Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
To anyone playing with toybox, there is a known bug that shows up after game updates, and it has reportedly been corrected in the new version of toybox.
It sets monsters that have currently spawned when TB is opened to 1HP/0HD.

To anyone playing with toybox, there is a known bug that shows up after game updates, and it has reportedly been corrected in the new version of toybox.
It sets monsters that have currently spawned when TB is opened to 1HP/0HD.

Haven't seen that.

What I have seen very recently is that it seems that traveling through a loading screen will increase the amount of weight my inventory takes up. Stacking. After like a dozen map changes I see that I'm being weighed down by 24,000 lbs of equipment. Resets by loading a save game.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Wendufu is better than Lann just because of her romance which is objectively (if you disagree you are wrong) the best one in the game.

Checkmate.

qF5KMQt.png

Thankfully it doesn't actually do anything even if you're ambushed and immediately enter combat. Just need to quicksave and quickload. It's definitely not every map transition but just some of them that basically dupe my inventory weight.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
They still didn't fix the Sword of valor regen permanently applying to your companions :decline:

Ryzer

Arcane
Jesus the overbloat. :lol:
I think Owlcat devs thought the game is not finished until there isn't 99 item of each category that can be found.

Last edited:
wtuoabp.png

I *think* aspect of Nocticula's ability to grant powers to other characters is somehow nerfing Demonic Rage from +5 to +4. Not sure why? ... Actually I'm not sure how Demonic Rage is able to give +5, it should cap at +4, unless it actually scales past MR 10 due to The Bound of Possibility adding +3 effective MRs to it. But if that's what's doing it then I guess Nocticula is not using the cloak's bonus and overriding demonic rage.

Whatever I guess, losing +1 AB is so marginal at this pont.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Hmm. Starting to get annoyed with this Lich Vivisectionist its really strong but. Buffing...

I keep thinking about doing a two handed fighter with gravesinger or a Sohei that uses fauchards or it could even be both as a trickster legend.

With lunge and a fauchard I could hit half way across the map.

Is Act 3 too late for a restart?

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
The Angel oracle playthrough wasn't bad with greater enduring just buff up and clear a map maybe even two. This just feels a little bit tedious.

Mostly I just don't like my MC being a no AC sneak attacker. I'll finish this playthrough though.

Yosharian

Arcane
On higher difficulties you either mount up or you get hit. Almost impossible to tank effectively with a build that isn't entirely dedicated to AC. My dedicated tank still got hit from time to time.

Last Stand is effective.

Ehh, you can tank decently. You want either astronomical AC or decent AC + a dozen mirror image casts per day.

The problem is that having only 1 character tank is too few, you want at least 2, probably 3, possibly 4. And mounting also vastly increases the amount of damage you can dish out by making full attacks after 80' moves. Not being able to do that commonly means you've essentially wasted your first round, in a game where you're normally expecting to end fights in 1-2 rounds. I can really feel it when I have to take along a B-team companion for their quest like Regill and he's literally doing nothing in fights as my mounted characters run way ahead and destroy everything.

Delterius

Arcane
I wonder, do more enemies have true sight on Unfair? Because when I finally played the game I found that Mirror Image was much more useful and for longer than I expected it to be. This was before the Mind Blank fix too.

Higher difficulties definitely gives more buffs. I'm not sure if Hard->unfair specifically adds any though, I'd guess its just stat/damage increases.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Finally became a devil.
So some initial thoughts -
- The sound track is great. I love the devil theme. Its really menacing and orchestral
- The story beats are pretty nice. That speech you give when you return to Drezen from Iz is a lot better than the Aeon one. I did both the Aeon and Devil variations of the return to see if you get a host of devils instead of axiomites and inevitables and you do.
- Mechanically...its not great. You get wings automatically, but your mythic tree is an absolute mess because the buggers didn't replace your aeon abilities with devil ones, so half of it is stuff you can't even use. This also extends to your toolbar, where you have all of your gazes but they are disabled, which just looks sloppy.
- You do retain your immunities at least, and you can still summon golems. I wish you could summon actual devils but still, kind of nice I guess?
- You retain your Aeon spellbook too which is also nice.
- Devil seems to work better with some sort of proper caster, as it comes with dominate monster and hellfire for free. So if you haven't been getting spell pen (like on my melee-focused inquisitor) then you're kind of screwed.
- You still get the Aeon version of bound of possibility. Which is great because its super strong. But again, doesn't really put a point in the Devil's path favor, as you get the Aeon version as Aeon and your banes and gazes.

In conclusion - they half-arsed it. They put a lot of effort into putting some nice story beats and a cool theme, but they didn't put in the effort to actually clean up the devil path so your mythic tree and toolbar isn't full of obsolete abilities or even make it unique. Devil should probably been an early mythic path or something you can access early, but then you would miss out on Melies's trial which is kind of cool?

I would probably go Devil again just to do Iz as one, because I had to get the book from Galfrey and she doesn't give it to you if you're evil. Maybe let her die because that dumb git got my armies killed and ruined everything. I'm thinking a devil-spawn magus would be nice and thematic and does encourage you to build spell pen. Maybe Azata-devil this time.

Last edited:
Devil really demands to have been an earlier path. The whole Aeon falling thing is a cool idea but still, the lawful evil alignment needed better representation where you can go full Regil. Feel like you should have been able to change over at MR5 or something. I have no idea how the Azata->Devil path works because it honestly just sounds incredibly stupid. It's clearly far more powerful though since you keep busted superpowers.

Devil MR10 is absolutely busted, have fun using it for one fight.

Last edited:
The base game is on sale. Which DLC do you recommend to buy with?. I'm interested in the season one dlc pass, with that roguelike mode, but what about the others?.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom