You get level 2 right away, so there I can take my necromancer spec mage and use the wizard bonus feat to take spell focus necromancy. Naturally, I'll be aiming at the Eldritch Knight class for maximum awesome.

Pretty sweet, right?
For such a build, consider 2 levels in Hellknight Signifier. Gets Armor Mastery for free and also can pick Order of the Gate to fully eliminate ASF in Mithral Plate.

Those gish lich builds are a bit tight on feats, but what can you do. At least they compensate with awesome buffs (and Corrupt Magic making bossses your bitches).

Yosharian

Arcane
Player choice, amirite?
More seriously, sir, I know that you are very knowledgeable and passionate about this game and its predecessor and I'm just coming back to it after a long hiatus. Will you please rate my next PC? I'm thinking of going Lich MP, so Death Knight, of course.

Anyway, I'm making him the Vampire Hunter D Dhampir thing for +str +int, then starting as fighter. At fighter 1, I can take both arcane armour training and arcane armour mastery for -20% to casting in armour. You get level 2 right away, so there I can take my necromancer spec mage and use the wizard bonus feat to take spell focus necromancy. Naturally, I'll be aiming at the Eldritch Knight class for maximum awesome.

Pretty sweet, right?
For such a build, consider 2 levels in Hellknight Signifier. Gets Armor Mastery for free and also can pick Order of the Gate to fully eliminate ASF in Mithral Plate.

Those gish lich builds are a bit tight on feats, but what can you do. At least they compensate with awesome buffs (and Corrupt Magic making bossses your bitches).
Only gets Mastery if you already have the 10% feat right?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Player choice, amirite?

Pretty sweet, right?

Only gets Mastery if you already have the 10% feat right?
Yeah, the basic Armor Training is the Prestige Class requirement.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
And those stats are kinda nothing :lol: Fully buffed Angel or Legend is beyond godhood.

Yes, I know player character can get absurd, but that is to be expected at a level because of mythic paths. This is just a companion, which demonstrates the point better I think.

I don't remember Angel getting any stats boost....?
Anyway, Kestoglyr can easily reach 60+ strength, take that dex simps.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Hey thanks bro.
THIS is what Barbs are for.

My man.

you mean it gets easy? how would you compare it with kingmakers end game?
Harder, but manageable. The bonuses are high on the familiar scale from 1 to say 40, but not so much from 1 to 100. Owlcat stretches out the scale on both sides (friend and foe) to make room for greater granularity. Further in Wrath than P:K.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Yosharian I just checked, and when the cold aura from White Dragon kicks in, Resist Energy negates it without it harming my Protection from Energy shield.

Desiderius

Patron
Yosharian I just checked, and when the cold aura from White Dragon kicks in, Resist Energy negates it without it harming my Protection from Energy shield.
Cool. It still triggers the Mythic Bonus for Enforce Vigor even if it’s prevented. Pretty sure it also turns on the extra damage dice from the Shirt too.

Last edited:

Humbaba

Arcane
So Swarm really is supposed to be a challenge run. The encounter with the ivory hunter I could manage, just running around everyone and waiting for swarm infest to do it but now they expect me to solo 6 mythic derakni soldiers. Wonder how I'll get out of that one.

Desiderius

Patron
Bro, do you even dip?

Current party:

MC Vanguard 14/Aeon4 (Mounted on Bismuth)
Seelah Pal5/TSS1/Pal8 (next two levels TSS then we'll see, might take a Scaled Fist level for Monk items)
Lann ZA2/Drovier10/ZA1/Drovier (Mounted on Smilo)
Sos Cleric 14 (respec Toughness/Heavy Prof -> Spell Pen/Greater since already have two Heavies)
Nenio Scroll Savant 14
Reg Armiger5/HK9 (Law/Nobility/Travel Domain)

I actually tried to take as many classes as possible and the game engine UI for levelups just starts to bug out and fail if you dip too much. Around 10-12 is where the game just went unresponsive for me. If we're lucky this will get fixed next patch and in its place something actually important will be broken instead. Someone go post some meme build on reddit with 15 different classes so they'll complain.

IllusiveBrian

Novice
I actually tried to take as many classes as possible and the game engine UI for levelups just starts to bug out and fail if you dip too much. Around 10-12 is where the game just went unresponsive for me. If we're lucky this will get fixed next patch and in its place something actually important will be broken instead. Someone go post some meme build on reddit with 15 different classes so they'll complain.
At one point I tried to figure out if you could take a level in every class before taking more than one level in anything, if my count was right there are 38 classes but the problem is qualifying for Loremaster since it requires 3rd level spells, and Mystic Theurge is a bit hard too.

Desiderius

Patron
At one point I tried to figure out if you could take a level in every class before taking more than one level in anything, if my count was right there are 38 classes but the problem is qualifying for Loremaster since it requires 3rd level spells, and Mystic Theurge is a bit hard too.
Max Minner.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom