Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

jf8350143

Liturgist
So how do you order the craftsmen to improve the relic in act 3? I can't seem to make it work.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
The storytelling really is pretty bad. The prologue should have been used to introduce us to the city and its crusaders, instead of having the big bad demon lord turn up almost immediately. The PC could have been a newcomer thinking about joining the crusaders (instead of a fucking chosen one), who's asked to prove his worth by finding and defeating some cultists hiding somewhere in the city ; and only after the PC has succeeded in his task would the demon lord show up. Exploring a few parts of the city and interacting with its inhabitants would obviously make the place feel more real and give more impact to the moment when it gets destroyed.
Ordinarily, I would agree with you as it would give you a chance to bond with characters and learn more about the city.

However, with this game, the more I learn about the characters, the less I want to save them.

Jackpot

Learned
I ended up defeating that robot demon encounter by reloading a bunch hoping to get lucky enough to have both dismiss and hold creature get through the demon's spell resistance and will saves at the start.
It wasn't fun, and I don't really know how you're supposed to do it legitimately.

Then I moved to the next room where there is a virtually identical encounter with the exact same enemies.
:prosper:

dacencora

So I’m liking this a fair deal, but Kingmaker bored me to death. Is it worth going back to Kingmaker eventually?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Sooo it seems now i am at a crossraods,delete the stupid game or wait for a patch or use an old save from 12 hours ago?! For now i will just try out encased,looks better.

panda

Savant
So, everyone gets a warning from their god about sniffy things in their inventory during Leper's Smile entrance, or this is "double reactivity" kicking in for me?

Jorus

Educated
So, everyone gets a warning from their god about sniffy things in their inventory during Leper's Smile entrance, or this is "double reactivity" kicking in for me?
double reactivity, from all the deities that I picked only Norgober warned me about that

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
the more I learn about the characters, the less I want to save them.
Not going to be edgy, but that might be a good thing. We were debating when it came to Tyranny, that, other than MOTB, there are very few RPGs where the evil path feels more rewarding.
NWN2's OC had probably the worst companions of any RPG I've ever played. Going the evil route and killing them all at the end wasn't satisfying, I was just glad to be rid of their whining.

eTFxs59.png
That is to say, I'd rather have interesting companions that I can betray and play a truly evil character than companions so awful that even the most noble lawful good paladin would fantasize about whacking them with a mace.

Shaki

Arbiter
the more I learn about the characters, the less I want to save them.
Not going to be edgy, but that might be a good thing. We were debating when it came to Tyranny, that, other than MOTB, there are very few RPGs where the evil path feels more rewarding.
NWN2's OC had probably the worst companions of any RPG I've ever played. Going the evil route and killing them all at the end wasn't satisfying, I was just glad to be rid of their whining.

eTFxs59.png
That is to say, I'd rather have interesting companions that I can betray and play a truly evil character than companions so awful that even the most noble lawful good paladin would fantasize about whacking them with a mace.

That screenshot made me feel genuinely angry. It's kinda impressive, to be able to write so annoying companions, that even years after playing the game, just seeing their faces still causes that reaction. Idk if her original voice acting was just as bad, but I played NWN2 in Polish dub, and I still remember her fucking screeching like it was yesterday. I could kill her a thousand times and it still wouldn't be enough.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
a) Is it true that liches use charisma instead of constitution for fortitude checks and HP? b) Do Mythic paths continue gaining BAB so you can continue gaining more attacks?

Sadly no. I loved the lich MP but the lich transformation itself gives almost no benefit for you.

Do Mythic paths continue gaining BAB so you can continue gaining more attacks?

No, only certain feats and other stuff increases BAB. Greybor for eg at lv 16 has the normal slayer BAB.

Sunri

Liturgist
"Thats only your opinion and your opinion is Worth nothing becouse you didnt gave them a chance People shit on jurnos that play games for 10h and share their opinion when they do same shit lol"

My opinion matters because it determines whether I like something or not.

I diss journous because they are paid shills. I am not.

I have played the game for near 30 hours, and have taken my sweet time reading everything not rushing through like a moran.

I have DECADES of experience playing crpgs. They have experience of being paid shills.

I don't have time to give companions a 'chance'. If they dislikeable I am not going to ADVENTURE with them. My life is in the balance and I don't have time to baby their feels or your feels. Not when I have mercs who are superior beings I can have join.

Also, i did give them a chance. They had HOURS to prove themselves to me when we were in thos undercaves. They proved they weren't worthy of my time. BLAME THEM NOT ME.

Now go have sex with your flesh eating junkin, your wannabe spider rape victim, and your noble partier who doesn't give a shit everyone is dying yet whines when his relative puts him in his place.

FUKK YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will do this after i finish your mom nów serious stuff didnt you play kingmaker first part also had bad Basic dumb characters like linzi amiri that dumb hoe that complained about how everyone wants to Bang her so she stopped taking showers retarded elf that tels you that shes undead during first meeting at least camelia isnt so retarded to spill her Secrets during first five minute Dunno i think most companions are better compared to kingmaker

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
So.. your big defense of Wrath's garbage npcs is that King's npcs were also garbage?

HAHAHAHAHA!

Piss is better than poo. You better drink it and enjoy it!

HAHAHAHAHAAH!

P.S. You must be playing a lich or a'dampyre' as you love to fukk corpses. GOOD JOB, MATEY!

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Meredoth as a person who finished the game: how does the portrait of the main hero change? Is it some kind of a slow morph of the original portrait, or does the portrait just change to Mythic at some point? Did you use one of the original portraits or import your own?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Yeah,it is very hard dungeon,must have locked it to the wrong chapter. The game does have the worst balance i have seen in an rpg for sure,also attribute and immunity bloat later on.

Oh god, it's locked to this chapter, I didn't even notice.
This fight doesn't even seem winnable like the one with the snakes did at first.
The funny part is that the boss is the easiest fight in the dungeon,now getting to him is a whole different thing.

Sunri

Liturgist
Nope im playing monk/Angel so you didnt like kingmaker and still bought wrath are you retarded or what i Wonder what games did you played in your years of cRPG expierience skyrim and bitcher 3?

Jorus

Educated
Meredoth as a person who finished the game: how does the portrait of the main hero change? Is it some kind of a slow morph of the original portrait, or does the portrait just change to Mythic at some point? Did you use one of the original portraits or import your own?
It changes at
Mythic rank 9
you can either pick the owlcat portrait or use your custom ones

DeepOcean

Arcane
a) Is it true that liches use charisma instead of constitution for fortitude checks and HP? b) Do Mythic paths continue gaining BAB so you can continue gaining more attacks?

Sadly no. I loved the lich MP but the lich transformation itself gives almost no benefit for you.

Do Mythic paths continue gaining BAB so you can continue gaining more attacks?

No, only certain feats and other stuff increases BAB. Greybor for eg at lv 16 has the normal slayer BAB.
So, constitution for a wizard wanting to become lich isnt useless and it is safe to ignore charisma?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Nope im playing monk/Angel so you didnt like kingmaker and still bought wrath are you retarded or what i Wonder what games did you played in your years of cRPG expierience skyrim and bitcher 3?"

My bad. I just noticed your join date. That explains a lot. The fact you think I like Skyshit or Twitcher says a lot.

Also, the fact you think I didn't like Kingmaker shows how stupid ignorant you are. I did the same in Kingmaker. I hired mercs the moment I could.

HOW 'BOUT THAT LITTLE ONE, HOW BOUT THAT?

Sunri

Liturgist
"Nope im playing monk/Angel so you didnt like kingmaker and still bought wrath are you retarded or what i Wonder what games did you played in your years of cRPG expierience skyrim and bitcher 3?"

My bad. I just noticed your join date. That explains a lot. The fact you think I like Skyshit or Twitcher says a lot.

Also, the fact you think I didn't like Kingmaker shows how stupid ignorant you are. I did the same in Kingmaker. I hired mercs the moment I could.

HOW 'BOUT THAT LITTLE ONE, HOW BOUT THAT?
Dunno playing with dolls (mercs) sounds pretty gay to me

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom