Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
All of them just add bloat in an already bloated game.

They need to learn from their mistakes and stop putting things in that they cannot finish

Or finish them in updates rather than adding DLC no one asked for.

The base game is on sale. Which DLC do you recommend to buy with?. I'm interested in the season one dlc pass, with that roguelike mode, but what about the others?.

The only one that adds significant story-relevant content to the main campaign is Last Sarkorians. Roguelike is hit or miss. It's not actually roguelike in the main campaign, all levels are fixed. It's kind of grindy and adds a bit too much XP/extra items that mess with balance. Through the Ashes is a low level side campaign that isn't as good as the words "low level side campaign" make it sound. Inevitable Excess is basically a post-game minicampaign that exists so players can utilize their maximum mythic rank abilities that they only get 5 minutes before the main game ends.

Last edited:

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Yeah, as much as I rag on Paradox for their shitty nickle and dime business model, they at least try to give you your money's work with continued support of their games and free overhauls.
Owlcat should adopt their approach and actually finish Wrath instead of adding DLC when there's parts of the game in dire need of attention.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
More like 1/2.
Act 4 and 5 feels rushed to me, and I'm going to assume that its the same with act 6.
Act 3 is probably the best part when you can actually crusade in a game about crusading, but aren't allowed to advance anymore for some silly reason.
Act 5 would be great as you can crusade again and you unlock the rest of your tech tree, but you lose your armies from act 3 because of a certain incompetent crone and have to rebuild them which is lame, and the late game mythic paths feel like an afterthought.

Act 4 and 5 probably should have been swapped. Going to the Abyss should have been closer to the end of the game, when the crusade is coming to an end because you already pushed back the Worldwound, but can't go any further because you have to journey to the abyss to put a definitive end to the problem. Going to the abyss and then coming back to find everything's turned to shit felt really off from a narrative and gameplay perspective.
Or hell, actually allow the player to crusade into the Abyss with their best troops like some sort of Doom wannabe.

Last edited:
On its own Act 4 feels fine to me, it's just a bad idea to go back to a claustrophobic town after open world crusading. Even Act 1 and 2 were quite open. Don't think its fixable at this point, it was just a mistake in design that they have to live with.

Act 5 definitely needs more story content rather than it just being a "lets wrap up every character's side quest" chapter. 2 more major locations to visit would round it out. Also needs the crusade to be less about grinding 50 easy fights and more like 10 difficult fights.

In general the game needs to be rebalanced for slightly slower XP gain (reach 20 once you've completed the majority of pre-threshold content) and quicker MR gain (reach MR 10 fighting Deskari in Iz maybe? Also MR 5 before Midnight Fane and not having multiple MRs squished together at the end of Act 4/beginning of Act 5 would be better). Reaching level 20 too early kills a lot of enthusiasm for Chapter 5 which is almost entirely optional side content.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
I did appreciate act 4 for being so weird in its layout, but yeah getting locked into a single area when you just spent most of the game adventuring through several areas felt like a copout. It really should have been nearer to the end of the game too, because going to what is literally enemy territory is usually something that happens at the end of a story, not the middle.

The MR gains felt really squished together too. You get like 3 of them in the space of an hour or so in Act 4. You get one at Noct's palace, then you go to colphyr and get a rank after Baphomet, and then you instantly get a rank when you retake Drezen. Compared to usual MR progression that's pretty damn sudden and is usually a sign of rushed development.

Last edited:

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Normally I wouldn't postcosmetic mods, but this add-on, as I believe, is changing experience only on better: https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderwrathoftherighteous/mods/511

511-1686638645-1712856179.jpeg

511-1687002156-896500589.jpeg

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
You still get your Aeon bane after all as Devil, which is pretty nice. Kind of wish it became a diabolic version but whatever.
Also, Hell's Decrees are all swift actions. Every single one. Which is nice, but it does mean you have to be careful with your SA economy.
A couple of the decrees are pretty nice too.
One increases caster levels for a single school of magic, but it disables all other schools. So you can super charge weird.
Another is an AoE that deals some silly amounts of damage, and if it drops a target's health low enough they have to save or die. I used it during Greybor's quest and it killed every assassin except for Yozz and Heph.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Not into it. Same guy has a BG2 mod:

MkVw6aG.png

5gGlJIE.png
Some of these are decent, but Jaheria and Viconia got butchered.

A lot of the "character" of the images is lost on many of the others. Anomen and Haer'Dalis, for example.

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Well, its still very clearly a beautification mod.
But it does seem not to go overboard and actually looks kinda nice.

Well, except for Arue. I really dislike her new look. Also Cam-Cam looks kinda... meek?

When I compare the originals and new looks, the originals look kinda oversharpened, while the modded ones look watercolor paint-style blurred.

Yosharian

Arcane
I would say that they're not perfect but overall I really like them. I think a few of them are MUCH better, such as Camellia and Wenduag. Seelah's is way better, too bad I'll never use that shitty character.

Several of the supporting cast portraits are also vast improvements - Iomedae for example.

The ones I don't like are mainly the dwarf portraits, I prefer the originals. Also I think Reg's armor looks better in the original. I don't really like the new storyteller.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Wow those are actually really good. Usually these type of mods are fucking ass.
Because it's AI drawing it and not some Deviant Art guy "improving" the portraits in Photoshop.

It's got some game to it, but it still have the fundamental modder-prettify problem of draining everyone of character by way of making them attractive in the most vanilla way possible.
And the fact that several of them have completely MELTED hands.

Yosharian

Arcane
I completely disagree, I think the the way in which Cam and Arue have been 'prettified' if you want to call it that, is quite interesting. Wend probably has the most conventionally attractive face but she is super weird in other respects, such as the fucking spider legs coming out of her body, so i think it's fine

Galfrey is a bit vanilla I suppose but that's the entire point of her character, I think she's a big improvement personally

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
A lot of them look way too similar. In the first row, everyone but the nog and maybe the lizard look like the same person run through some funneh change your gender phone app.

Last edited:

La vie sexuelle

Learned
I think that overall quality has raised (most of NPC portraits in this game are simply bad and amateur). I also like new Aru and Cam-Cam, but, some of the characters especially ugly ones, lost something in transition. Wendu, for example, looks like this girl which getting into group of laughing people and say without asking: "We live in rape culture"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom