Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with The Lord of Nothing DLC

Yosharian

Arcane
Yeah MR6 seems an eternity away right now, still waiting to trigger MR4 ffs

Inherent bonuses still don't feel that good considering how you will not need them later on though

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Inherent bonuses still don't feel that good considering how you will not need them later on though
Hmm. You'll be able to get +2, but not +6, I think?

Yosharian

Arcane
So do we know yet whether the animal focus bonus scales with character level still? I forgot to test it last night

Doesn't it only last for 1 min though?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
So do we know yet whether the animal focus bonus scales with character level still? I forgot to test it last night

Don't know the former.

The latter - its permanent on the pet... and yeah, I 1 minute for raider sounds right - but wasn't it also multi-use?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
I'm somewhat stunned by how different Alushinyrra exploration feels when you're not on the Angel path.
I mean on the Angel MP, it didn't feel like exploring a city, it was basically intense dungeon crawling. With a combat waiting behind every corner.

Now as an Aeon, the combat encounters are far more sparse and I do feel the urban exploration mood.

Yosharian

Arcane

Don't know the former.

The latter - its permanent on the pet... and yeah, I 1 minute for raider sounds right - but wasn't it also multi-use?
Yeah but I ain't getting a whole level in Hunter and losing a point of BAB as a result just to get a pet buff

If it's not permanent then it's fucking useless imo

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Don't know the former.

Yeah but I ain't getting a whole level in Hunter and losing a point of BAB as a result just to get a pet buff

If it's not permanent then it's fucking useless imo

It's pretty much permanent in practice (my Sohei has it), but it's like a minor form of rod: fucking annoying to constantly switch on. I really hate Rod-like design in these games.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I'd rather see it as an Azata with dog/wolf. Getting and sharing Tandem Trip without prerequisites from the Life Bonding Friendship, Animal Focus boosting Str & Dex for more CMB, Getting Aspect of the Wolf for even more CMB and a Swift Action Trip...
You can get Tandem Trip in TTT from Dirty Fighting so don't need LBF. Azata not good fit unless you're using it to get a full pet w/ a class that traded that full pet for a lot. Aeon gets much bigger CMB boost, for instance, Demon Move teleport to set up etc...
Dirty Fighting is class restricted (rogues, slayers I believe?) and still means two feat/talent picks - instead of picking it as a bonus. Aeon can get great AB & CMB bonuses - but the opportunity cost is high here. CMB bonus will be rarely picked over +AB, +DC, +AoO, +Concealment, +Spell damage. And you only get a SECOND Gaze at MR6.
Meanwhile the Animal Focus(Foci) stat inherent bonus(es) is(are) always active.

Demon Move teleport is very niche, I'd not spend the Move action that way, except on specialized Vital Strike builds.
No I just mean that regular Aeon bonuses also apply to CMB, including Divine Favor/Power that Hunter/Azata doesn’t get.

Pets can get Dirty Fighting (and CMB Feats thru them) which is what matters. 90% sure (not using CMBs currently with Smilo so will have to check).

Desiderius

Patron

Why won’t you need them? The skill Animal Foci are still Competence BTW.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
I'd rather see it as an Azata with dog/wolf. Getting and sharing Tandem Trip without prerequisites from the Life Bonding Friendship, Animal Focus boosting Str & Dex for more CMB, Getting Aspect of the Wolf for even more CMB and a Swift Action Trip...
You can get Tandem Trip in TTT from Dirty Fighting so don't need LBF. Azata not good fit unless you're using it to get a full pet w/ a class that traded that full pet for a lot. Aeon gets much bigger CMB boost, for instance, Demon Move teleport to set up etc...
Dirty Fighting is class restricted (rogues, slayers I believe?) and still means two feat/talent picks - instead of picking it as a bonus. Aeon can get great AB & CMB bonuses - but the opportunity cost is high here. CMB bonus will be rarely picked over +AB, +DC, +AoO, +Concealment, +Spell damage. And you only get a SECOND Gaze at MR6.
Meanwhile the Animal Focus(Foci) stat inherent bonus(es) is(are) always active.

Demon Move teleport is very niche, I'd not spend the Move action that way, except on specialized Vital Strike builds.
No I just mean that regular Aeon bonuses also apply to CMB, including Divine Favor/Power that Hunter/Azata doesn’t get.

Pets can get Dirty Fighting (and CMB Feats thru them) which is what matters. 90% sure (not using CMBs currently with Smilo so will have to check).

Oh well, Divine Favor/Power are Personal buffs, so they won't help the pets. And I'm not wasting MCs feats/actions on that, when pets can generally do it better and cheaper.

Desiderius

Patron
Oh well, Divine Favor/Power are Personal buffs, so they won't help the pets. And I'm not wasting MCs feats/actions on that, when pets can generally do it better and cheaper.
Ah good point. Aeon attk Gaze does help Pets tho. Outside of specific classes built around them I've gotten away from CMBs on most MCs too, though that takes a specific plan like your Mobility Trickster or Pounce/Charge (or your old Vital Strike) to do better than Standard Action single attacks. Currently getting good Full attacks with ranged MC Vanguard Aeon followed by Powerful Charge on Mount.

Strong Bismuth.jpg

You can see by MC this isn't even fully buffed. Not sure where Bismuth is getting all that damage from. Finally getting Mounted Skirmisher at lvl 15 so we'll see how that works.

Yosharian

Arcane
That pet would have really shit AC. Well no, that's too much, but using heavy barding really harms pet AC, especially if you're using Mythical Beast.

And most of that damage is just smite shenanigans which you could do on anything really

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
That pet would have really shit AC. Well no, that's too much, but using heavy barding really harms pet AC, especially if you're using Mythical Beast.

And most of that damage is just smite shenanigans which you could do on anything really
Most?

You’d get more mileage out of the extra STR on a pet with Powerful Charge/Power Attack but it’s still a good boost. Lets you play parties without Guarded/Lethal and still connect, especially if you work a Sacred/Insight/Mythic bonus in there too.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
that and an alzheimer's check-up, since this is the second time you've made turbodweeb remarks about my age despite knowing i'm an oldfag. mobile phones weren't a thing when i started gaming, smartphones sure as shit not lol
You're a victim of duck typing. And for you it works as well as in Python.

I casted protection from fire every turn
You know that you can (and probably should) stack both Protection from Fire and Resist Fire, right?

You have a fitting name, if you read the post you can see I already had resist fire.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
Really enjoyed act 4 overall, particularly the optional fights with the imp, and the house where you get the +2 charisma book but also general pacing. The sudden and unexpected fights during the city, especially with soul hunters but also others really spice it up and make the whole city feel dangerous and keep you on your toes at all times. Most of the fights were won by just phantasmal web into phantasmal putrefaction with PK on choice targets but unattended succubi and incubi dish out ridiculous damage even to my 60ac Camelia and Woljif.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom