Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Is there any downside to rushing Iz in act5? Am I going to miss out on interactions or set things in motion that cannot be undone?

The crusade map placement of cockblocks and armies suggest that I should visit this first thing after getting back behind the wheel, but after entering it briefly it looks like an area that should be visited very late.

Last edited:

Lambach

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Is there any downside to rushing Iz in act5? Am I going to miss out on interactions or set things in motion that cannot be undone?

The crusade map placement of cockblocks and armies suggest that I should visit this first thing after getting back behind the wheel, but after entering it briefly, it looks like an area that should be visited very late.

No downsides I know of. If Storyteller didn't put together that Cloak for you, I guess you should get that done before Iz or you miss out on one character interaction (but I don't know how if that's important for something or just flavor).

The only real reason to hold it off until the end is that you might find it difficult if you head there straight away without hitting MR 9 and level 19-20 first.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

The crusade map placement of cockblocks and armies suggest that I should visit this first thing after getting back behind the wheel, but after entering it briefly, it looks like an area that should be visited very late.

No downsides I know of. If Storyteller didn't put together that Cloak for you, I guess you should get that done before Iz or you miss out on one character interaction (but I don't know how if that's important for something or just flavor).

The only real reason to hold it off until the end is that you might find it difficult if you head there straight away without hitting MR 9 and level 19-20 first.
You might delay the cloak if you plan to switch to a late game Mythic Path, though. As it would become useless then.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
You might delay the cloak if you plan to switch to a late game Mythic Path, though. As it would become useless then.
You can also delay it because the ingredients for it can be used for other items.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
weird class interactions to be fixed
This is the basic ability of the Melee General doing nothing:

View attachment 29576View attachment 29577
What level does the general have? Also, are you sure that this bonus is not in the line "Other: +9"? And, if you are, then what this "Other: +9" consists of?
It's the very first fight of the game. The two logs are identical (other than the random roll) despite one being before the ability was activated and the other following. Whatever the Other is it didn't change. Same thing happens on Footmen if you choose Infantry. You can Mouse over the Icons in the turn order to see the icon for the ability show up but nothing else changes.

Maybe get the Combat Log fixed while you're at it, it's way more opaque than the regular one. Oh and for some reason he's hitting his own Clerics now.

Stop making excuses and shooting the messenger and get your damn game functional.
See, that's my problem with you. Your conclusions are flimsy and can be interpreted in several different ways. And then someone in the QA department will have to differentiate: is the error in the log, is the error in the mechanic, or is the error in the head of the messenger. Comparing to that, it is much easier to work on bug "the photomode removes weather" or "the quest trigger does not appear in Gwerm's mansion".

On the other note: I need help from the tabletoppers.

DESCRIPTION

You imbue a suit of armor or a shield with an enhancement bonus of +1 per four caster levels (maximum +5 at 20th level).

An outfit of regular clothing counts as armor that grants no AC bonus for the purpose of this spell.
This is the description of Magical Vestment on d20PFSRD. The description in the game is identical.

So what "+1 per four caster levels" mean? If it is +5 on level 20, how many it is on level 19? +5 or +4? The same question about the lower levels: is the enhancement on level 3 +0 or +1? What about level 6? Is it +1 or +2?

After they fixed the stacking AC bonuses it might so happen that the spell becomes effectively useless, because if on level 6 it adds only +1, then, for example, on Buckler +1 there will be no effect. And, thus, my favourite character will suffer!

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Seelah tanking Sos Graveyard:

Seelah tanking Unfair Graveyard.jpg

Here's your Unfair, Daidre. If you can get the team to the side safely, this does work. And for whatever reason they beelined Seelah first round so that helped. Can burn them down fast with two Channelers, but even Unfair Zombies aren't that hard to hit anyway.

Seelah tanking Smilos.jpg

No overdoing it here, but she did in fact tank them unscathed this fight on Hard. Took a little luck since forgot Displacement and didn't have Sos for the Death Ward (turns on another +2 Morale AC vs Undead from the Amulet) but on Hard she could probably survive a few hits anyway. Would be interesting with Protective Luck on Unfair. This feels like intended Seelah but really needs STR Belt to lug around Tower. Haste Wand takes care of the speed.

Desiderius

Patron
See, that's my problem with you. Your conclusions are flimsy and can be interpreted in several different ways.
Bullshit. Test your fucking game. This is so unbelievably pathetic. Basic ability on two of three Generals. First ability (Hunt/Dispersal of Forces) activated first fight and does nothing! Couldn't be any clearer. This is like trying to sell someone a car that doesn't even start.

Stop. Making. Excuses.

We see right through them. Just test the damn thing. This isn't that hard.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Lead designer: companions with solid gameplay value should be somewhat morally dubious to give players some hard choices to think about
Writers: instructions unclear, everybody is a living embodiment of Dr Evil from Austin Powers.

Humbaba

Arcane
Wtf is this wording on Sneaky Quack. I guess it translates to "sneak attacks also heal you", because that's what it seems to be doing.

EXTREMELY disappointed to see that magic in crusade mode is still absolutely OP. Granted, they seem to have increased the mana cost a bit but that's not enough. If Wrathfinder was purely a Homm clone it would be the worst ever made.

Camellia is actually an alright companion. This is the first time I've been using her and she can jack her AC up to 33 with buffs and do tons of precision damage. Shaman also gets a pretty good spell list. On par with Greybor, maybe even more useful overall.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
See, that's my problem with you. Your conclusions are flimsy and can be interpreted in several different ways.
Bullshit. Test your fucking game. This is so unbelievably pathetic. Basic ability on two of three Generals. First ability (Hunt/Dispersal of Forces) activated first fight and does nothing! Couldn't be any clearer. This is like trying to sell someone a car that doesn't even start.

Stop. Making. Excuses.

Well, we're going in circles now. I will finish with this: such bug reports should be the last to check in any priority queue for any reasonable software development company. Just out of spite if nothing else.

I had to work with complaints like this, because in a different environment one has to. Only 2 good things came from it: the salary was more or less OK, and burning hatred for such clients kept me from any inappropriate conversations.

Tsubutai

Educated
DESCRIPTION

You imbue a suit of armor or a shield with an enhancement bonus of +1 per four caster levels (maximum +5 at 20th level).

An outfit of regular clothing counts as armor that grants no AC bonus for the purpose of this spell.
This is the description of Magical Vestment on d20PFSRD. The description in the game is identical.

So what "+1 per four caster levels" mean? If it is +5 on level 20, how many it is on level 19? +5 or +4? The same question about the lower levels: is the enhancement on level 3 +0 or +1? What about level 6? Is it +1 or +2?

After they fixed the stacking AC bonuses it might so happen that the spell becomes effectively useless, because if on level 6 it adds only +1, then, for example, on Buckler +1 there will be no effect. And, thus, my favourite character will suffer!
So first up, it's a level 3 spell, which means it can't be cast at all unless your caster level is at least 5.* AFAIK the way it works is that it gives +1 at caster levels 5-7, +2 at caster levels 8-11, +3 at CL 12-15, +4 at CL 16-19, and finally +5 at CL 20.

*"spell level", "caster level", "character level"... someone really should've lent Gygax a thesaurus back in the day. Would it really have killed him to have used a few instances of, say, "rank" or "tier" ?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Lead designer: companions with solid gameplay value should be somewhat morally dubious to give players some hard choices to think about
Writers: instructions unclear, everybody is a living embodiment of Dr Evil from Austin Powers.

Funny ‘cause true etc :lol:

Desiderius

Patron

Stop. Making. Excuses.

Well, we're going in circles now. I will finish with this: such bug reports should be the last to check in any priority queue for any reasonable software development company. Just out of spite if nothing else.

I had to work with complaints like this, because in a different environment one has to. Only 2 good things came from it: the salary was more or less OK, and burning hatred for such clients kept me from any inappropriate conversations.
If you have burning hatred for customers that take the time to point out and illustrate glaring and easily fixable flaws (or what will look to many like brazen vaporware given the Owlcat release schedule) then you were in the wrong business.

Glad you found a better fit for your skillset.

Desiderius

Patron
DESCRIPTION

So first up, it's a level 3 spell, which means it can't be cast at all unless your caster level is at least 5.* AFAIK the way it works is that it gives +1 at caster levels 5-7, +2 at caster levels 8-11, +3 at CL 12-15, +4 at CL 16-19, and finally +5 at CL 20.

*"spell level", "caster level", "character level"... someone really should've lent Gygax a thesaurus back in the day. Would it really have killed him to have used a few instances of, say, "rank" or "tier" ?
No longer stacking but still has some good uses (like Hulrunn’s Adamantine Full Plate).

The general rule on scaling spells/abilities is that you get the first +1 right away but round down for the next one.

So Divine Favor is +1/+1 at lvl 1 but not +2/+2 until lvl 6. Similar for Barkskin, Shield of Faith, etc..

Vestment is also still good on the Mithril Armors in DLC that come with lower enchants.

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker

How?
I don't think any of the companions is cartoonishly evil, camel is just a psycho, wendy is the same, Regill is effective and that's about it for the evil companions.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

How?
I don't think any of the companions is cartoonishly evil, camel is just a psycho, wendy is the same, Regill is effective and that's about it for the evil companions.

Wenduag just suggested we put some rando child cleric into a bubble of furs and let him slowcook, while describing his agony in detail - which was just the culmination of a series of such suggestions...

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
There's something immensely satisfying about having Bubble Buff set to actually carry out the buffing. It's like WotR autochess seeing all your little doods run around in circles casting a billion spells

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom