Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Been playing a bit over an hour and just had my first female NPC casually talk about her wife...just a warning if that kind of thing is going to trigger you...
Can party members suffer perma-death? (Asking for a friend.)

Those two aren’t party members, and it’s anything but casual, bigot.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Hoping for some HOT paladin sex with that black paladin lady, being a man of culture and crusadery myself, we talk about paladin stuff, abit of wine, then the sex...

She certainly seemed very happy that she met a fellow paladin, sounds good, right?

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm way late to the party but here we go boys!
ttz2gx.png

Which bloodline did you chose?
I went with Fey. The Fey Magic skill sounded like it would be pretty good. I'm all about getting past spell resists

Fey + Azata is some serious Enchanting, and Life Bubble is in game too.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
How long does it take to get to level 7? I'm split between playing a standard Cavalier and Beast Master with a non-standard mount. But a all non-standard mounts need to get to level 7 and grow to large size before they can be mounted by normal-sized races.

jf8350143

Liturgist
What's up with the puzzle in the first dungeon with four colourful buttons?

Is there any hint to the solution in the game?
Yes.
There are 4 paintings that are the same colors in one of the first rooms.
The Paladin's sword is in there fyi.

I mean how do you know what you will have to looking for to solve the puzzle. It seems quite random to looking for something seems total unrelated to the puzzle for answer.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
What's up with the puzzle in the first dungeon with four colourful buttons?

Is there any hint to the solution in the game?
Yes.
There are 4 paintings that are the same colors in one of the first rooms.
The Paladin's sword is in there fyi.

I mean how do you know what you will have to looking for to solve the puzzle. It seems quite random to looking for something seems total unrelated to the puzzle for answer.

Not to mention you won't ever see them unless your camera is at right angle. You should be able to inspect them.

Jinn

Arcane
I enjoyed the story that opens the Aeon Mythic path. Made me consider going for it even though I already know I want to do Trickster for this playthrough. Of course brought him along in my head regardless just because it's neat.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Had some more time and finally finished the intro.

m0oVDZN.jpeg

Wow, the tranny is a complete idiot. The head of security for the city, tons of rumors of a secret cult of demon worshippers underground for years and she never looks into it.
that-is-not-my-job.jpg
It becomes worst,a lot worst. Like a inquisitor going around burning evul elfs because they could be a fucking demons while ignoring swarms of thieflings or super degenerate nobles that will make slanesh blush lol,top tier writing. Fucking kingmaker is a classic compared to that garbage,even deadfire was not that stupid.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I enjoyed the story that opens the Aeon Mythic path. Made me consider going for it even though I already know I want to do Trickster for this playthrough. Of course brought him along in my head regardless just because it's neat.
Mythic paths openings are pretty lame,they are all "i did something in the nature of X". The swamp opening must be you having massive fart during a diner or something lol. Should have been made so you go out of your way to find knowledge and power,not just oh you lied to a bunch of retards,now you are a trickster.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
After much debate, I decided against going for Sorc ---> Lich for my first blind playthrough, my best course of action is to fully embrace popamole and keep things simple:

12P08Kn.gif

I'll switch to Vivisectionist at level 2, probably end up taking some slayer levels and go for the Trickster mythic.

edit: Wtf? Who mixed the audio voices? It sounds like they come from a resonating chamber made of metal.

Last edited:

Robber Baron

Savant
7 hours in one sitting(only 8 minutes in chargen), pretty good. MUCH better than Kingmaker, beggining at least, the same 7 hours in Kingmaker I struggled through for a week at least(I never finished Kingmaker)
Again tighter encounter deisgn, better locations, less trash fights, feels way more fantasy than Kingmaker.
SJW shit is in your face now though, can't kill dem snowflakes yadayada. Feels VERY railroaded in the beggining comming after DAO, DAI, BG3 and hell even POE2 the dialog options are obviously restricting you.
Can't really roleplay outside of goodie-doodie and arghh I kill you. Very Lame much dissapoint
Still good, considering other pros. Really looking forward what the game has in store

And yes I remember shills hyping it as omg ITZ BG2 GUYZ, fuck no, they are absolutely different games

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Finished first act yesterday night and ıt was mostly bug free. But this game heats my PC even more than Warhammer 2, strange.

Only serious trouble I encountered was about mounted combat. Mounts changing targets on their own, full attacks are not happening, pathfinding problems on empty spaces and etc. Considerin my character is a Mad Dog that'll pick some gendarme levels, thats a bit troubling.

Edit: Gonna jack myself in to my PC whole weekend anyway

:love:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Me no pew-pew! Me rpg! Me want to be a lich!

I prefer vampirism.

So far my unique critique is that Cruoromancer seems a bit nerfed(very little, still amazing)

In P&P "Commanding Infusion: When using this infusion with animate dead, the cruoromancer can create a number of Hit Dice of undead equal to three times his caster level instead of twice his caster level."

In game

"Commanding infusion : When using this infusion with animate dead, the summoned skeletons gain +4 enchantment bonus to Strenght and Constituition as if affected by Augumented Summoning Feat"

IMO a better implementation would be to empower animate dead raising 50% more undead.

And yes, I've respected into Cruoromancer. Much better.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Strength damage down to 0 in the first real area I went to after the intro. Damn, game ain't fucking around. Can't even buy restoration scrolls yet due to finances, and if I rest for 2 weeks the plot moves on, so... hmmm. Also the intro/tutorial was too fucking long.

That aside, having a good time. Too much derpy dialog at times but Kingmaker was similar. Funny the game performs worse than Cyberpunk in some areas, but hey that's Unity for ya, not really Owlcat's fault I guess.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom