Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Get a job, stop being drained by the game! I'm so far behind you guys.... can you just wait?

Same
LoL china pays me 20 evro cents per post of trolling the left behind,maybe you should be wasting your time on the inferior TB garbage combat and embrace evolution :smug:.

Also i am butthurt that the game forced me to play shitty tb encounter. It is so fucking slow that i don't know how you even play it......sad old men.

1orjxAP.png

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I must admit I'm preferring TB with this most of the time - whereas with the Pillows games RTwP seems to be the way to get the best out of them, because the system is designed for it from the ground up, with this because of the tabletop legacy and logic it still feels like it wants to be played turn-based, and it feels better played turn-based (though sometimes it's nice to just let it flow in RTwP too).

The AI feels decent for it too (sometimes they go for your squishies).

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Was it ever explained why the bug demon from the intro decided to go chill out after the initial attack?

Last edited:

Jackpot

Learned
Alright this fucking sci-fi dungeon is kicking my shit in, I'm starting to think about leaving and coming back later.

pzS00UG.png

What's the fucking point of having Electricity remove regeneration AND having an Electricity immunity!?

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Seelah's a little lame
I agree with pretty much everything you said, except this. Seelah's just the worst, and cannot be defended. Background of poverty and of stealing things for a living that ends up a Paladin with the +2 you gain from human to STR?

I mean... she is literally the worst companion Owlcat had in their games. Black women that were raised in the 'hood can be cops too, yo~!

C'mon... everything else you can defend. Seelah? Not so much. "a little lame" is a serious understatement.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Alright this fucking sci-fi dungeon is kicking my shit in, I'm starting to think about leaving and coming back later.

pzS00UG.png

What's the fucking point of having Electricity remove regeneration AND having an Electricity immunity!?
Yeah,it is very hard dungeon,must have locked it to the wrong chapter. The game does have the worst balance i have seen in an rpg for sure,also attribute and immunity bloat later on.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Black women that were raised in the 'hood can be cops too, yo~!

You hit the nail on the head there :salute:

BUT ... if the preaching element were absent, if you just read the story as being about an urchin who got inspired to become a Pally, the writing in and of itself isn't bad (the helmet bit of the story is quite good).

That's what I keep saying about Owlcat games, there are:-

1) the wokeness quotient
2) the actual writing quality

And while 1) is off the charts, as it was with PFK, 2) is actually better than first impressions on account of 1) might lead you to anticipate. Not all of it ofc, some of it's fanfic-ey, but the companions at least are quite well drawn.

Jackpot

Learned
Yeah,it is very hard dungeon,must have locked it to the wrong chapter. The game does have the worst balance i have seen in an rpg for sure,also attribute and immunity bloat later on.

Oh god, it's locked to this chapter, I didn't even notice.
This fight doesn't even seem winnable like the one with the snakes did at first.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
just look at these drones :)
Buy product, get excited for next product.
Kingmaker writing was, I would say, good. Now the thing is, the setting is retarded, crusade against demons make little sense, not sure the writing is on the team.
They did the companions though, right?

And the entire Pathfinder setting is unbelievably gay and stupid. When it's not ripping off D&D (poorly), it's adding in faggots and gender theory.

But Owlcat could have toned things down. They didn't have to push into the spin and make every character a flaming queer.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

pzS00UG.png

There are like two hundred ways to ignore enemies' immunities and resistances in this game. Can't you just use Ember's Vulnerability Curse? (it's an honest question, I don't know if this monster is somehow immune to it)

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Apparently, you need a good-aligned Adamantine weapon before going for him. Cleric spell Bless Weapon gives good-aligned; so Adamantine either needs to be found, forged or crafted; or you may want to hire, like, a Kineticist with Rare-Metal Infusion.

All of those things are from Kingmaker (as I haven't played Wrath yet); I remember having an adamantine pickaxe exactly for such cases.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Did they increase the size of the maps that you adventure on or is it still postage stamp sized?
From the 30 hours I spent on beta + the 1 hour in release version. It didn't feel like it. I don't know. Maybe it gets better in later chapters. However, when your prologue is boring *and* takes up many hours to slog through. It becomes a pain, so much so that I'd rather not bother. Especially when there's better games out there with much improved gameplay that I can be spending my time on. It's like the Temple in Fallout 2 except extended to ten miserable hours. At least Kingmaker's prologue was relatively painless. Can finish it in about 30 mins then get to exploring the world map.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In

pzS00UG.png

There are like two hundred ways to ignore enemies' immunities and resistances in this game. Can't you just use Ember's Vulnerability Curse? (it's an honest question, I don't know if this monster is somehow immune to it)
> reflex +2
Use grease or whatever.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Did they increase the size of the maps that you adventure on or is it still postage stamp sized?
Some are ok sized. Some are tiny. The market felt pretty big, but it takes you through a winding path.

Well for comparison I'll be using SSI's Secret of the Silver Blades. Are the maps in WOTR bigger, equal to, or smaller than the Ruins map?

ruins.jpg

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I actually think they did a great job with the companions. Each has a really clear and interesting archetype (based on what I know of them so far).

Ember is Aerie, if Aerie was worth even the tiniest bit of a shit before Throne of Baal. Camellia, Nenio and Daeran all have a bit of mystery to them. Lann is 'Based-good-guy' the Character. Seelah's a little lame and so is Sosiel (so far), but fuck it, that's two strikes in a mess of hits. It's definitely a coincidence that they're both black, LAWL.

The game throws some crazy shit at you, thick and fast. I had a severed head just appear in my inventory (a wtf that the game acknowledges in the description text). There are a ton of great little touches; the music in the Aeon text sections is superb. Load times are quick. QOL has clearly been a focus for WotR. The writing is genuinely solid. The voice acting is good.

The biggest downside for me is how haphazard the combat is in RTWP. So many particle effects, so many moving parts, I just don't have the ability to micromanage the individual characters enough during the larger fights. Luckily, the turn-based option is there when you need more granular control.

Use the v button to advance time. There is no excuse not to have full control if you want it.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Some are ok sized. Some are tiny. The market felt pretty big, but it takes you through a winding path.

Well for comparison I'll be using SSI's Secret of the Silver Blades. Are the maps in WOTR bigger, equal to, or smaller than the Ruins map?

ruins.jpg
lmao. from what I've seen, I doubt the biggest is even half as big.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom