Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Inf0mercial

Augur
So i am doing demon mythic path and while i am not that far into it i heard all the complaints about it being underpowered compared to others with spells and such, but i am loving it purely because of Demonic charge nothing resists it and its 2d6 unholy damage per myth rank charge per round.

This is everything i ever wanted to kill swarms and the entire blackwater area, i can't think of how easy xanthir will be, its also surprisingly easy to use as its the move action so attack then charge and its an extra 6x6 damage a round for entirety of act 3.

I have yet to get around to angel, but is it just because angel gets better late game spells that its hyped so much? Demonic rage is a useless thing so far besides bosses i suppose but a glance at the wiki shows that is what its meant for with all buffs.

Is this one of those situations people go " no no see that build is super suboptimal at level 17" " but its good 1-16" " yes but its suboptimal compared to this build at level 17 onwards so its all trash" Because most games let you spend fuck all time at late levels this one included.

Edit: so you can right click leave demonic charge on and you attack normally making it way better idk i am really liking this so far.

Last edited:

Efe

Erudite
probably had less aspect slots available and/or weaker aspects
I dont like the spellbook either. azata had lot more unique stuff

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I'm out of the loop, what happened to azata ?
Aivu's caster level was nerfed from 35 at Azata's max level to 20.
It was used for super Great Dispel on end game enemies and now it is nothing special.

Also Zippy Magic now only works with the spells so it no longer duplicates some tricky cases like Kinetic Blast and Vital Strike.

Thonius

Arcane
I didnt even know the logic of this puzzle until post above.
Looked at the picture and still didnt get it until I read whats below it
Worst of all with those puzzles is that slabs or tablets icons are small in inventory. I tried to solve it but decided to keep my eyes healthy and just googled it. lol.

Sarathiour

Cipher
i think I need to contribute to the meme by sharing that I just got filtered by the water elemental.

Reina

Arcane
Finally finished the game. Angel path, I gave up trying to do every quest in act 5, mainly because of bugs.

Overall though, I don't think act 5 itself was that bad. The problem is with pacing and lackluster resolution to many questlines, mainly companion ones.

Seelah is extreme disappointment. Boring story for boring character, ugh.
Sosiel somehow repulses me as a character, though his questline had its moments.
Daeran's storyline started interesting then... I guess Owlcat ran out of budget. Waste of potential.
Regill's questline was so... low effort. Such a shame, he's definitely the most interesting companion out of bunch.
Lann's story I'd consider painfully average. Would've fit Kingmaker more than WoTR.
Arue, Ember and Woljiff actually have pretty decent personal stories, I enjoyed all three (and I will enjoy corrupting Arue in inevitable demon playthrough)
Didn't complete Nenio's and Camilla's quests.

Act 6... well, I had deja vu with Pillars of Eternity. Slog through enemies with inflated stats, underwhelming boss fight, pretty decent bonus boss fight, the end. Meh.

By the end of the game, all encounters looked basically the same: my angel MC was alone slaughtering everything with bolts of justice. I have to wonder if other paths have such obscenely OP spells as well, because that one was just ridiculous.

Also, I HATED 90% of puzzles. With passion.

Overall though, the game has some good moments, and I'll definitely replay it in nearest future, but it clearly loses steam after act 4. Such a shame. 7+/10 from me.

Humbaba

Arcane
Regill's questline was so... low effort. Such a shame, he's definitely the most interesting companion out of bunch.

I thought it was perfectly in character and a welcome change of pace from the usual companion quest formula tbh.

ferratilis

Magister
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1184370/view/3133948628978453388
image.png

Update 1.2.1g
Crusaders!

A new patch 1.2.1g is out now! It contains new content and fixes for the Inevitable Excess DLC and changes for the main campaign as well.

Highlights:

• Epilogues of the Inevitable Excess DLC have been improved. Lich, Demon and Azata got additional content;
  • You should be able to retrain your companions in the DLC now;
  • In the crusade mode it will be easier to increase the Leadership stat;
  • We’ve fixed the issue with loading some older saves. It was reported by macOS players, but could happen in the Windows version too;
  • It should be possible to pass through the doors in turn-based mode now.

Beware of possible plot spoilers!

Quests

• Captain Seilkind sometimes could disappear from Mineshaft Fourteen - fixed;
  • During the 4th visit of Socothbenoth, it was possible to pick some answers twice - fixed;
  • In Inevitable Excess DLC the epilogue has been enhanced and improved;
  • In Inevitable Excess DLC, a new content has been added for the Lich mythic path. Also mythic Lich can get a special reward in the main campaign, after importing a final save from the DLC into the 5th chapter;
  • In Inevitable Excess DLC, a note has been added to the journal that Valmallos will contact you himself when the time is right;
  • In Inevitable Excess DLC, Azata and Demon mythic paths got special new dialogue options;
  • In Inevitable Excess DLC, Devarra incorrectly reacted to the decisions made by the commander regarding her progeny - fixed;
  • In Inevitable Excess DLC, when using a special Trickster option in Deal with Shamira quest, it was impossible to complete the quest and move between the areas - fixed;
  • In Inevitable Excess DLC, Zacharius reacted to a mythic Lich character incorrectly - fixed;
  • In Inevitable Excess DLC, Lariel incorrectly reacted to mythic Angel - fixed;
  • In Inevitable Excess DLC there are more places to look for the ingredients for Thaberdine's elixir now;
  • Morevet didn't return to the brothel after her quest was successfully completed - fixed;
  • Seelah stopped rolling fortitude checks for everyone during the drinking contest;
  • We added a warning regarding a point of no return in the Inevitable Excess DLC, when entering Valmallos' Threshold.

Areas

• At Wedding Meadow a skeleton could appear as an interactive object even when it wasn't possible to interact with it (if you have already found the bone for the dog) - fixed;
  • At Wedding Meadow, some objects could become transparent near player's characters - fixed;
  • During the council board meetings in Drezen, Daeran now will be indoors;
  • Fixed an issue in the Extirpators' Camp, where it was possible to glance beyond the edge of the map;
  • Fixed the lighting in Mage's Tower;
  • Fixed the lighting on the prison building in Drezen;
  • Hepzamirah and Shamira didn't return to Fleshmarket on time - fixed;
  • In Ineluctable Prison some teleportation abilities could still work - fixed;
  • In Inevitable Excess DLC, a female shaman in Iz had a wrong name - fixed;
  • In Inevitable Excess DLC, a puzzle has been removed from the entrance to the final dungeon;
  • In the 5th chapter, after returning to Midnight Fane, when transferring into the caves, the party could get stuck outside of the area, which blocked the progress - fixed. If you encountered this issue already, you will need to either load an earlier save, or use a rope, which will teleport the party back together;
  • Optimization of the Enigma area has been improved;
  • Seelah's animal companion was in the wrong place in the Crusader's Camp - fixed;
  • Some companions could speak from the darkness in Drezen - fixed.

Crusade

• Agony had incorrect description - fixed;
  • Bestow Curse didn't work correctly - fixed;
  • Damage of Ghlaunder Knights has been significantly increased;
  • Damage of Grave Knights has been moderately increased;
  • Damage of Infernal Infantry has been moderately increased;
  • Demonic Lullaby had zero spell slots - fixed;
  • Demon's choice in Nightmares event didn't work even if the player had the Demon mythic path - fixed;
  • Dominate has been renamed to Charm. New Dominate is a unique Asmodean Clerics' ability similar to Charm with an extra DC;
  • Drake Poison event now gives Poison ranks correctly;
  • Enervation (global spell) now works according to its description;
  • Freezing didn't work correctly - fixed;
  • Military Tribunal project was available to everyone, instead of those who fulfilled the necessary requirements - fixed;
  • Reduced the amount of experience required to get the Leadership rank up;
  • Some enemies had incorrect portraits in tactical combat initiative row - fixed;
  • Summon Steeds (Mastodons) now summons 4 Mastodons instead of 1;
  • Vescavor Swarm now has a spell power stat;
  • Visual effect of Sleep will be depicted correctly now.

Classes & Mechanics

• Aeon Gaze will no longer work on enemies with echolocation, thoughtsense and blindsight, because it is gaze;
  • After fighting Areshkagal, the effects from the arena traps could remain on the player's characters - fixed;
  • Ambush status effect didn't help against Frightful Presence - fixed;
  • Assassin's Poison Use had incorrect DC values - fixed;
  • Burning Hands (Acid), Burning Hands (Cold), Burning Hands (Electricity), Scorching Ray (Acid), Scorching Ray (Cold) and Scorching Ray (Electricity) worked incorrectly with metamagic feats - fixed;
  • Enforcing Gaze — Save DC had an incorrect effect on the enemies - fixed;
  • Enlightened Philosopher's mysteries didn't add the class skills - fixed;
  • Erastil's Blessing didn't have a description - fixed;
  • Freedom of Movement and Crusader's Edge worked incorrectly with extended metamagic - fixed;
  • Greater Warpwave in Inevitable Excess worked incorrectly - fixed;
  • In Inevitable Excess DLC enemies have been weakened for Story and Casual difficulties;
  • In Inevitable Excess DLC, the reward effects could be lost upon death - fixed;
  • It was impossible to retrain the Skeletal Fighter companion - fixed;
  • Ki Power: Wholeness of Body healed an incorrect number of HP - fixed;
  • Lord Beyond the Grave used to give bonuses to Lich - fixed;
  • Paralyzed condition was permanent even if the option to remove negative effects after combat was turned on - fixed;
  • Trickster's Breath of Money ability didn't work correctly - fixed;
  • Trickster's Stat Focus wasn't visible during feat selection after you got Perception 2 rank - fixed;
  • When starting Inevitable Excess DLC, Daeran had all aasimar heritages at once - fixed;
  • Witch Doctor shaman didn't have descriptions for the Counter Curse spells - fixed.

Turn-based mode

• Fixed another case of units not being able to pass through the doors in turn-based mode.

Items

• Call of the Fiery Things didn't have a description - fixed.

Misс

• Companions, which remained in another area, stopped being visible when pressing Tab;
  • Deep Shadow of Frost attacked allies - fixed;
  • Fixed a number of performance issues caused by a memory leak;
  • Fixed an animation for a particularly bushy dwarven beard;
  • Fixed an error, which prevented you from asking Lann about his enmity towards Andoran;
  • Fixed the conditions for one of the epilogue pages dedicated to kenabres;
  • Fixed the loading of some older saves:
  • Fixed the size and the position of Warhammer of Obstinacy in character's hand;
  • Improved the visual of the Ice Storm spell;
  • Improved the visual of the Stone Call spell;
  • In some cases it was impossible to retrain the companions when playing the Inevitable Excess DLC - fixed;
  • Missing companions should return under player's control.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
faaaack.jpg

First time the game actually uses the "Outsiders can summon more Outsiders" mechanic and it's in a fight with a devil... Also holy shit thats a lot of dudes.

Humbaba

Arcane
What difficulty is this? On core Mephisto only managed to summon like 4 hellhounds before getting slapped into oblivion.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1184370/view/3133948628979492403

Inevitable Update

Hello, crusaders!

We always carefully analyze your feedback, and we really appreciate your help in making Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous a better game. Since the release of the Inevitable Excess DLC, we’ve been paying close attention to the problems you encountered. And with the last patch, we’ve introduced a number of changes.

We improved and enhanced the epilogues of the DLC; additionally, Demon and Azata got unique interactions and special endings. Lich got a new artifact, which can be imported into the main campaign.

A puzzle has been removed from the entrance to the final dungeon. Axis now has lamps to show you where you can teleport. We also added a dialogue, which will warn you about a point of no return, when entering Valmallos' Threshold.

We hope these changes will make the DLC more enjoyable for you! If you find any technical problems, please let us know by pressing Alt-B in the game, and we'll be sure to fix them.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
What difficulty is this? On core Mephisto only managed to summon like 4 hellhounds before getting slapped into oblivion.

Daring. Meph goes first, summons 5 erinyes, summons jump initiative, summon more erinyes.

Turn 2...

Clipboard02.png.jpg

Last edited:

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
It took me 3 tries and each time he focused on a different strategy. First time he just summoned a ton, second time he didn't summon at all and just used some spells. Third time he summoned a bit but I just focused and ignored them all.

Lich got a new artifact, which can be imported into the main campaign.
No! Do not give me you sexless Lich favouritism nonsense Owlcat anons! Do not! No! You did patch nonsense power reduction Based Aivu friend anon anons but you did not power reduction patch Lich Spell Merge nonsense anons! Did not! No! Do not give me American California no penis skeleton favouritism nonsense anons! Do not! No! You did Lich favouritism DLC nonsense anons but you did not Based Angel Deus Vult DLC content or Based Trickster Wife Scholar DLC content anons! Did not! No! I do hate no wifes Lich nonsense anons! I do! No!
GDGYazj.jpg

Efe

Erudite
when everyone has waifu, nobody has waifu.
lich is giving meaning and power to other paths by not having any waifu in their path

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom