Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Well, SSS felt like DLC (still good for what it was IMO).
BoW... well...maybe DLC... but a reaaally solid and good one.

Forgotten Sanctum... okay, maybe not quite the size of a solid expansion. But the quality - sure.

Efe

Erudite
white march is overrated.
also both dlc and base game are a lot better in sequel though thats not really an achievement

Tenebris

Scholar
White March was the last good cRPG DLC we've seen. Everything after has been a cashgrab, sadly. :(

Well actually the Deadfire DLCs are also damn solid. If not on WM level.

Survivor-DLC was terrible. Beast of Winter was a really good effort but the result was fairly meh. Forgotten Sanctum was really fun, if somewhat unremarkable. None of them compare to White March which was absolutely fantastic.

Probably because White March felt like an actual expansion in the old vein, while Deadfire DLC was just that, DLC.

Beast of Winter really showed how disorganized Obsidian is with their writing. Someone asked one of the writers why Eder doesn't ask Waidwen about his brother and the reason?

He forgot to include it in the list of things to write

On another note Owlcat has confirmed they'll be doing more than 3 dlcs for Wrath. I hope they've learned something from the garbage they released.

ttW8Jpa.png

Psquit

Arcane
Probably a mythic path centric dlc with its own companions or something that further expand the mythic paths, god knows that the golden dragon, devil, etc. need some content.

Sarathiour

Cipher
Just started playing this, now thaht the dust has a bit settled.

Going mostly blind, in daring difficulty mod as a base (it's technically custom because I checked hard weather condition and few other miscellaneous thing.

Is there gap in some weapon categories like in Kingmaker ? I recall having followed a guide recommending scimitar for magus because I was a noob, only to end up with the same scimitar +2 for chapter 3 till pitax.

Delterius

Arcane
Probably a mythic path centric dlc with its own companions or something that further expand the mythic paths, god knows that the golden dragon, devil, etc. need some content.
I and several other people asked about the possibility in the AMAs. The response was that it's not impossible but very unlikely. Mythic Paths turned out to be way more work than they appear to be.

But hey I'd love some more paths. There are several creatures in a D&D-esque world that could make for amazing content with specific gods and powers. Djinns would be my favorite in this case.

Tenebris

Scholar
I and several other people asked about the possibility in the AMAs. The response was that it's not impossible but very unlikely. Mythic Paths turned out to be way more work than they appear to be.

But hey I'd love some more paths. There are several creatures in a D&D-esque world that could make for amazing content with specific gods and powers. Djinns would be my favorite in this case.

Unlikely as it is I'd hope they at the very least make the late game paths available a tiny bit earlier. I remember them justifying them over the Kickstarter by saying something along the lines of "Oh don't worry. You will have two full acts to play as them!"....and we all know just how great the last two acts is.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Going mostly blind, in daring difficulty mod as a base (it's technically custom because I checked hard weather condition and few other miscellaneous thing.

Is there gap in some weapon categories like in Kingmaker ? I recall having followed a guide recommending scimitar for magus because I was a noob, only to end up with the same scimitar +2 for chapter 3 till pitax.

I think its much less of an issue this time around. Guess most racial exotics are less represented.
Still there are some weapons/categories that have strongest uniques (like greataxes/handaxes) or best representation in general (like daggers).
Reach its still very good, therefore fauchards are still a very good pick.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Glad to see I'm still right about the game. Act 4 still runs like absolute shit from a butt and every fight is basically the same procedure of buffing up, spamming as many no-save spells as possible and then resting to get rid of the inevitable stat drain an debuffs.

Humbaba

Arcane

There's actually very good weapon variety overall. There were many moments where I found a good weapon none of my guys could efficiently use and where I thought "damn if only I specced into this weapon type". Exotics still remain rare. Avoid cleave builds, unless you're gonna use scythes, those work really well I've heard.

plem

Learned

without going into spoilers, there's a way to get a +1 version of any weapon early which should be fine for the first act

over the course of the game you'll easily find weapons of any category with +5 and magic properties

Sarathiour

Cipher

without going into spoilers, there's a way to get a +1 version of any weapon early which should be fine for the first act

over the course of the game you'll easily find weapons of any category with +5 and magic properties

My grip was more progression being shit for some weapon that really were not that exotic.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I1YzLmS.png

Is the DLC THAT bad?

No, the base game is. :smug:
Yikes. Seems like the Owlcucks on Steam have started waking up.

I see even the base game went from the over 90% the fanboys gave it on release (no doubt naively assuming the devs would fix it) to 81%.

Nope. The base game is fine(worse than Kingmaker) but this DLC seems like pure trash.

Soon Black Geyser will be released and then, KoTC2 will be in GoG/Steam. Why anyone would buy that DLC?

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Soon Black Geyser will be released and then, KoTC2 will be in GoG/Steam.
I bet that next to that wonderful piece of software:
sOCn6Nh.png
Wrath and its DLC wouldn't look half bad. Owlcat coders committed countless sins against their customers but I don't remember them crash-deleting my saves like, ever.

And if you hate clock puzzles?
Enjoy solving some high school algebra instead)

PS Yes, I know that Pierre patched it couple dozen times already

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
That is piece of cake. I just hate trial and error puzzles.
Well, I can grumble about KotC 2 technical state at release for a long, long time, but I still give nothing but my sincere gratitude to Pierre for adding optional "Just give me the fucking answer" button to the most of his puzzles.

When Wrath's puzzles are just several layers of awful heaped upon each other - they not only barely give you any clues about how those damn puzzles should be solved, but they also give you ZERO feedback at the intermediate stages of solving and you never know whether you are on the right path or completely misunderstood the rules and just hitting your head against the wall.

Enigma's arrows puzzle is the best example:
yIeW55J.png
Why the fuck not to add some visible highlight to the symbol when it has correct number of arrows pointing at it?!

Last edited:

Efe

Erudite
I didnt even know the logic of this puzzle until post above.
Looked at the picture and still didnt get it until I read whats below it

Humbaba

Arcane
Well, I can grumble about KotC 2 technical state at release for a long, long time, but I still give nothing but my sincere gratitude to Pierre for adding optional "Just give me the fucking answer" button to the most of his puzzles.

When Wrath's puzzles are just several layers of awful heaped upon each other - they not only barely give you any clues about how those damn puzzles should be solved, but they also give you ZERO feedback at the intermediate stages of solving and you never know whether you are on the right path or completely misunderstood the rules and just hitting your head against the wall.

Enigma's arrows puzzle is the best example:
yIeW55J.png
Why the fuck not to add some visible highlight to the symbol when it has correct number of arrows pointing at it?!

Or just give any indication that those fucking runes are supposed to be numbers in the first place. Ffs whatever happened to good old logic puzzles?

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Why is it that a sorcerer, a spellcasting class based on Charisma, isn't able to merge their spellbook with Azata spells, a Mythic class based on Charisma? :hmmm:

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
I like how there's this "Tough Balor" in Drezen that drops a +1 Longsword.
You know, a balor... Described as "the epitome of demonkind", monsters that could easily serve as the BBEG for any campaign by themselves. Powerful beyond mortal ken, every single one essentially a unique character unto himself.

+1 Longsword.

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You know, a balor... Described as "the epitome of demonkind", monsters that could easily serve as the BBEG for any campaign by themselves. Powerful beyond mortal ken, every single one essentially a unique character unto himself.

+1 Longsword.
Well obviously he didn't need it, one way or the other.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy

+1 Longsword.
Well obviously he didn't need it, one way or the other.

Maybe they trained him wrong, as a joke.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom