Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
just look at these drones :)

Yeah, I'm downloading the Day 1 Patch here as well. See you boys in 3 months when I have an opinion on this.

*Sorin throws a smoke bomb*

BYE!

ITS ONNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

May your playthrough be pleasant and furrrrrfilling.

See on the other side, bros! I'm going in - deep - and without caution.

You should play.

Give it to me straight, folks. How buggy is it? Is it playable? I can't deal with another Kingmaker release.

My Notebook didn't exploded when i started the game. Lets freaking go.

DOWNLOAD FASTER YOU FUCKING BITCH DUNKIN DONUTS WIFI

The number of classes and kits.... hnnnggggg.

Lol I’m gonna fuck myself hard, going legend so I’ll be out of a mythic path for a while, wish me luck
:hero:

Downloading now. I don't mind admitting I'm quite excited :)

Holy shit this looks like it's popular. Hopefully it'll make the suits sit up and take notice - although they'll probably get the wrong end of the stick and think it shows that we want more one-legged demiboy vampires in our videogames :)

Started as a grenadier. Need more bombs to spread the will of Gorum
:argh:

Thank you Owlcat for allowing me to make a Cavalier with a Triceratops mount. That spares me from agonizing over which class to choose.

Damn, the music on starting screen is EPIC! I think I will start by listening to that for 10 minutes or so :D

Monk squad reporting in:
Some books are lacking covers. I repeat: some books are lacking covers.

Based. Kill many an orc child and enslave many an elf, hero.

First impression - I can't have a beard while I'm a woman. Literally unplayable.

I'm stuck at the character creation. Help!

Infinitron split the thread man, lets start a new.

Soy consumers and cockroach milk drinkers. Wretched gluttons of all types of degenerate media, and the biggest reason for the accelerated degeneracy you witness in every type of entertainment medium.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Ok, I reached the crystal decision, 3rd floor of Gay Garrison.

Let me take just a minute to note how moronic of the story writers it is to decide that humans and celestials would combine their forces, for the supremely important task of designing a protective system against the abyss, and should be so dumb as to design a system with a single point of failure. If this obelisk breaks the whole barrier goes down. Amazing writing.

Other than that, I think someone on the writing team unintentionally described Russian society and history in two-three paragraphs:
ytZa8DX.jpg

Once again the clearly more evil decision is to prolong the suffering of those who suffer, by choosing the superficially "good" course of action. I don't know if they realized that, and I should give them points for it, or not.

Last edited:

CodexTotalWar

Learned
chapter 2 question
did some1 manage to kill blightmaw rt? Tried 5 times on core and not even close
Remind me which battle was blightmaw?
drezen summon ritual guy

I did by on Core by leaning on the Paladin Summons from the "pre-angel" Mythic Path and have them tank the damage. They appear to be 100% invulnerable to Blightmaw's attacks. I didn't realize this was the case at first (just wanted more buffer to throw into the blender), but yeah, it made the encounter pretty doable. Felt a little cheesy, but I feel like with other summons you can put enough on him to have time to focus him down. Really the only problem is surviving his huge hits.

Had my casters focus on dispelling his true-seeing. I couldn't land any Hexes but they basically stood back and threw everything at him. His touch AC is pretty crap too but I didn't have anything to really exploit that with.

In terms of actually hitting him and doing damage, My straight Paladin + Seelah used Smite Evil stacked with a whole bunch of buffs. I had a scroll of Holy Weapon which I used on Lann (I think alternatively any Good aligned weapon or the spell will work too against the DR but I wanted the extra damage).

DeepOcean

Arcane
So, two questions for muchkins, a) Is it true that liches use charisma instead of constitution for fortitude checks and HP? b) Do Mythic paths continue gaining BAB so you can continue gaining more attacks?

Searched this everywhere and so far, I'm stuck 5hs on the character generator after my first failures, respeccing is too decline and besides I'm fearful of the game blowing up if I try that. Interesting, 2/3 of my time so far were on the character generator, when I start playing, I get bored then restart the character generator to wasting more time generating characters that I wont probably play. The character generation is too much crack for my muchkin brain.

Sunri

Liturgist
Why some of the morons here judge companion after first Chapter they change and evolve after some time at least some of them i didnt expect so many retarded takes on RPG forum

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
If this obelisk breaks the whole barrier goes down. Amazing writing.

A single point of failure is fine as long as the story establishes why it exists and uses it narratively. You know, like the One Ring.

Of course here, the very important thing that absolutely cannot be lost, stops being important five minutes after the game lets you destroy it. Because EPIC CYOA is apparently more important than narrative coherency.

I mean, it's an adaptation of a fucking DnD knockoff adventure module. Can't exactly expect much when that kind of source material dictates fundamental elements of the story.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Why some of the morons here judge companion after first Chapter they change and evolve after some time at least some of them i didnt expect so many retarded takes on RPG forum"

First impressions matter.

The companions are not good. DEAL WITH IT.

Doesn't matter. I got mercenaries, and that is what matters.

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
I'm in Act 2 (haven't read a word of this thread, up to this point) and so far WotR takes a giant, steaming shit on Kingmaker in virtually every way.

Sunri

Liturgist
"Why some of the morons here judge companion after first Chapter they change and evolve after some time at least some of them i didnt expect so many retarded takes on RPG forum"

Thats only your opinion and your opinion is Worth nothing becouse you didnt gave them a chance People shit on jurnos that play games for 10h and share their opinion when they do same shit lol

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
People shit on jurnos that play games for 10h and share their opinion when they do same shit lol
Except jurnos are writing articles which are viewed by thousands of people. Articles that can determine the success or failure of a game. Jurnos have an influence on our hobby. That's why the receive that scrutiny. No one cares what Princess Volourn says. As his posts on here isn't going to somehow influence thousands of consumers.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here

Thats only your opinion and your opinion is Worth nothing becouse you didnt gave them a chance People shit on jurnos that play games for 10h and share their opinion when they do same shit lol
First impressions matter a lot, even to average gamers. You never want to start with shit content and then it suddenly get better, like what the fuck is that?

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
it's pretty funny reading the comments on steam from fanboys, slowly but surely waking up to the realization that this release is a buggy mess too! :)

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Thats only your opinion and your opinion is Worth nothing becouse you didnt gave them a chance People shit on jurnos that play games for 10h and share their opinion when they do same shit lol"

My opinion matters because it determines whether I like something or not.

I diss journous because they are paid shills. I am not.

I have played the game for near 30 hours, and have taken my sweet time reading everything not rushing through like a moran.

I have DECADES of experience playing crpgs. They have experience of being paid shills.

I don't have time to give companions a 'chance'. If they dislikeable I am not going to ADVENTURE with them. My life is in the balance and I don't have time to baby their feels or your feels. Not when I have mercs who are superior beings I can have join.

Also, i did give them a chance. They had HOURS to prove themselves to me when we were in thos undercaves. They proved they weren't worthy of my time. BLAME THEM NOT ME.

Now go have sex with your flesh eating junkin, your wannabe spider rape victim, and your noble partier who doesn't give a shit everyone is dying yet whines when his relative puts him in his place.

FUKK YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
I actually think they did a great job with the companions. Each has a really clear and interesting archetype (based on what I know of them so far).

Ember is Aerie, if Aerie was worth even the tiniest bit of a shit before Throne of Baal. Camellia, Nenio and Daeran all have a bit of mystery to them. Lann is 'Based-good-guy' the Character. Seelah's a little lame and so is Sosiel (so far), but fuck it, that's two strikes in a mess of hits. It's definitely a coincidence that they're both black, LAWL.

The game throws some crazy shit at you, thick and fast. I had a severed head just appear in my inventory (a wtf that the game acknowledges in the description text). There are a ton of great little touches; the music in the Aeon text sections is superb. Load times are quick. QOL has clearly been a focus for WotR. The writing is genuinely solid. The voice acting is good.

The biggest downside for me is how haphazard the combat is in RTWP. So many particle effects, so many moving parts, I just don't have the ability to micromanage the individual characters enough during the larger fights. Luckily, the turn-based option is there when you need more granular control.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom