Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Early game its very easy to have way more BP to spam buildings than you have time to level your advisors. Selling items for gold gives you thousands of BP.
Is early game for you fucking Pitax?

It's called exploring side content and selling 90% of what you find.

Actually, question for players of these kinds of RPGs in general: Do you equip all of your characters, or only your active party? I leave everyone else 100% naked and sell all that crap that they would have used. I can see how you'd have way less money if you're throwing every cloak of resistance and ring of protection on rarely used characters rather than selling them off. Sometimes I need to use slightly suboptimal weapons when doing character quests, and re-organizing items between characters is a PITA.

Are we really going to theorycraft kingdom managment.

I don't have enough autisme in me to do so.
One of us is. I’m talking specific things you can do. And there are real benefits: kingdom bonuses on time for Womb and Hilltop/Depths for instance. Not missing out on items you want then crying about the game.

He’s not unlocking his regions nearly fast enough far as I can tell.

Again, assuming random unfounded bullshit. Prove you unlocked them before me. I'll wait.

Vatnik Wumao
Actually, question for players of these kinds of RPGs in general: Do you equip all of your characters, or only your active party? I leave everyone else 100% naked and sell all that crap that they would have used.
I avoid doing that since you never know if the game won't be forcing you to use them during some main quest sequence. As a metagamer on subsequent playthroughs though, sure.

I avoid doing that since you never know if the game won't be forcing you to use them during some main quest sequence. As a metagamer on subsequent playthroughs though, sure.

Yeah, I can see how some people would avoid it. I do keep a few general items on hand so that I can switch characters out and have decent equipment setups, I just don't have seven benched companions all loaded up with 10k worth of equipment. That's like 1,000 BP tied up not really doing much.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
It's called exploring side content and selling 90% of what you find.
You really have never been called out on your bullshit before have you? Unlocking regions takes another order of magnitude of BP, and you're not doing that on selling random items from exploring. Only way to generate that kind of cash is to get your artisans up and producing. Oddly enough this doesn't turn out to be an exploration game. You can do some of that on the way to accomplish quests (several at once ideally) but once you figure out where things are you spend the vast majority of your time in the capital ranking up and unlocking.

Prove you unlocked them before me. I'll wait.
You really do have no idea who you're dealing with, do you? Most people claim that I spam the forum with too many pics, not too few.

Womb in Territory.jpg

As I said originally it's remarkable how little interest there's been in doing KM well so I don't have as many shots of that as I do of combat. This one is getting Womb of Lamashtu in my borders in time for the end of Ch 3, which isn't easy to do. There's a teleporter in that town just north of Womb, and an Aviary in time for Varnhold so I was managing my Kingdom at the Tomb (see below).

Double Bonus.jpg

This is an example of the double rank bonus you get for having the right advisor for the right event. That's what the green means in the upper left corner.

ArtisanItems.jpg

A couple good items to make sure you can get before Tomb. Usually was able to do that.

Pre-Varnhold Items.jpg

Don't remember what month/day goes with which chapter but I know I took the shot because I was happy to unlock them before Tomb. This was an early playthrough before I figured out how to get Arcane and Warden unlocked early though.

Kingdom Management from Vordokai's Tomb.jpg

This is doing Kingdom Management at Vordokai's Tomb, thanks to Aviary in Silverstep.

Benefit of Good Kingdom Management.jpg

An example of the benefits of getting your kingdom bonuses up in time. Bald Hilltop is in your territory. So are Depths!

Big Divine Boost.jpg

I think this one is from my Unfair playthrough where I got Arcane and Warden unlocked ASAP with a Brewery Town and three towns with Shrines built around a central Monument funded by the loan.

Mountaineering.jpg

Barely got this one done in time for Vordokai (didn't in time for Talon's Peak)

Stunning Barrier Hargulka.jpg

One last bonus shot of Harrim taking down Unfair Hargulka single-handedly with the combo of Touch of Chaos and (Extended) Stunning Barrier. Disadvantage rolls didn't show up in the combat log yet at that point. Hargulka's Freedom of Movement doesn't apply to Stun and if you Extend Stunning Barrier it extends the Stun to two rounds, which left him a sitting duck in addition to stopping the Hasted attax. Stunning Barrier stays on until the save is failed so the odds were highly in favor of this working, since the disadvantage took him under 50% on each attack.

Attachments

• CompulsionPlan.jpg
    CompulsionPlan.jpg
    565.5 KB · Views: 76
  • Stunning Barrier Hargulka.jpg
    Stunning Barrier Hargulka.jpg
    455.6 KB · Views: 94
  • Big Divine Boost.jpg
    Big Divine Boost.jpg
    422.9 KB · Views: 73
  • Benefit of Good Kingdom Management.jpg
    Benefit of Good Kingdom Management.jpg
    413.8 KB · Views: 69
  • Double Bonus.jpg
    Double Bonus.jpg
    457.4 KB · Views: 62
  • Kingdom Management Triumph.jpg
    Kingdom Management Triumph.jpg
    422.4 KB · Views: 718

Desiderius

Patron
Redeemer.jpg

Takes a Lawful Evil cunt to tell it like it is.

Desiderius

Patron
I just don't have seven benched companions all loaded up with 10k worth of equipment. That's like 1,000 BP tied up not really doing much.
No, that’s 125 BP. Drop in the bucket.

Have you actually played the game?

You really have never been called out on your bullshit before have you? Unlocking regions takes another order of magnitude of BP, and you're not doing that on selling random items from exploring. Only way to generate that kind of cash is to get your artisans up and producing. Oddly enough this doesn't turn out to be an exploration game. You can do some of that on the way to accomplish quests (several at once ideally) but once you figure out where things are you spend the vast majority of your time in the capital ranking up and unlocking.
You actually just suck horribly then. You can clear out a whole region in a ~2 weeks and get 50k gold in drops. Artisans give jack shit in comparison.

As I said originally it's remarkable how little interest there's been in doing KM well so I don't have as many shots of that as I do of combat. This one is getting Womb of Lamashtu in my borders in time for the end of Ch 3, which isn't easy to do. There's a teleporter in that town just north of Womb, and an Aviary in time for Varnhold so I was managing my Kingdom at the Tomb (see below).

Having an Aviary for Varnhold is basic bitch shit.

I just don't have seven benched companions all loaded up with 10k worth of equipment. That's like 1,000 BP tied up not really doing much.
No, that’s 125 BP. Drop in the bucket.

Have you actually played the game?

7 characters * 10k gold = 70k gold / 80 gold per BP = 875 BP.

For reference here's my start of pitax kingdom

ElrMUjQ.jpg

hurr durr kingdom management so hard, BP so hard to get, advisors so complex, need to be 200 IQ like me to figure anything out -Desiderius

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
So confirmed then, early game for you is Pitax.

No wonder you have to whine and cry about not getting your items. Again, 875 BP is chicken feed by Pitax. Once you clear Tomb you’re swimming in gold. I’m talking about three chapters earlier.

If you had annexed your regions and got your artisans up in time you’d know that they’re your main source of income long before that. In addition to the 50k (more like 120k) you get from random items you pick up on your travels. But that 120k goes fast when you’re plowing it all into BP to get regions and buildings up.

Keep talking and exposing yourself. You’re proving the point that there’s a lot of play in the KM system by what you’ve failed to accomplish.

So confirmed then, early game for you is Pitax.

No wonder you have to whine and cry about not getting your items. Again, 875 BP is chicken feed by Pitax. Once you clear Tomb you’re swimming in gold. I’m talking about three chapters earlier.

If you had annexed your regions and got your artisans up in time you’d know that they’re your main source of income long before that. In addition to the 50k (more like 120k) you get from random items you pick up on your travels. But that 120k goes fast when you’re plowing it all into BP to get regions and buildings up.

Keep talking and exposing yourself. You’re proving the point that there’s a lot of play in the KM system by what you’ve failed to accomplish.

No, I just don't have a save between chapter 2 and pitax. Continue to invent your own fantasies though. By that point I've probably sold 500k in items.

It's actually amazing how insistent you are at being wrong. You can objectively get an order of magnitude more money from adventuring than from artisans.

If it makes you happy though, here's how much BP you can afford immediately after finishing the main quest of chapter 2.

FRUiGEf.jpg

As you can see, BP clearly isn't a limiting factor for anything in Kingmaker. It's player character time grinding 14 day level ups. This is with all 3 towns filled with all useful buildings (about 8-9 each, not paying the dupe price though). This is also before exploring all the other areas available in chapter 2 which will get you another ~1000 BPs at least, easily.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
It's actually amazing how insistent you are at being wrong.
I'm not. Other players can confirm. You should be making most of your bank when it matters selling artisan items. You don't get enough from found stuff until Tomb.

You're late on your regions (which is why you ran out of stuff to do) and therefore late on your artisans. The result is missing out on items because you didn't get enough bites at the apple.

Of course there's a bottleneck once you're trying to rank up everything at once. The question is whether your artisans are all up and producing at that point and delivering items every time the two weeks passes.

It's actually amazing how insistent you are at being wrong.
You're late on your regions (which is why you ran out of stuff to do) and therefore late on your artisans. The result is missing out on items because you didn't get enough bites at the apple.

lol, idiot. I literally can't do my regions because advisors are busy and main character time is limited. You have to properly plan who is available when to get maximum effect out of them. Regions don't even limit you on your adventuring, do you actually play the game? You also literally posted a screenshot a month later and you have the same regions as me (with the main difference being I have over 1300 BP more than you). It's actually getting hilarious how pathetic you are at this point. A normal person would have left the thread in shame by now.

Last edited:
View attachment 26028

This is an example of the double rank bonus you get for having the right advisor for the right event. That's what the green means in the upper left corner.

I checked and this isn't a thing. The green in the left corner just means you finished the event. ALL advisors ALWAYS add rank x2 to their roll.

Congrats, you're literally inventing fake mechanics to be an expert at now. Can't make this shit up :lol:

You really do have no idea who you're dealing with, do you?
I do now, an abject retard.

Efe

Erudite
if roll is the same then target dc should be lower
I dont have game installed to do so but did you check?

Stoned Ape

Savant
Just checking, this is the WotR thread, not Kingmaker, right?

Anyway, I'm currently playing through as an Oracle angel with a merged spellbook (currently 19th caster level) and I'm about to clear the Fane without using a rest on core difficulty.

I just roflstomped playful darkness in 2 rounds without him doing any damage to my party. It's really fun to be able to slap around bosses which caused you difficulty in the past, but Angel is ridiculously powerful.

(So far, I've completed the game with a sorcerer/signifer Aeon>Gold Dragon, Warpriest Azata, Wiz/EK/AT crit ray-spamming Trickster, and Mutation Warrior Trickster so far. After clearing Drezen this playthrough has been remarkably easy in comparison).

Desiderius

Patron
The green in the left corner just means you finished the event. ALL advisors ALWAYS add rank x2 to their roll.
Oh ffs you're going to make me play this game again to walk you through the basics from scratch because you can't be bothered to read anything. I blame the iPalantir for the pervasive arrogant ignorance of your generation. I guess when you have to figure things out on your own it does make it easier to develop the habit.

On some events/problems there are green or red advisors when you choose which one to use that get a bonus or malus to their rolls.

Desiderius

Patron
Hush, it's dangerous to approach two autists during mating season.
It is fascinating how the true alphas of the species (not us) have managed to convince most people that a run-of-the-mill dominance contest between two males that one can find wherever one looks in the animal kingdom is instead some kind of aberrant pathology to be lightly mocked.

Now they're hoist on their own petard tho since the alternative to masculine conflict and competition turns out not to be peaceful feminine paradise but rather a general incompetent suckitude, as displayed by Average Manatee here.

The average has slipped.

Desiderius

Patron
I literally can't do my regions because advisors are busy
You chose the wrong priority. The only screenshot you posted was a year and a half later. That year and a half was when you should have gotten (the rest of) your items. I already had a good haul by that point.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Just checking, this is the WotR thread, not Kingmaker, right?
Yeah, the same principle applies to the Crusade system. People assume it doesn't matter and that there's no play to it where that is not in fact the case. Unfortunately Owlcat fixed that problem in Wrath by just making everything trivially easy because retards couldn't be bothered to master anything harder. Didn't work in Deadfire doesn't work here. Remains to be seen whether OC will adjust as Deadfire did.

The green in the left corner just means you finished the event. ALL advisors ALWAYS add rank x2 to their roll.
Oh ffs you're going to make me play this game again to walk you through the basics from scratch because you can't be bothered to read anything. I blame the iPalantir for the pervasive arrogant ignorance of your generation. I guess when you have to figure things out on your own it does make it easier to develop the habit.

On some events/problems there are green or red advisors when you choose which one to use that get a bonus or malus to their rolls.

Red on an event outcome just means you failed the event. Cope, seethe, get your head checked out since you have problems distinguishing fantasy from reality.

I literally can't do my regions because advisors are busy
You chose the wrong priority. The only screenshot you posted was a year and a half later. That year and a half was when you should have gotten your items.

kingdom-management-triumph-jpg.26027

vs.

FRUiGEf.jpg

Same year. Again, cope, seethe.

if roll is the same then target dc should be lower
I dont have game installed to do so but did you check?
Just tried 6 different advisors on the same event and no DC change. If this is a thing then provide evidence yourself, I can't run through every possible combination including advisors I don't have.

I don't see green anywhere else on Desiderius's screenshot and I don't recall ever seeing it. Do you have any source for this ever being a thing on previous versions? I'd expect to see it on some kind of outdated guide, or some posts asking why the feature was removed.

Desiderius

Patron
Green Event.jpg

Here's an example. Clown has no idea what he's talking about. Looks like the difference is the DC threshold, not on the bonus tho.

Red Event.jpg

Here Reg is in the red because he isn't very good at making friends. How can you play the game and have no idea of this mechanic? Pretend someone else is clueless because they are?

Transvaluation of values.

Sarathiour

Cipher
It's been around as far as I can remember. Also different advisor give different outcome for event result, and not just for rank-up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom