Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Parabalus

Arcane
You don't need the various skills on the MC to benefit from Trickster tricks , i.e., Nenio can have Knowledge Arcana, identify the item and it'll still be buffed.

Mauman

Learned
You don't need the various skills on the MC to benefit from Trickster tricks , i.e., Nenio can have Knowledge Arcana, identify the item and it'll still be buffed.

how buffed are the items out of curiosity?

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Welp, Blackwater was one giant shit fest. Or rather, one giant slog. None of the enemies posed any actual threat, but fighting demons with 50 AC and ~500 HP is just a pain in the ass. And then the final boss was just a walkover, after what mustve been 2 solid hours of greasing and praying for critical hit confirmations. Whoever designed this part of the game deserves to be shot. It feels genuinely misplaced and more like a kickstarter backer self-insert for "cool steampunk shit" than anything that actually belongs into the game.

Didn't help that there was basically no meaningful loot in this entire shithole, with enemies who are sitting well above 45AC dropping +1 armors and basic non-enhanced weapons.

I finished there "easly" thanks to my casters, but yeah kind of a slog for melee heavy parties. Ember on fire lightning, Daeran on fire, holy damage made short work of most fights. Last fight was kinda cool with all that movement and stuff.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
So, do you guys do anything interesting with Nenio? Or just go pure aspie wizard?

I just started using scrolls instead of taking Abundant Casting (took Enduring instead) and liking it a lot. This lets you cast some very high DC AoE control spells (mostly Slow early) while using her slots for buffs.

Will be going SS10/Loremaster10 and probably getting her some xBow skillz. Midgame Illusion spells are very strong (Pattern, Web, and Putrefaction) so will be casting those and Persistent versions in hard fights.

Desiderius

Patron
Welp, Blackwater was one giant shit fest. Or rather, one giant slog. None of the enemies posed any actual threat, but fighting demons with 50 AC and ~500 HP is just a pain in the ass. And then the final boss was just a walkover, after what mustve been 2 solid hours of greasing and praying for critical hit confirmations. Whoever designed this part of the game deserves to be shot. It feels genuinely misplaced and more like a kickstarter backer self-insert for "cool steampunk shit" than anything that actually belongs into the game.

Didn't help that there was basically no meaningful loot in this entire shithole, with enemies who are sitting well above 45AC dropping +1 armors and basic non-enhanced weapons.

Why are you trying to clear a 15th level dungeon with a first level spell? Is literally everyone here autistic? Grease and Magic Missile? Do you drive your car three miles per hour?

As for loot how’s that Perception? I haven’t gotten there yet so we’ll see. Usually when I hear no loot I get somewhere and it’s overflowing.

EDIT: sounds like shitty tacked on Boggart area from P:K. If it is may skip.

Last edited:

Stoned Ape

Savant
Unfortunately since going gold dragon path

My biggest dissapointment so far, gold dragon feels a downgrade after Azata...

Yeah, same for me after Aeon. I really miss Enforcing Gaze, golem summons, upgraded bane, the useful extra spells, and getting size modifiers to attributes.

From Gold Dragon, I got about 70-80 extra hitpoints, Dragon breath, bonus to saves, a few status immunities (which Aeon pretty much covered anyway), and my weak attributes (the ones I don't care about) boosted.

So far, very underwhelmed. Hope that when the rest of the path unlocks it's actually worth it.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Just shut your eyes and throw Snowballs everywhere.

Jesus Snowballs, Magic Missile, and Grease. Why even have Spellbooks. Y’all are the caster equivalent of the people who clear Diablo naked with a basic knife or whatever.

Gradenmayer

Learned
How do you reach the house of ten thousand delights? I can't find any way to get over there

Shadenuat

Arcane
How do you reach the house of ten thousand delights? I can't find any way to get over there
If I remember that location, part of level, the wall section, must lower down, and you use it as elevator. Maybe you missed it and need to run around somewhat to trigger that thing, similar to arena rotating door.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
PLaying on CORE now, which is infinitely less rage-inducing and stressful, due to monsters actually dying, and you not being fucking 1-shot by tier 1 monsters becuase you rolled shitty.

Hard and beyond feels like ultra min-maxy and just straight up RNG in terms of how well you handle fights.

Pre-buffing for 1 hour in order to actually kill shit before each fight is still fucking garbage.

Im personally not into reloading every fight, or reloading 1 fight 90 times to get it right.. yeah no fucking thanks tho.

Gradenmayer

Learned
If I remember that location, part of level, the wall section, must lower down, and you use it as elevator. Maybe you missed it and need to run around somewhat to trigger that thing, similar to arena rotating door.
Thank you very much.
Whoever designed it like that is a retard. It bugged out and i had to run around for 5 minutes until it decided to go down, millimeter by millimeter.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Best character in the game is our fat crusader-merchant bro. He charges into battle with you so you can sell loot unlike disgusting ork cunt, he don't talk much, he brings you cool +6 belt for sale right at the start of chapter 3.

Desiderius

Patron
Thank you very much.
Whoever designed it like that is a retard. It bugged out and i had to run around for 5 minutes until it decided to go down, millimeter by millimeter.

You just have to step out into... the Abyss. It's easy once you get use to it.

That part you activate the door (?) and the wall section magically lowers on cue.

Desiderius

Patron
PLaying on CORE now, which is infinitely less rage-inducing and stressful, due to monsters actually dying, and you not being fucking 1-shot by tier 1 monsters becuase you rolled shitty.

Hard and beyond feels like ultra min-maxy and just straight up RNG in terms of how well you handle fights.

Pre-buffing for 1 hour in order to actually kill shit before each fight is still fucking garbage.

Im personally not into reloading every fight, or reloading 1 fight 90 times to get it right.. yeah no fucking thanks tho.

That is not how it's designed to be played. If you're reloading a lot, turn down the difficulty. And no endless prebuffing isn't necessary either, just strategic pre-buffing and party comp design.

I'll be playing mostly on Core too but Hard is doable with the right party comp/attention level.

You're describing Unfair, which is likely solvable without endless reloads as well at least by midgame but beyond my patience.

cw8

Cipher
I was just browsing through the Mythic class abilities. The Tricker has summon Wild Hunt spells. If the Wild Hunt summon packs are as annoying as they were in Kingmaker, wouldn't they steamroll all your enemies? Or are the enemies in the later chapters of a different league now?

Desiderius

Patron
I was just browsing through the Mythic class abilities. The Tricker has summon Wild Hunt spells. If the Wild Hunt summon packs are as annoying as they were in Kingmaker, wouldn't they steamroll all your enemies? Or are the enemies in the later chapters of a different league now?

Mixed bag. Your foes will not be trying to kill them with Grease, Magic Missile, and Snowball if that's what you're asking. And they often use buffs as well. And don't dump skills.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
Thank you very much.
The map shifts around based on camera angle, you have to rotate the camera to trigger its movement.

Desiderius

Patron
I finished there "easly" thanks to my casters, but yeah kind of a slog for melee heavy parties. Ember on fire lightning, Daeran on fire, holy damage made short work of most fights. Last fight was kinda cool with all that movement and stuff.

Spolier:

Reg10 schmaking Blightmaw Core.jpg

Highly doubt it will be a slog for melee parties.

Desiderius

Patron
Yes, yes, Shadenuat there is a Snowball Meta Meta - you can get there if you have to, particularly against a certain Dragon - but the Magic Missile/Grease stuff is just lazy security blanket clutching.

And getting there with Snowball is actually harder than just biting the bullet and getting your Spell Pen where it needs to be.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Yea, that last CH1 fight is garbo, should have been a real battle.
Wait, wot? In this one particular fight everyone exploding around me was not intended?
It made me think of the tutorial mission in Fallout 4 where they let you try out the power armor, just to wave it under your nose. On one hand, I was impressed, there was that "ostranenie" effect, which was their intention. On the other, I hope they don't do this again because it will feel cheap.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Why are you trying to clear a 15th level dungeon with a first level spell? Is literally everyone here autistic? Grease and Magic Missile? Do you drive your car three miles per hour?

As for loot how’s that Perception? I haven’t gotten there yet so we’ll see. Usually when I hear no loot I get somewhere and it’s overflowing.

Yeah, how dare I use spells efficiently instead of blowing 6th and 7th level spells into literal cannon fodder, when a second level spell works just as effectively. The annoyance comes with enemies that have absurdly high AC/HP with no downside other than shitty reflex saves, which essentially just boils down to fights taking fairly long (mind you, playing on Hard). So far every dungeon, while being thoroughly challenging even with somewhat optimized builds, was never a big slog. This was one I quickly got bored with. The aesthetics/theme of the dungeon don't fit the general narrative at all, enemy variation is pretty much nonexistant, casters are just there to fatigue you, and while I could've blown higher level spells to get through it faster, I also wouldve had to rest - and I'm trying to be conservative with those as I don't know how many of them I'll actually need, or how big dungeon will be.

When most enemies need 3-4 exsanguinates or bolstered Fireballs to kill, while posing no threat whatsoever (their ABs are dogshit, they barely hit my Camellia with her 46 AC), that's just boring design. Putting a few 50-56 AC sponges in your way that cant even hit a single attack, with Regeneration 10 or higher, and needing 10+ Coup de Grace casts to kill due to excessively high fortitude saves, is the definition of boring. Too bad their regeneration can only be stopped with electricity or adamantine weapons. While not having access to the latter, and half the mobs being straight up immune to the former. Just wasting time.

Loot isn't an issue of Perception, as most interesting loot isn't hidden behind perception checks. Regardless, I doubt I missed anything with 40+ Perception. I say shit loot whenever I meet interesting boss fights or tough as nails enemies, and they then drop shit like a Chainmail Shirt +1 or even non-enhanced weapons/armor. Which is Blackwater, in a nutshell. Unless you think its interesting design that you need to dimension door through doors you cannot open otherwise (unless you take the Evil option) for the only loot thats worth getting in there.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom